Mission Impossible 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently after the whole JL debacle Henry Cavill’s moustache has gained sentience, taken the name of KingStache, and is now shilling the movie through Henry’s Instagram account:

KingStache said:
Dear Reader

Due to the lateness of the hour Henry is now actually in bed, it is a school night after all. Being his moustache however, I require no sleep (or food). So I have taken it upon myself to address you, my lovers and my haters to announce this exciting event! The first trailer is here, my glorious debut! Bathe in my bristly glow! Marvel at my contours and yes, be allured you who are facially able, for our time has come. From the pages of history we shall charge forth and rule the world once more and I shall be your king! Also, I hope the Superbowl is exciting. As I have no eyes, I cannot know what state it's in right now but I do hope it's entertaining! Link in bio.
#KingStache
#MissionImpossible
@MissionImpossible

I guess at least they’re trying something different :lol

The 3rd is still my favourite because: (RIP you utter boss) Philip seymour hoffman! :rock

I agree though Rebecca Ferguson is hawt, and makes a great female lead.

mi-5.gif

I only have vague memories of these movies at this point. I love the first film and really enjoyed Ghost Protocol but can't seem to remember what any of the others are about. I'm sure I'll see this eventually at some point.

I only have vague memories of these movies at this point. I love the first film and really enjoyed Ghost Protocol but can't seem to remember what any of the others are about. I'm sure I'll see this eventually at some point.

I get the last 3 mixed up, can't remember which I've seen. I feel like this movie already came out...

It seems the story of every MI movie is that he or his crew goes rogue because they can’t trust their organization... why does he even work for them at this point :lol

As for me, I personally only like the first and the fourth.

Wasn't really interested in seeing this movie until I learned that Tom learned how to fly helicopters specifically for the stunts. Pretty cool.

Video if you haven't watched it.

It seems the story of every MI movie is that he or his crew goes rogue because they can’t trust their organization... why does he even work for them at this point :lol

As for me, I personally only like the first and the fourth.

It really does always play out that way, you think he would quit or at least quit talking to Baldwin.

It's cute a little boy learned how to fly.

:rotfl :rotfl

The first is a classic, plain and simple. I also echo that I really like the third. Of all of them, it feels the most like the original show (the Vatican sequence, anyways), but adding an awesome baddie. There's also the fact that you literally go the entire movie without knowing what the macguffin - the "rabbit's foot" - even is, or what it does, or why it's important. It just doesn't matter (which is hilarious, because how many movies have macguffins and spend all this time building up how important they are...and the good guys stop it in the end anyway lol).

Didn't care for Ghost Protocol. Reminded me of Ocean's 12, in that it's just one failure after another and they bumble their way through mistake after tech failure after screwup and somehow save the day anyways. Meh. Plus no Luther (aside from a moment right at the end).

Rogue Nation was a bit better, and I like that they're finally establishing recurring team members aside from Luther and Benji. But yeah, I agree that the whole "MI:6 is out to get us" thing is getting old at this point. In fact, I feel like in only one case - M:I-2 - the good guys were actually the good guys all the way through. It feels like rehashing in this one, and didn't add enough (like 3 did) to make it worth repeating. Furguson was good, the bad guy was good.

My big confusion with Rogue Nation is honestly in the title, which is repeated throughout the movie. There's a "Rogue Nation" plotting against them. Wouldn't that be a Rogue ORGANIZATION? Nation implies a city-state with a government and a PM/President and citizens. This is just a covert spy ring. I find it hard to take it seriously when they keep using that term and it makes NO SENSE.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this one, but I fear it's trying to do to Rogue Nation what Spectre was to Skyfall. Skyfall was a classic, and Spectre still didn't quite achieve that. And Rogue Nation is no Skyfall.

The trailer was a snooze until the last 5 shots.

I've grown tired of Cruise's antics. He's a bit like a CGI character now -- full of beauty shots and indestructible. He's not charming, he's not funny, he's not cool. He's just this generic action hero that plods through the motions of a quickly editing stunt sequence -- unless he does the stunt then they hold on him forever.

The Mission Impossible movies are mildly entertaining action romps. There used to be hundreds of these in the 80's. Now that they are few and far between, these garner more attention then they merit.

Still, I'll see it. Always hopeful I'll be surprised.

*NOTE: I really loved Rogue Nation*

The problem I see being a Bond fan is the action sequences in the last few MI movies are FAR better than those in the last few Bonds...sad but true

The problem I see being a Bond fan is the action sequences in the last few MI movies are FAR better than those in the last few Bonds...sad but true

Did Bond have an action scene in the last movie? I don't recall one. Oh yeah, the sort-of car chase while he was on the phone with Moneypenny at her refrigerator.

Did Bond have an action scene in the last movie? I don't recall one. Oh yeah, the sort-of car chase while he was on the phone with Moneypenny at her refrigerator.

yep but i did like SPECTRE.....it has an odd vibe so different than the last few- yes I may be one of the very few who liked it:lol

Back