Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except by the end it made Ocelot look like a pawn for the Patriots that got hijacked by Liquid and nothing more. MGS4 followed that up by showing that he pretty much conned everyone (as always), and something even Big Boss couldn't anticipate.

I kinda already stated he didn't have control at the end, but he was running the show FOR the Patriots regardless of being a pawn.

Going back to what was discussed before: to this day, I can never understand the purpose for Vamp in MGS 2, because his abilities seemed so out-of-place with the other members of Dead Cell. And Kojima threw in some odd backstory in a laughable attempt to give him relevance; in that, he wanted revenge because his gayboi lover (Scott Dolph) died? :dunno. It's not like their relationship was even elaborated upon (not that I'd ever want to hear homoerotic tales of any sort). At least Fortune had a purpose to the story because Dolph was her father and her mother committed suicide shortly after he was killed.

That was a weird way to segway his relevance to previous events. I was expecting a way better pay off on why he had those abilities. Pierced by a crucifix was a lazy explanation, and Nanomachines only heightened his abilities that were already there for healing.

Fortune was pretty cool.

I remember the feel I had when I saw the bullets get ricocheted away from her for the 1st time.

I was like WTF? How am I gonna beat this lady? :lol

I felt the same way too. Another fact never answered was how the Patriots gave her that ability in the first place. Did she have surgery to implant that device in her without her knowledge... and they turned it on/off whenever they wanted? I personally believe she never had powers at all and her stopping RAY's attack was another Patriot orchestrated event.

"Would it have been better if it was her mother?" :lol

Well, I'm not ripping on Vamp because of his sexuality :lol. But, you never got the sense that he and Dolph were close in any sort of way. It's like he was just.... there in MGS 2, for the sake of being there and nothing else. An odd Vampire guy who can run on water, run up walls, and breathe steam through his mouth.

Fortune was pretty cool.

I remember the feel I had when I saw the bullets get ricocheted away from her for the 1st time.

I was like WTF? How am I gonna beat this lady? :lol

Her theme song was also pretty cool :lol. I think Fortune is a very unappreciated character.

I kinda already stated he didn't have control at the end, but he was running the show FOR the Patriots regardless of being a pawn.

That was a weird way to segway his relevance to previous events. I was expecting a way better pay off on why he had those abilities. Pierced by a crucifix was a lazy explanation, and Nanomachines only heightened his abilities that were already there for healing.

I felt the same way too. Another fact never answered was how the Patriots gave her that ability in the first place. Did she have surgery to implant that device in her without her knowledge... and they turned it on/off whenever they wanted? I personally believe she never had powers at all and her stopping RAY's attack was another Patriot orchestrated event.

1372457348804.png

Well, I'm not ripping on Vamp because of his sexuality :lol. But, you never got the sense that he and Dolph were close in any sort of way. It's like he was just.... there in MGS 2, for the sake of being there and nothing else. An odd Vampire guy who can run on water, run up walls, and breathe steam through his mouth.

If I recall (and by no means am I condemning or justifying this), I think the main point of the relationship was to make Vamp like a seeming guardian for Fortune ("Queen") who had already lost her parents.

Aww c'mon buddy, all the Snakes have killed people brutally in-canon, it's just that it has to be said out loud this time. :lol
Killed enemies, sure, killed possible allies who just saved your life? With premeditation? Na-ah.

Miller seems to hate Quiet for some reason. Maybe she was an agent sent by Cipher :dunno.
Or Miller's hiding something, or simply cause she knows where Mother Base is.

Yup, I love seeing the sneaking suits evolve each game, especially the prequels. It makes sense why this suit resembles Solid Snake's.

It doesn't make sense. He wants to separate the characters... but he's only tightening the distance between them :dunno

Doesn't make sense he's wearing a high end arctic sneaking suit in the desert...

Im not talking practicality of it, It just appears similar, like the collar area and body design, I just see some elements that remind me of Snakes suit

Back