Media What's the best Metal Gear game? (May Contain Spoilers!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one is the best in your opinion?

• Metal Gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is a cultural thing. It is common for Japanese males to be known deviants/act pervy. From Groping onboard busy trains, to the creation and publication of VERY pervy manga, it seems accepted to be Creepy over in the far east. I saw some programme about a young welsh teen who found fame via youtube dancing to cute J-pop music. It had interviews with her and the parents, and most interestingly, it revealed that her biggest fanbase was males, over the age of 30... CREEEEEPY

Different cultures all around the world, people. I'd like to believe equality is flourishing here in the Western world, but you cannot say the same for the Middle east, now can you?

A good part of the reason MGS is so popular over here, is the way it incorporates both western and eastern characters/story telling. I just go with it and dont mind.

No, I'm defending a creator from meaningless, culturally-imperialistic criticism of some harmless juvenile humour. As you acknowledge yourself, these women don't exist - so what does it matter if Kojima injects his very Japanese sense of humour into proceedings?
Im a big fan of Japanese culture, ive been watching Japanese tv shows for about 15 years because im in to the cookyness. Some of the shows i watch are adult themed, violent and have nudity and love storylines. People blanket statement the Japanese as being perverted and in to tentacles and lolita girls. But they arent all like that. But Kojima is an example of the stereotype with all the material you can point to. Meryl was raped at the end of MGS1. Why? She didnt need to be. The Boss was a mother figure.. to her lover ( who happened to become her Sons best friend). Otacons mother figure... was his lover. It all just adds on, and on, and on over the games to the point you have to think to yourself " why is this important to their character? ".

Well to be fair, Meryl's rape was only implied. There's plenty of things I take issue with in the series since it just doesn't seem to have a purpose, other than just for the sake of it. Kojima is a brilliant director, it's just that I believe his flavorful writing has taken a nose dive. I think he's let too much of his own freakishness infest the series. Again, more things that don't serve a purpose. The cardboard box sex with Kaz for example.

Im a big fan of Japanese culture, ive been watching Japanese tv shows for about 15 years because im in to the cookyness. Some of the shows i watch are adult themed, violent and have nudity and love storylines. People blanket statement the Japanese as being perverted and in to tentacles and lolita girls. But they arent all like that. But Kojima is an example of the stereotype with all the material you can point to. Meryl was raped at the end of MGS1. Why? She didnt need to be. The Boss was a mother figure.. to her lover ( who happened to become her Sons best friend). Otacons mother figure... was his lover. It all just adds on, and on, and on over the games to the point you have to think to yourself " why is this important to their character? ".

OK, now you're just making things up. Nowhere is it stated or even implied Meryl was raped in MGS1. The Boss and Naked Snake were never lovers, Snake himself makes that very clear when pushed on the issue.

OK, now you're just making things up. Nowhere is it stated or even implied Meryl was raped in MGS1. The Boss and Naked Snake were never lovers, Snake himself makes that very clear when pushed on the issue.
After Solid Rescues Meryl from the bomb after doing battle with Liquid on top of Rex Maryl tells of how she was tortured " and things even worse than that " ( worded something like that ) which... what else can it be other than rape?

And Big Boss didnt deny when questioned if he and The Boss were lovers, he said " more than that ". Alot of people read that as " more " being it was more than just physical. He didnt say " it was nothing like that ". ( having said that, im going off of MGS3 not peace walker. idont know what was said in peace walker )

Last edited:
Well to be fair, Meryl's rape was only implied. There's plenty of things I take issue with in the series since it just doesn't seem to have a purpose, other than just for the sake of it. Kojima is a brilliant director, it's just that I believe his flavorful writing has taken a nose dive. I think he's let too much of his own freakishness infest the series. Again, more things that don't serve a purpose. The cardboard box sex with Kaz for example.

I could have done without this part too :lol

There's not much of that in MGSV though, 3, 4, and PW probably had the most of it, but that stuff never bothers me at all, most of the time I actually just laugh.

