Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Is there any brief synopsis of the entire Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid series? I need to know what happened outside of MGS3 and MGS4 lol. I never played peace walker, portable ops, etc!

Oh, and I'm lazy... I'm talking 1000 characters or less ahahaa

You're not missing anything at all if you've never played either Portable Ops or Peace Walker. As much as Kojima says otherwise, Peace Walker felt much like a spin-off of the main series, rather than an actual relevant chapter.

You're not missing anything at all if you've never played either Portable Ops or Peace Walker. As much as Kojima says otherwise, Peace Walker felt much like a spin-off of the main series, rather than an actual relevant chapter.

:goodpost::exactly:

You can basically remove it from the series completely and it doesn't change anything. MPO did have a valid story and did move the story somewhat forward.

The first appearance of Frank Yeager.

Big Boss earning the funds to develop what would later become Outer Heaven.

Ocelot killing the DCI and steals the remainder of the Legacy... which I don't understand why only half was recovered from Operation Snake Eater... :dunno

Subscribed to thread :clap :yess: Can't wait for this game!!!

Also, every Big Boss game outside of Snake Eater has had AWFUL VILLIANS!!

Gene's backstory was awful.

Cunningham ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Viper was cool pun intended, but the whole story around him was pretty ridiculous. He got injured in battle and for some reason his body temparture reaches crazy degrees and he needs to wear some suit to keep him cool :slap

Pacifica Ocean has got to be the dumbest gimmick in the series.

Seeing Roy Campbell and Miller were the only things worth seeing in both those games. But for some reason Campbell isn't in Peace Walker.

Ocelot is only seen in Ashley Wood cutscenes...

Hot Coldman? Really?

The names are hilarious, aren't they? I think that Viper was just a rip off of Mr. Freeze.

Is there any brief synopsis of the entire Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid series? I need to know what happened outside of MGS3 and MGS4 lol. I never played peace walker, portable ops, etc!

Oh, and I'm lazy... I'm talking 1000 characters or less ahahaa

Gametrailers Metal Gear retropective

they're 20 minutes a piece so play them in the background while doing something else.
Can't judge the game without playing it first.

Thanks bud.

Has the video leaked at all yet? Is 2015 just speculation? Was hopeful for 2014.

We should be seeing something from this later this weekend, as Kojima is headed to the States to attend Penny Arcade Expo. He might already be there as I type this.

He hinted on twitter that he was bringing Fox along with him. Take that for what you will.

F8W5X.png

Kojima has landed in Seattle. It begins!

Also, some materials I forgot to post earlier today. Kojima posted this on Twitter:

Is that Old Snake?
WqHWi.jpg

Shinkawa art for MGS25th
sjgrh.jpg

if this game looks like this maybe itll be on ps4!?!?! supposedly ps4 is slated for next winter. just a guess. this is the first were seeing this so itll probably be at least a year before it comes out. i didnt happen to see a release projection. correct me if im wrong i dunno.:huh

Would be nice if they rebooted this they really screwed up after the 1st one ....dont get me wrong the games were great but the story could have been better more simple like mgs .

Could very well be Raiden.I doubt Hideo will continue with Old Snake.

Could very well be Raiden.I doubt Hideo will continue with Old Snake.

He said he wasn't continuing past MGS2 almost 10 years ago.

I see it being Snake, you can see his ear in the photo and Raiden's hair always covered his ears and the hair doesn't look like Raiden's. Also, it says Snake on the photo...

Back