1/6 VTS VM053 Hypersonic Mission - Navy Test Pilot (Top Gun -Maverick Darkstar Pressure Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy pre-order. Also didn't notice in the movie that he wore a Skunk Works patch on his flightsuit.

Having the full scale Darkstar model designed by Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works division was an added incentive to get this figure.

Darkstar_40_800.jpg

It also makes it easier to imagine that Darkstar was an actual SR-72 "Son of Blackbird" prototype.

As long as VTS doesn't change the helmet ( :pray: ) he'll look like belongs with their DAM U-2 and SR-71 figures.

VTS Darkstar Navy Test Pilot (14).jpg

While I have the other three pressure suited figures from Dam Toys, this one will be displayed with my flight suit Maverick figure.

When the VTS announcement came I had another look at the shelf with my pressure suit guys, and exiled the two Rocketeers to make space for the Darkstar pilot.

I don't have a Maverick. The closest I ever came to one was Threezero's US Combat Aircrew which was made with a Tom Cruise sculpt:

images.jpg

I sold him some years ago when I cleared out most of my Dragon and BBI figures.

I kept a few though, including two BBI F-15C pilots and the Dragon F-15E Night Strike Pilot. The BBI figures in particular still display well (if you conceal the giant zip pulls!)

s-l1600.jpg

images (1).jpg

The BBI ones seem like the only affordable option atm. All the other brand’s flight suit figs on eBay skyrocketed in price, probably because of the film :lol Hopefully VTS or another company makes a new one soon

didnt know maverick is a captain. always though he was stuck with lieutenant or some thing lol. they didnt really address his rank in the movie.

I basically plopped a Tom Cruise head sculpt on one of the BBi Naval Aviator figures. I have to update the helmet and flight suit patches for Maverick, though.
i like the tom cruise sculpt that came with a blue jacket half bust and shades.

didnt know maverick is a captain. always though he was stuck with lieutenant or some thing lol. they didnt really address his rank in the movie.
Didn't they? I only half watched the movie on a plane but he was being mocked for "only" being a captain after like three decades when his friend was admiral or whatever

Though to be fair, a Captain in the Navy is the equivalent of an O-6/"Full Bird" Colonel in the Air Force and Army. Still a fairly impressive rank for someone to make.

Back