Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We definitely need some presence of Zero in this game. The one thing that I really failed to consider, is that the stories that we heard about Big Boss from MGS 4, were told from the perspectives of people who were already on his side (Eva and Ocelot). So, it's very likely that they were conveying half-truths to Snake - especially considering that Eva was in a freakin' church that worshiped Big Boss as a god :lol. It would be great to see things from Zero's perspective to clarify this.

The explanation of The Patriots in MGS 2 gave me the creeps. It literally made me afraid, and question things about the government; as if there was this unseen boogy man that knew everything I was doing. This sense of intrigue was greatly lacking in MGS 4, and I'd like to see some form of it returned to MGS V.

I think you bring up a good point, about Big Boss and Skull Face becoming allies out of convenience. Miler would have hated that, since SF served as the instrument that took everything away from him; his life achievement - Mother Base, his allies, and even possibly his limbs.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost: :clap

I still don't buy Zero being a badguy - at all. MGSV better make some serious moves to bring the Patriots back to their former glory. MGS2 gets a very serious lack of appreciation nowadays, especially considering its when the story was still at its prime.

I still don't buy Zero being a badguy - at all. MGSV better make some serious moves to bring the Patriots back to their former glory. MGS2 gets a very serious lack of appreciation nowadays, especially considering its when the story was still at its prime.

I thought the introduction to the Patriots in MGS2 was perfect, it couldn't have been done better. It set the bar really high and MGS4's explanation of them fell extremely short and didn't meet most people's expectations.

Venom Snake sounds pretty bad, Punished Snake is a much better code name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better that way I guess. It's the last MGS game that tries to be remotely intellectual and meaningful. As much as I hated playing the game initially, I somehow instinctively knew there was some kind of mind blowing payoff at the end.

I spoke to a casual acquaintance recently after finding out he likes MGS. He asked me what is my favorite MGS and he impertinently replied "WTF is your problem man?" as if I punched his sister. :rotfl

That's the weird thing cause every MetalGear fan I've met in real life say MGS or 2 were their favourite. Then saying it changed too much from MGS3 onwards. Even when the game released I heard nothing negative other than the raiden thing.
Which is why I find it soo surprising that online there is all this hate for it.

On Venom Snake, that name makes the most sense out of any of the Snake names. Miles ahead of naked snake. But stop calling him Snake: he's big boss dammit!

Big Boss gonna Solid Snake :dunno

If he isn't referred to as Big Boss by the end of this game then i doubt we will ever hear of Big Boss again

We know thats going to happen, I just hope back members of Diamond Dogs will be referring to him as Big Boss, only a few characters should be calling him Snake.

Big Boss gonna Solid Snake :dunno

If he isn't referred to as Big Boss by the end of this game then i doubt we will ever hear of Big Boss again

I wouldn't past Kojima to end up calling him that at this point... how many ****ing codenames does this guy need?

I do like that Kaz for most of the time simply calls him Boss at least.

Researching the trailer and I think it's one of the worst of e3, this is the first time an MGS trailer wasn't at the top. Batman, uncharted, the order, assassin creed unity, the order all completely blew me away! Apart of it may be that MGSV looks last gen in comparison.

Researching the trailer and I think it's one of the worst of e3, this is the first time an MGS trailer wasn't at the top. Batman, uncharted, the order, assassin creed unity, the order all completely blew me away! Apart of it may be that MGSV looks last gen in comparison.

The Arkham Trailer blew my mind. Just seeing how seamless everything was made Gz's gameplay look like a newborn horse on roller skates.

I was let down by The Order, but AC Unity blew me away, I thought it was the best of the show. Uncharted and Batman looked really great also. MGSV still topped both of them in my opinion.

My only problem with the AC Unity trailer is that the combat still looks terrible. Like they redeveloped the parkour movements, but did nothing for the stiff just wait to counter combat.

For PP I am waiting till we start hearing about the closed session. The trailer set an ok tone, but all it did was make me want to see more.

I actually loved The Order. More so than anything else.

I think it’s going to be a great game, but they still haven’t shown whats makes it unique other than the graphics. For now, the gameplay just looks like most standard 3rd person shooters.

My only problem with the AC Unity trailer is that the combat still looks terrible. Like they redeveloped the parkour movements, but did nothing for the stiff just wait to counter combat.

For PP I am waiting till we start hearing about the closed session. The trailer set an ok tone, but all it did was make me want to see more.

I couldn’t tell, the combat is pretty much the same from AC3 and 4? The combat really felt watered down compared to the first 3 games they released.

I think it’s going to be a great game, but they still haven’t shown whats makes it unique other than the graphics. For now, the gameplay just looks like most standard 3rd person shooters.

I couldn’t tell, the combat is pretty much the same from AC3 and 4? The combat really felt watered down compared to the first 3 games they released.

Yeah, it looked untouched from the previous games. It only stood out to me because of how awesome the climbing and jumping looked.

Ah yea that sucks, the combat is still okay though, playing with friends is going to be a lot of fun. Funny, yesterday I thought I would never buy another AC game, a day later I can’t wait to get my hands on the new one.

Is it supposed to release this year?

Last edited:
We definitely need some presence of Zero in this game. The one thing that I really failed to consider, is that the stories that we heard about Big Boss from MGS 4, were told from the perspectives of people who were already on his side (Eva and Ocelot). So, it's very likely that they were conveying half-truths to Snake - especially considering that Eva was in a freakin' church that worshiped Big Boss as a god :lol. It would be great to see things from Zero's perspective to clarify this.

The explanation of The Patriots in MGS 2 gave me the creeps. It literally made me afraid, and question things about the government; as if there was this unseen boogy man that knew everything I was doing. This sense of intrigue was greatly lacking in MGS 4, and I'd like to see some form of it returned to MGS V.

I think you bring up a good point, about Big Boss and Skull Face becoming allies out of convenience. Miler would have hated that, since SF served as the instrument that took everything away from him; his life achievement - Mother Base, his allies, and even possibly his limbs.
I never really noticed or thought about that with Eva and Zero, honestly. The church part...kinda :lol I can totally get what you mean about The Patriots though, it mind ****ed me too when I first watched the game long ago (no PS2 at the time :( ) and then again when I got around to actually playing the game.

If Skull Face is Zero, that would be great or perhaps if he is a second antagonist, sort of like The Boss and Volgin in MGS 3.

Also Venom Snake...is this real? :horror

I completely agree with this. There was a big disconnect from MGS2 to MGS4.

I was not a fan of "Punished Snake" being an actually name and now "Venom Snake" is even more stupid. One of the reasons why that speech was cool at the end of Peace Walker was that he finally accepted the Big Boss title. Unless there's a cheat code that we can get the Venom symbiote and web-sling across the massive Phantom Pain map. That would be pretty sweet.

Back