Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 (July 14th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's probably more the fact they thought the Ethan/Ilsa story was already played out, and there wasn't anywhere else to go with it. And better to kill her off and use the death as a catalyst for the story than have her hanging out in the background for two movies. Which personally I thought was a good choice.

I think it's probably more the fact they thought the Ethan/Ilsa story was already played out, and there wasn't anywhere else to go with it. And better to kill her off and use the death as a catalyst for the story than have her hanging out in the background for two movies. Which personally I thought was a good choice.
She was a great character though and I’ll miss her in future films

Sorry to resurrect but I have to gush lol

Ok I had only ever watched M1-4.

It’s also been a very long time since having watched M1-4

I don’t even remember them at all other than these 4 memories:

1. Face reveal from M1
2. Helicopter explosion M1 sending Ethan flying onto train.
3. Bridge missle from M3.
4. Underwhelmed by Ghost Protocol on first and only viewing.

That’s it that’s my only memory from the MI series.

I just watched all of them back to back this week!

Here goes.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! :thud:

Sorry Bond

Sorry Wick

MI is the best spy series EVER and probably the best action series EVER!

True some are better than others but ALL are above average I was expecting 2 to suck but it actually didn’t :thud:

The stuff with the syndicate was better than anything from Bond and Blofeld there I said it.

My rankings:

Soon to come lol

Very difficult to rank they’re all so good!

Because of the syndicate 2 part movies I rank them like this:

1. Fallout/Rogue Nation tied as one movie for an epic double feature.
2. M3
3. Dead Reckoning
4. Ghost Protocol
5. M2
6. M1

M3 and Dead Reckoning are nearly equals but M3 just beats it.

Hottest chicks:

Patton and Fergurson

Haley should’ve come in first place but they unfortunately covered her up WTF who does that to the DD milf goddess!

Patton ain’t no slouch either in that DDepartment :google

Kirby is going to make a great Sue Storm!

I loved JW4 but MI series has the best stunts in cinema history.

Cruise is an animal.

MI2 actually didn’t suck WTF lol

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect but I have to gush lol

Ok I had only ever watched M1-4.

It’s also been a very long time since having watched M1-4

I don’t even remember them at all other than these 4 memories:

1. Face reveal from M1
2. Helicopter explosion M1 sending Ethan flying onto train.
3. Bridge missle from M3.
4. Underwhelmed by Ghost Protocol on first and only viewing.

That’s it that’s my only memory from the MI series.

I just watched all of them back to back this week!

Here goes.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! :thud:

Sorry Bond

Sorry Wick

MI is the best spy series EVER and probably the best action series EVER!

True some are better than others but ALL are above average I was expecting 2 to suck but it actually didn’t :thud:

The stuff with the syndicate was better than anything from Bond and Blofeld there I said it.

My rankings:

Soon to come lol
:clapNothing Wrong with resurrecting a Mission impossible thread. Great to see you found love for these films. I been saying for a while now that these are some of the best action films being produced by Hollywood.
Very difficult to rank they’re all so good!

Because of the syndicate 2 part movies I rank them like this:

1. Fallout/Rogue Nation tied as one movie for an epic double feature.
2. M3
3. Dead Reckoning
4. Ghost Protocol
5. M2
6. M1

M3 and Dead Reckoning are nearly equals but M3 just beats it.

Hottest chicks:

Patton and Fergurson

Haley should’ve come in first place but they unfortunately covered her up WTF who does that to the DD milf goddess!

Patton ain’t no slouch either in that DDepartment :google

Kirby is going to make a great Sue Storm!

I loved JW4 but MI series has the best stunts in cinema history.

Cruise is an animal.

MI2 actually didn’t suck WTF lol
I like MI 1 much more than you and I have no love for MI2

Our lists are almost the same.

My Rankings
1. Rouge Nation
2. MI:III - My fav Villian of the series which often takes this to #1 on my list.
3. Fallout
4. Dead Reconning
5. MI:1
6. Ghost Protocall

These six are very close in Rankings for me and other than Fallout just about all of them could be interchangeable depending on the day.

6. MI:2 - Just too much cheese for me to take it seriously. Tom at the height of his ego. Its somewhat watchable but damn it takes forever to get the action at the end. All the other films feel like part of the same series. Tom Cruise's hair ruins the continuity of these films :lol

Love that you love these now Jye!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW WOULD YOU FINALLY GO WATCH POLTERGEIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol

Last edited:
Ok it’s that time I guess

MI rankings

1. MI:3 - No crazy stunts in this one but a great villain. Best villain of the series IMO.
2. MI:5 - Good villain, great main stunt, great Bike chase, Great MI girl
3. MI:1 - I’m a big fan of this one. It’s not action packed but it moves at a great pace.
4. MI:7 - great action, good MI girls, great villain.
5. MI:6 - Great villains and some top notch action. Movie overstays it’s welcome by the end.
6. MI:4 - I like this more now. I did not care for it on first viewing. Thought the Villain was a bore. 2nd viewing was much more enjoyable.