Is a cultural thing. It is common for Japanese males to be known deviants/act pervy. From Groping onboard busy trains, to the creation and publication of VERY pervy manga, it seems accepted to be Creepy over in the far east. I saw some programme about a young welsh teen who found fame via youtube dancing to cute J-pop music. It had interviews with her and the parents, and most interestingly, it revealed that her biggest fanbase was males, over the age of 30... CREEEEEPY

Different cultures all around the world, people. I'd like to believe equality is flourishing here in the Western world, but you cannot say the same for the Middle east, now can you?

A good part of the reason MGS is so popular over here, is the way it incorporates both western and eastern characters/story telling. I just go with it and dont mind.

This

Which is why I find it weird people seem to making such a huge issue of it now even though it's been a apart of the series since the beginning.

After Solid Rescues Meryl from the bomb after doing battle with Liquid on top of Rex Maryl tells of how she was tortured " and worse " ( worded something like that ) which... what else can it be other than rape?

And Big Boss didnt deny when questioned if he and The Boss were lovers, he said " more than that ". Alot of people read that as " more " being it was more than just physical. He didnt say " it was nothing like that ". ( having said that, im going off of MGS3 not peace walker. idont know what was said in peace walker )

Considering she's actually dead the whole time if you opt for the Otacon ending, I took it to be alluding to that. If you really have to construe it as rape, that's your prerogative but it's not where my mind first wandered to.

As for The Boss, really that is a matter of semantics. 'More than that' has a pretty strong implication of a relationship transcending the physical/sexual, especially seeing as Snake describes her as 'a mother, a teacher' and recoils at Eva's suggestion they were lovers. You seem to be determined to read the worst possible things into these games wherever possible.

I could have done with this part too :lol

There's not much of that in MGSV though, 3, 4, and PW probably had the most of it, but that stuff never bothers me at all, most of the time I actually just laugh.

This

Which is why I find it weird people seem to making such a huge issue of it now even though it's been a apart of the series since the beginning.

Why is everyone freaked out so much by a little man-on-man box action? :dunno

Considering she's actually dead the whole time if you opt for the Otacon ending, I took it to be alluding to that. If you really have to construe it as rape, that's your prerogative but it's not where my mind first wandered to.
How would Meryl be able to tell snake what happened to her if she was dead? Otacon ending is the bad one.Its none canon.

Im done with this. You are denying things ever happening in the franchise now to try and clear Kojima of being a pervert. Last page i think you accused me of not playing any of the games... Keep on fan'boying.

I could have done without this part too :lol

This

I understand it's supposed to be comic relief, but did Johnny need a poop scene in MGS4... or any poop related stuff at all after MGS1? It only played a part in getting out of the cell in MGS1... it didn't need to be the guy's whole persona.

For most of MGS4, he's walking around with **** caked in his cheeks...

As for The Boss, really that is a matter of semantics. 'More than that' has a pretty strong implication of a relationship transcending the physical/sexual, especially seeing as Snake describes her as 'a mother, a teacher' and recoils at Eva's suggestion they were lovers. You seem to be determined to read the worst possible things into these games wherever possible.

Why is everyone freaked out so much by a little man-on-man box action? :dunno

That part actually didn’t bother me at all, in fact its one of the funniest moments in the series in my opinion :lol

I understand it's supposed to be comic relief, but did Johnny need a poop scene in MGS4... or any poop related stuff at all after MGS1? It only played a part in getting out of the cell in MGS1... it didn't need to be the guy's whole persona.

It was definitely over done in mGS4 but I actually preferred Johnny like that then the suave badass soldier he turned into out of nowhere. Loved MGS4 though, that game was too epic for me to let a couple of poop jokes ruin everything :lol

You're forgetting how you can listen in on him in MGS2 when he's caught short trying to capture Emma Emmerich behind one of the struts with the directional microphone. Also his distant relative pops up in MGS3, confirming that stomach problems run in the family...

Bowel problems are just part of Johnny's character, for better or worse :lol

You're forgetting how you can listen in on him in MGS2 when he's caught short trying to capture Emma Emmerich behind one of the struts with the directional microphone. Also his distant relative pops up in MGS3, confirming that stomach problems run in the family...

