Mission Impossible 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked some of the action but I felt this was too long and ... well, not that great.

Wow! Thought you would be on the "this is the greatest movie" bandwagon. It's good, not great. Some great action though.

This movie cost more to make than other big summer movies yet opened the same as the much cheaper to make A Quiet Place.

Supposedly Cruise’s injury alone cost Paramount an additional 60-80 million and here I thought practical effects were cheaper than cgi.

Sorry Cavill WB now going to pay you less for Superman but damn you’re a perfect male specimen lol.

Last edited:
What would give you that idea?

I watched Ghost Protocol the other night again too... I still don't get the love for that one either. That building climb in Dubai was awesome but not much else.

This was also pretty good. mission-impossible-rogue-nation-rebecca-ferguson-yellow-dress.jpg

Just saw Mission Impossible: Fallout. Look, I don't have some massive love for this franchise and I'm pretty casual with it but I think M:I:6 might be my favorite movie of the year next to Avenger: Infinity War. Absolutely stellar and a perfect example of why I go to the movies. It's an excellent blockbuster.

Loved it. Great movie. It is hard to believe that these movies just keep getting better. MI2 is the only weak link in the series.

For me:

1) MI3 (The bridge scene is my favorite of all the movies, and PSH was easily the best villain. RIP.)
2) MI6
3) MI4
4) MI5
5) MI1
6) MI2

I just got done watching all of these about a week ago and watched the new one tonight..

Personally I still think the first one is best. Yes it has the least action but the pacing is about perfect and it just has that certain something that I like. I am always shocked how much I enjoy it after I finish watching it.

My Rankings.

MI:1 (Still My fav)
MI:5 (The addition of Ilsa was a great thing)
MI:6 (HC makes a great villain and it had some of the best action)
MI:3 (PSH is the best villain and I agree with
Rmsceb about the bridge scene)
MI:4 (Never been in love with this one. I like it but the villain sucks and there are no standout action scenes other then the building climb)
MI:2 (Awful)

I liked some of the action but I felt this was too long and ... well, not that great.

I think all the MI films accept for the first one are a bit too long. They could all have about 15 min cut from them. The 3rd act always seems to drag. I don't know if I think any of them are "great" But the good almost always outweighs the bad and they are an enjoyable watch. They are high quality summer movies and better then most. Some of the action scenes are amazing thanks to Cruise being Nuts :lol

Like I said above.. I still think the first is the best. I think that must have something to do with the style and DePalmer's direction. But other then part 2 I enjoy all of them.

Holy Smokes this thing was 2 hrs. 27 min long..

Well I thought it felt long but I will give it credit for not feeling as long as its Run time.
But if you shave off 1 or 15 min and make that Helicopter chase a little shorter it would have made the film much better and perhaps even be my fav of the franchise.

Bathroom fight and vehicle chases were fantastic. I can forgive the bloat.

MI3 had the best villain -- except for his silly "Speed-style" death. Rolling him out into the street, really?

I think MI5 has been my favorite so far.

MI5 is some good stuff. 2nd best villain of the series. MI3 villain is still number 1... I agree about his demise thought.

Same. These movies are only slightly above the F&F franchise for me. I saw MI and MI:2 in the theaters but then skipped MI:3 and Ghost Protocol (the latter of which I still haven't seen, even on television.) I saw Rogue Nation on the big screen and thought it was decent but really only because of Rebecca Ferguson. I doubt I'll catch the new one in the theater regardless of any hype. Like you said these films just don't really grab me.

Ouch.. Cant agree with you there. The quality and film making far outdoes F&F films. Cruise takes these to the next level...The stunt work, chorography, and practical fx are some of Hollywood's best in recent years. Having said that. None of them are in my top 10 action movies. Like I have been saying. They are all a little long and the 3rd acts always seem to suffer because they can't top the middle acts action.

For the record MI3 interrogation scene of PSH is some fantastic stuff. Great villain.

What would give you that idea?

I watched Ghost Protocol the other night again too... I still don't get the love for that one either. That building climb in Dubai was awesome but not much else.

Yeah.. I actually thought it was boarder line bade the first time I saw it. Thought it was boring and had no stand out scene accept for the Building climb.

However I did enjoy it much more when I watched it this past week... Still don't remember much about it accept that building scene though :lol

I loved all the movies, even Mi 2. It's underrated to say the least. I think just in the past ten years or so it has gotten a bad rep. I remember when it first came out and we absolutely loved it. Everyone was talking about it, and I recall people having nothing but positive things to say about it. Tom sure does know how to entertain thats for sure, he's arguably the best action star in the biz. Cavill was great in this last one too.

I loved all the movies, even Mi 2. It's underrated to say the least. I think just in the past ten years or so it has gotten a bad rep. I remember when it first came out and we absolutely loved it. Everyone was talking about it, and I recall people having nothing but positive things to say about it. Tom sure does know how to entertain thats for sure, he's arguably the best action star in the biz. Cavill was great in this last one too.

I remember the trailers for it and me and my friends thought it looked so good and cool.. But after seeing it we all thought it was pretty bad. Time has not been kind to it. Its more P Woo then John Woo :lol

Its just a goofy movie in my eyes and offers nothing in the way of excitement. But its cool if you still like it of course.

But I agree.. Tom may just be the best Action star in the biz.

I enjoyed M:I-2 but what really annoyed me was how terrified they were of apparently pushing the PG-13 rating. The bloodless gun battles were even worse than the Nolan Dark Knight flicks causing the entire movie to play like it was edited for TV, even in the theater.

He's had an incredible career, even all the Scientology stuff hasn't interfered.

I can binge his films easily across every genre.

Saw it and loved it. The bathroom fight, the motorcycle chase, the rooftop run and helicopter chase were spectacular.

I think this is like the only franchise where I've pretty much enjoyed every movie, Fall Out, Ghost Protocol and MI:1 being my favorites. They're all pretty derivative, rogue agent, disavowed good guy, etc. etc. but every movie is always consistently good.

Cruise is the closet thing to a "movie star" in the old fashioned sense that we have. I don't care what he does in his personal life he is terrific in his films and gets terrific films(mostly) made.

Back