Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's been tossed around here before, but it's evident that a lot of changes to the gameplay and story came too little to late for being the last game in the series. There was no need to make it open world with drive-able vehicles, iDroid and all those nonsense. There was no need to have 90:10 gameplay/cutscene ratio either. Stick to the hospital scene styled gameplay, mixed with some resemblance of an open world and you'll get a more fulfilling game. Admittedly, MGS4 was pretty much a great modernization of the series, as much as I don't like the game today. :lol

MGS4 was great in regards to gameplay. The linear sandboxes were made more intricate than MGS3 and the mechanic of moving around, CQC, combat was made much more fluid. And let's not forget that MGS4 is the best looking game of the series.

Can you guys imagine if this game gets some sort of cult following or hidden appreciation? :lol or maybe somehow years later people realize this is truly an abominable game that had only the hype and drama surrounding it, nothing.

It already has it's following. Most are so blinded by fanboyism, or they still believe all those bogus scores. Games that obviously don't deserve 10/10s need to stop being rated as such.

Ain't worth digging up.

The AI at first glance I had thought it was difficult, but no. One you get accustomed to it, they're dumber than pre PS2 AI. MGS2 soldiers while primitive, but felt way more tougher and alert. I remember playing on Extreme, they would power walk to anything they spotted to check it out.

While the wet brained idiots in Phantom Peen will stare at you a good 15 seconds and if you don't move, they resume their patrol route. It almost feels like AI from the PSP games.

Maybe it's due to the closed in spaces working so much better, or just not making the AI tough enough for a sandbox given they had no grasp on how anything else works in a sandbox either :lol

Ain't worth digging up.

The AI at first glance I had thought it was difficult, but no. One you get accustomed to it, they're dumber than pre PS2 AI. MGS2 soldiers while primitive, but felt way more tougher and alert. I remember playing on Extreme, they would power walk to anything they spotted to check it out.

While the wet brained idiots in Phantom Peen will stare at you a good 15 seconds and if you don't move, they resume their patrol route. It almost feels like AI from the PSP games.

Maybe it's due to the closed in spaces working so much better, or just not making the AI tough enough for a sandbox given they had no grasp on how anything else works in a sandbox either :lol

The open areas didn't work in the AI's favor. You end up safely running away and the enemy will say "F$#^ it!" and resort to those lame ass mortar strikes.

Anyone else watching Stranger Things on Netflix and noticing a lot of Kojima parallels? Like The New Order playing in one of the episode s and a couple other little things.

Back