Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evolving has nothing to do with it. Kojima blatantly contrives to make BB have/say/do everything prior to Snake.

Evolving has nothing to do with it. Kojima blatantly contrives to make BB have/say/do everything prior to Snake.

These guys aren't real, for me personally, I don't care who wears what first or who was the first to utter the kept you waiting huh" line, most of that was put in for fan service and entertainment value anyway.

I'd like to believe it was purely fan service, but all it does is devalue Snake. Kojima isn't separating anything if he keeps putting Solid Snake themes in the Big Boss games. It comes across that Big Boss's character doesn't have a leg to stand on without Snake's persona holding him up.

I'd like to believe it was purely fan service, but all it does is devalue Snake. Kojima isn't separating anything if he keeps putting Solid Snake themes in the Big Boss games. It comes across that Big Boss's character doesn't have a leg to stand on without Snake's persona holding him up.

I see your point, but of all the games so far, I think MGSV from what I've seen so far seems to be doing the best at differentiating Big Boss and Solid Snake. Hopefully at the end if this game Big Boss goes so far off the deep end they're nothing alike.

I see your point, but of all the games so far, I think MGSV from what I've seen so far seems to be doing the best at differentiating Big Boss and Solid Snake. Hopefully at the end if this game Big Boss goes so far off the deep end they're nothing alike.

I'll agree with that, no more bandana and now doesn't even remotely resemble MGS3-MGSPW BB's face anymore. That's a start I guess.

Definitely pure fan service that suit, I'm not sure it even looks 100% like Solid's suit, you guys are giving it too much thought :lol

Kojima's to blame for that of course, making us question every word he says.

As far as likeness, BB still resembles PW BB for the most part, they kept most of the facial features intact, they just changed the mouth and the eyebrows to make him look more like the Kief, and it makes for a really interesting face, now the one that pains me is Ocelot, they totally screwed him over, you get a slight glimpse of old Ocelot every now and then but it's all lost for the most part, Lee Van Cleef's looks is 100x more interesting than Baker's.... That's not a comment of Baker's reputation though, I'm sure his performance will deliver as it always does.

I used to like the MGS 3 Sneaking Suit, but not anymore. Those are more of Solid Snake's aesthetics, while Big Boss is more suited for jungle and desert camo. The new Sneaking Suit in TPP just screams ridiculousness because closely it resembles Snake's outfit from MGS 1. But, I actually have a feeling that it's an optional suit (sort of like the Tuxedo), and not actually part of TPP's storyline.

I've mixed feelings. I hate how Kojima is ripping everything that made Solid Snake Solid Snake, but I also think that vest is awesome, like it was in MGS1.

Also, I don't care about whatever Quiet wears. She could go around the battlefield completely naked for all I care, and so long as she's a likeable character, and kicks major ass, I'll like her. She seems to kick quite some ass so far.

I've mixed feelings. I hate how Kojima is ripping everything that made Solid Snake Solid Snake, but I also think that vest is awesome, like it was in MGS1.

Also, I don't care about whatever Quiet wears. She could go around the battlefield completely naked for all I care, and so long as she's a likeable character, and kicks major ass, I'll like her. She seems to kick quite some ass so far.

I find it annoying how Kojima tries to separate Big Boss, but then he ends up taking a step back by adding more similarities to them.

About Quiet, I wonder how the heck she managed to jump out of a chopper in mid air and land on the ground without breaking anything. The odd thing is, just before she landed, she used her powers to disappear. Perhaps it's actually a teleportation power that she used to break the fall.

It could also be an odd Easter Egg for Jehuty's/Anubis' "Zero Shift" ability from ZOE :dunno.

When Quiet jumps off the chopper, she's falling very slowly, like a leaf, then she disappears, and she makes a sound when she lands when you can't see her, if it was teleportation she wouldn't have made a landing sound since nothing would've hit the floor, that indicates that it's not teleportation, it's just invisibility, cause even though you can't see her she's still there.

Besides, in the TGS trailer when she disappears once aboard the platform, you can see that some of Ocelot's soldiers use what I'm assuming are some thermal goggles to keep an eye on her, so, most definitely not teleportation.

Also, in the demo she's seen jumping super high and in fact, jumping onto the chopper when it's on mid-air, without disappearing.

It's pretty clear imo that it's just some kind of weird invisibility and super strong legs :lol

Still that doesn't explain the handcuffs number.

When Quiet jumps off the chopper, she's falling very slowly, like a leaf, then she disappears, and she makes a sound when she lands when you can't see her, if it was teleportation she wouldn't have made a landing sound since nothing would've hit the floor, that indicates that it's not teleportation, it's just invisibility, cause even though you can't see her she's still there.

Besides, in the TGS trailer when she disappears once aboard the platform, you can see that some of Ocelot's soldiers use what I'm assuming are some thermal goggles to keep an eye on her, so, most definitely not teleportation.

Also, in the demo she's seen jumping super high and in fact, jumping onto the chopper when it's on mid-air, without disappearing.

It's pretty clear imo that it's just some kind of weird invisibility and super strong legs :lol

Well, I'd assume that because it's a metallic flooring it should make some kind of hard thud, regardless. Maybe you're right. But, I've never seen any character in MGS (unaided by a power suit or nanomachines) to be able to withstand a fall like that. I'd figure that the potential energy from a jump like that in mid-air should shatter the human body...

Well, even if it's teleportation or invisibility, the most notable thing to me, is that she's not falling at normal speed, she's falling very slowly, that's why maybe she wasn't hurt by the fall.

I dunno, was she really falling slowly, or was that just slow motion "special effects" from the trailer?

One things for sure, I want to see her reappear just before her clothes come on.

like the subtitles said... :lol

I think her "falling like a leaf" may be a slow mo sequence? seems to be a thing these days to do normal speed > slow mo >fast paced back to normal speed type ****

like the subtitles said... :lol

I think her "falling like a leaf" may be a slow mo sequence? seems to be a thing these days to do normal speed > slow mo >fast paced back to normal speed type ****

Ah :slap dumb me :lol

Yeah so you see? The thermal goggles pretty much confirm it's not teleportation, otherwise, there would be nothing to see when she disappears and the goggles would be useless.

It's not slow mo because you can hear both the chopper's propeller and the alarm sound slow down the very instant she jumps off (and just for that moment), and immediately speed back up to normal speed right before the camera looks down to follow her during her fall and continue at normal speed.

She's falling like a leaf because she didn't fall in a straight line, you can see she's swinging in mid-air just before she disappears, and lands behind the soldiers, like if she can control her fall.

Ah :slap dumb me :lol

Yeah so you see? The thermal goggles pretty much confirm it's not teleportation, otherwise, there would be nothing to see when she disappears and the goggles would be useless.

It's not slow mo because you can hear both the chopper's propeller and the alarm sound slow down the very instant she jumps off (and just for that moment), and immediately speed back up to normal speed right before the camera looks down to follow her during her fall and continue at normal speed.

She's falling like a leaf because she didn't fall in a straight line, you can see she's swinging in mid-air just before she disappears, and lands behind the soldiers, like if she can control her fall.

It's most likely that she fell in a parabolic path. After all, that jump was fairly high, so you can account for things like wind resistance that would add a horizontal component of velocity to her downward trajectory.

I don't understand the deal behind her ability to turn invisible. But, I don't think she can be falling like a leaf, because that would entail that she's defying gravity. The only other character who could do things like that was Psycho Mantis, because of his telekinesis powers. And he has already been confirmed for TPP. So, would Kojima really want to add something like another telepath into the mix?

Last edited:
Back