Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about Paz's torture/death being an elaborate ruse, but I'm slowly getting vibes that Big Boss's potential alliance with Skull Face could very well serve as a part of his "path to villainy", to put it bluntly. I can easily see that sort of thing rubbing Miller the wrong way (at least going by the original Metal Gear lore where he eventually hates BB). Doesn't help that Big Boss seems more focused on just going after Zero. That isn't to say that Skull Face doesn't have an agenda of his own, since I'm doubtful that the two would suddenly become buddies and stay that way throughout the story. It's also highly possible for Skull Face to justify his actions "because Zero made me do it" as a means of getting BB on his side (which would work well with the whole BB turning-into-a-villain angle).

That said, I think what this game desperately needs is more presence from Zero himself (not in the trailer, god no, at least in the game I mean). Ever since MGS4, Zero and the idea of The Patriots seemed almost non-existent and borderline non-threatening; which didn't help at all since part of the whole "Liquid Ocelot" ruse relied on how threatening they were supposed to come across, enough for Ocelot to devise such a plan in the first place . PW didn't help, what with Paz being a proxy agent for Cipher who's supposedly been deprived of a childhood because of Zero's training. We hear all these stories about how Zero became this horrible person that practically became tyrant despite worshiping BB yet that's all that we keep getting: stories.

MGS2 was the last time I felt any sense of dread towards The Patriots, and I hope to see that feeling return. We need a little more show-don't-tell this time around else BB's conflict with Zero will fall flat. Unless the point of all this is to show how much more dangerous and impulsive BB truly is in comparison, then I wouldn't mind seeing how they'd handle that as well.

We definitely need some presence of Zero in this game. The one thing that I really failed to consider, is that the stories that we heard about Big Boss from MGS 4, were told from the perspectives of people who were already on his side (Eva and Ocelot). So, it's very likely that they were conveying half-truths to Snake - especially considering that Eva was in a freakin' church that worshiped Big Boss as a god :lol. It would be great to see things from Zero's perspective to clarify this.

The explanation of The Patriots in MGS 2 gave me the creeps. It literally made me afraid, and question things about the government; as if there was this unseen boogy man that knew everything I was doing. This sense of intrigue was greatly lacking in MGS 4, and I'd like to see some form of it returned to MGS V.

I think you bring up a good point, about Big Boss and Skull Face becoming allies out of convenience. Miler would have hated that, since SF served as the instrument that took everything away from him; his life achievement - Mother Base, his allies, and even possibly his limbs.

Haven' read the last few pages, but here to add that now Kojima & Konami are calling BB "Venom Snake" ... coz people aren't confused enough with his name
Screenshot2014-06-10at125212PM.png

Can't fine a pic of Rex from MGS1 ? just use the one from mgs4 then ...
Screenshot2014-06-10at125243PM.png

source: www.konami.jp/mgs5

"Venom Snake", huh? :slap. As if Punished Snake wasn't ridiculous already. And now I need to change my signature for that other retarded name.

Hey, what do you know! :horror It's the first time that they've ever done something like this, since MGS 2. They've been reading your posts, Ryan.

"Venom Snake", huh? :slap. As if Punished Snake wasn't ridiculous already. And now I need to change my signature for that other retarded name.

I'm more inclined to believe that might not be Snake at all. The amount of lens flares used in GZ had to set a world record, as if it just might be not as literal as we think. Seems like the lens flare is back for TPP.

Hey, what do you know! :horror It's the first time that they've ever done something like this, since MGS 2. They've been reading your posts, Ryan.

:lol

No, seriously this is indeed the first time since MGS2. All other iterations of the MGS2 Snake had BB's head or a total makeover. :slap

It just sounds really, really, lazy. It's along the lines of "Jumping Frog", "Barking Dog", "Walking Human", "Flying Bird" - or whatever obvious, descriptive metaphors there are about animals. Good god...

Punished Snake at least conveys meaning that Big Boss is going to face hell. But, Venom Snake. Yeah... lots of snakes are venomous, alright. It just doesn't have a nice right to it.

Venom Snake? Mmmmmmeh! Sound like a remarkably dull and unimaginative name, much prefer Punished Snake.

Forget rapper's tooth, that's much cooler :rock

But.... Then I wouldn't be in hip-hip videos... decisions....

I'd call it the Zizou cannon and put you - erm, it, into a giant mech and cut things.

Yup, it's just super boring.

So he goes from Naked Snake, to Punished Snake and finally to Venom Snake... did he get an STD or something?

:mwaha

It's like he's going through stages of some viral strain. Now, it has degenerated into full blown Venom Snake. It sounds incurable :rotfl.

Punished Snake.. Venom Snake.. sounds like what you'd see in an.. well..

So what's the safety word? :monkey3

Venom Snake... really Kojima? :rotfl

PXxkA6l.gif

Just when I was becoming accepting of Punished Snake, he whips out this corny ass name. Why is it taking so many sequels for him to take Big Boss as his name already? How many more times does he need to siphon off on Solid Snake's name already?

Back