7. MI:2 - was crap when it was first released and it’s worse crap now.

:lol Well look at that. Just like I said, my list changed :lol

2. M3
6. M1

Kind of interesting where MI3 could have gone. JJ Abrams sprang from MI3 to Star Trek 2009, which was a huge hit, that gave him the cache to ruin the Sequel Trilogy.

You could argue Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner indirectly helped tank all of current Star Wars as we know it.

I still like MI1 the best. All the others were variations of a battle tested quality controlled "Tom Cruise movie", but the first was Cruise as a moving piece in a classic DePalma film.

It is kind of interesting that many people loved Cruise in Collateral. A more gritty unforgiving kind of role. Which Carnahan is more aligned towards himself. That version of MI3 could have really gotten us a much darker version of the rest of the MI series to follow.

Ferguson is hot as all hell. She just looks better dirtied up. She's my pick for best of Ethan Hunt's side chicks. My friend, I think you'd be taken aback at some of this arm candy brigade off camera. Food deprivation long term just breaks people mentally and emotionally. But maybe you like foreplay better when they yell at you. :lol

:clapNothing Wrong with resurrecting a Mission impossible thread. Great to see you found love for these films. I been saying for a while now that these are some of the best action films being produced by Hollywood.

I like MI 1 much more than you and I have no love for MI2

Our lists are almost the same.

My Rankings
1. Rouge Nation
2. MI:III - My fav Villian of the series which often takes this to #1 on my list.
3. Fallout
4. Dead Reconning
5. MI:1
6. Ghost Protocall

These six are very close in Rankings for me and other than Fallout just about all of them could be interchangeable depending on the day.

6. MI:2 - Just too much cheese for me to take it seriously. Tom at the height of his ego. Its somewhat watchable but damn it takes forever to get the action at the end. All the other films feel like part of the same series. Tom Cruise's hair ruins the continuity of these films :lol

Love that you love these now Jye!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW WOULD YOU FINALLY GO WATCH POLTERGEIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol
If M2 is as bad as it gets then i’m ok with it being last to near last because there were some incredible sequences in that and get this his obnoxious rock climbing in MI2 actually came back and impacted the rock climbing climax in Fallout so just for that alone MI2 can he given some slack lol

Ask me tomorrow and i’ll place M1 over M2 lol

Ghost Protocol did improve from my first viewing but it still isn’t RN or FO.

RN/FO are masterpiece action cinema.

Just saw Dead Reckoning for a second time (outdoor on top deck of cruise ship mid-Caribbean...) and its certainly a fun movie but I always feel like Ethan Hunt is a somewhat vacuous character. Bond generally just seems to tower over his films whereas Hunt always feels like he's a notch above the other IMF members in terms of character prominence. Not sure exactly wha it is as they try to buil;d on relationships from previous movies (though in DR the two female villains - Dr Marten assassin and Crown weapon dealer looked too similar, as did the two female allies - pickpocket and sniper girl.)

Another issue is that some of the MI films blur together for me, whereas with Bond that happens less for some reason.

I was on a ton of flights this past month or so and couldn't believe how popular Top Gun Mav is - SO many watching it. I watched it again on my first flight leg and I'm beginning to think it will emerge as a classic, certainly in the top 3 all time of Cruise's movies. It just works sooo perfectly on every level (despite the fact the mission itself always makes me laugh that it's so close to SW ANH.)

I love this series despite its odd detour and bump

1. RN far and away the best for me. Love everything about it, especially Ilsa and the set pieces
2. FO just a hair below RN, a bit too long but great character work, action and you know, Cavill is awesome
3. MI1 love the mostly non-action approach and despite some hokeyness it’s obviously classic DePalma
4. DR1 not great but underrated
5. GP not great but ok
6. MI3 awful, I’m come to really hate JJ despite the great presence of PSH
7. MI2 the worst easily but strangely watchable, some of the action is decent

I love this series despite its odd detour and bump

1. RN far and away the best for me. Love everything about it, especially Ilsa and the set pieces
2. FO just a hair below RN, a bit too long but great character work, action and you know, Cavill is awesome
3. MI1 love the mostly non-action approach and despite some hokeyness it’s obviously classic DePalma
4. DR1 not great but underrated
5. GP not great but ok
6. MI3 awful, I’m come to really hate JJ despite the great presence of PSH
7. MI2 the worst easily but strangely watchable, some of the action is decent
Solid list. Totally agree with MI2 being last. That one is definitely the awkward odd one out.
MI1 is my favourite. Classic spy movie. Otherwise my list would be about the same as yours.

Totally agree with MI2 being last.

Z8UNQozF.gif

Back