Bowel problems are just part of Johnny's character, for better or worse :lol

Oh it's not that I forgot about it, it was just comic relief then. I can tolerate a distant character that's not crucial to the story doing that... but in MGS4, he got a lot of spotlight and I thought it was embarrassing to see it since he became critical to the story.

Oh it's not that I forgot about it, it was just comic relief then. I can tolerate a distant character that's not crucial to the story doing that... but in MGS4, he got a lot of spotlight and I thought it was embarrassing to see it since he became critical to the story.

On the other hand, how many games have you ever seen with a protagonist suffering from irritable bowel syndrome? The man's a role model :lol

I used to absolutely hate MGS4, but as time's gone on I've come to realise it's actually a pretty fantastic game, it really shines at times like the return to Shadow Moses. That said, I could honestly have done without Meryl and Johnny entirely. The dynamic between Solid Snake, Otacon and Naomi was more interesting.

On the other hand, how many games have you ever seen with a protagonist suffering from irritable bowel syndrome? The man's a role model :lol

I used to absolutely hate MGS4, but as time's gone on I've come to realise it's actually a pretty fantastic game, it really shines at times like the return to Shadow Moses. That said, I could honestly have done without Meryl and Johnny entirely. The dynamic between Solid Snake, Otacon and Naomi was more interesting.

MGS4 does as much right as it does wrong. I was the same way, and I hated it for years.

For instance, why did Otacon need to bang Naomi? It came across as forced, and felt like a vicarious way for Kojima to bang her since obviously Otacon was based on Kojima to a degree.

I think everyone in the entire fanbase can agree with the Meryl and Johnny romance. The wedding scene might be the most cringe worthy moment in the series.

Personally, I could of done without Big Boss's return.

You know I kinda didn't mind Johnny and Meryl at first but it just got weird....especially with Otacon and Naomi

On the other hand, because Otacon has the worst way with women, I blame him for Naomi dying because Otacon +a woman = nono.

That was such a needless subplot. Snake got so ****ed over in every conceivable way in MGS4. He's old, he knows he's dying soon, he's a puppet to the Patriots again, and he gets no poon.

But, out of every other character in the series... he won. He's the last man standing and beat the Patriots. I don't really factor Raiden into that since he's not a Snake per se, and it was never really his fight.

I think Raiden won moreso than Solid did. Atleast from a happy ending standpoint ( by won, i dont mean he was more instrumental in the patriots takedown, but his victory didnt seem as hollow ).

Eventhough it felt like it was up to Solid and Otacon to right the wrongs of their predecessors and whatnot it also felt like it was their place to do it. To me it felt more like Karma. They were going through the motions. But in Raidens case, he was dragged in to it by Solidus, his life was a lie until post MGS2 until that point he went off the rails, he lost Rose, his baby and then literally his body. Raiden felt like an innocent bystander who had it all taken away from him. So by the end of the game when he realises he is a dad, he has a family, it was all a charade to protect them... its like a big " yay!! clapclapclap " happy ending for him. Raiden had just asmuch in the race taking down the Patriots as anybody else. It was kind of personal between Raiden and the Patriots, with Snake and Otacon it was more business.

Last edited:
That was such a needless subplot. Snake got so ****ed over in every conceivable way in MGS4. He's old, he knows he's dying soon, he's a puppet to the Patriots again, and he gets no poon.

But, out of every other character in the series... he won. He's the last man standing and beat the Patriots. I don't really factor Raiden into that since he's not a Snake per se, and it was never really his fight.
And he does get to live his life in peace, but really, poor guy. I really wish we can sorta retcon that 'old' thing to get another game with him...

Raiden at least really did get a happy ending, what he deserved all along. I have no qualms about his ending besides some of the weirdness around it.

Old Snake on his final mission was perfect for the last game of his story, how many games do we get to play as an old badass soldier on his last mission? It fit with the nostalgic vibe the game had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evemthough Assassins Creed Revelations was the weakest of the Ezio trilogy. I preferred Old Ezio. Embers felt kind of rushed, but its an integral 4th and final part to his story.

Back