Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bane that is such an awesome concept, web-slinging around Phantom Pain's map as Venom Snake :lol And who knows? Kojima would put such a thing in the game!

Doubters beware. We have excessive violence.

g4yhqtblcw3gs80spja3.gif

g277ad1ec.gif

I know it's horrible as a fan, but whenever I describe Metal Gear to people I refer to Solid Snake as "David with his code name being Snake", "Liquid as "Snake's brother", and Big Boss as " Jack, the original Snake, who turns evil and basically becomes the big boss of it all." I know if someone tried to convince me of a fantastic story and started throwing out names like "Solid Snake", "Liquid Snake", "Solidus Snake", "Revolver Ocelot", and "Big Boss", my mind wouldn't be the most opened! But I have absolutely no problem with Batman!

I know it's horrible as a fan, but whenever I describe Metal Gear to people I refer to Solid Snake as "David with his code name being Snake", "Liquid as "Snake's brother", and Big Boss as " Jack, the original Snake, who turns evil and basically becomes the big boss of it all." I know if someone tried to convince me of a fantastic story and started throwing out names like "Solid Snake", "Liquid Snake", "Solidus Snake", "Revolver Ocelot", and "Big Boss", my mind wouldn't be the most opened! But I have absolutely no problem with Batman!

Don't forget Psycho Mantis and Vamp. Yeah when you think about it like that this is a very weird series. Yet like you said, I have no problem with Batman.

This series has always been weird, how did you guys only realize now? It's Japan :lol

And no one has a problem with Batman because

This series has always been weird, how did you guys only realize now? It's Japan :lol

And no one has a problem with Batman because

HAHA but when you break it down, Batman is a rich guy with grief issues who beats up a clown, a burn victim, a midget with an umbrella fetish, and a steroid addict. It's about as weird as the Big Boss/Solid Snake storyline.

Well actually, the steroid addict came after Batman. Midget with the umbrella has a beef against his family. Clown, who the **** knows at this point? Burn victim was partly his fault

If that wasn’t REX in the trailer, and it can’t be Zeke, is it possible that it’s the TX-55 from MG? It does almost look identical to REX though just smaller.

Yeah, that's a good bash. But, it makes me more convinced that we might not see a Hot Toys release of a TPP Big Boss figure. The clothes can be easily found on Ebay, and Hot Toys likes challenges. I think it's more likely that they'd opt for a Sneaking Suit figure from GZ, instead.

I noticed a few things in the trailer that I forgot to mention the other day, (dunno if someone else noticed)

Eli's vest says '' Never be Game Over'' also there is a pig with an eyepatch, Pig Boss now that's a codename I like :lol

Also, bellow Pig Boss the japanese characters translate to ''Liquid Human'' or something like that

10403190_571330166316801_2394421187973875137_n.png.jpg

LIQUID!

Yeah, I noticed that on Eli's' vest, too. I think it's a tip-of-the-hat, to the Liquid Ocelot Boss fight in MGS 4; where if Ocelot managed to beat you, the continue screen wouldn't allow you "exit" to the main title menu. "It's not over yet!" :rotfl

Just saw the new trailer was that Metal gear Rex at the end of the trailer?

Don't think so, it could be a new Metal Gear we never knew about, or possibly the TX-55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the new trailer was that Metal gear Rex at the end of the trailer?

I don't think it's REX. It's just a mech that happens to look exactly like REX. In the same way that Big Boss looks exactly like Snake, and Huey looks exactly like Otacon. REX needs his own character clone, too :lol.

And it doesn't look anything like the TX-55

Metal_Gear_D_specs.png

Wasn't the TX55 created around 1995? So we still have a while to see that built, around 10 years, seems it took them 9 years to make whatever that thing is, so another 10 years to make TX55 sounds about right.

Wasn't the TX55 created around 1995? So we still have a while to see that built, around 10 years, seems it took them 9 years to make whatever that thing is, so another 10 years to make TX55 sounds about right.

That's true. And since we're already in the time of retcons, I just wonder how many more changes will occur in REX's origin story - since there's clearly a REX-looking mech in the trailer. It could also be a highly modified ZEKE.

I figured it was the TX55 in like a proto stage that we would be putting together through out the game, like Zeke in PW, but yea the years don't match.

I guess it's a new Metal Gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true. And since we're already in the time of retcons, I just wonder how many more changes will occur in REX's origin story - since there's clearly a REX-looking mech in the trailer. It could also be a highly modified ZEKE.

Yeah that's what I think, it looks a lot like the Zeke and Rex, like half and half, it looks far too slim to be the REX and far too stable to be Zeke.

Back