Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Interested, but that suit AGAIN! And Big Boss AGAIN! :lol No really though, that suit, why is it back? Why?

On another note, does anyone else believe that this game is going to be a next-gen release, instead of the current-gen? Perhaps KojiPro has been using PCs as the benchmark for testing out the FOX engine, because it's too advanced (or too resource-heavy) for the current-gen consoles to handle.

I do think it's more of a PS4 quality if it looks anything close to that render. The FOX demos that were shown are beautiful (the kid running around in the jungle)

Interested, but that suit AGAIN! And Big Boss AGAIN! :lol No really though, that suit, why is it back? Why?

The suit is just OK, it's a lot better than the Portable Ops suit.

Metal_Gear_Solid_Portable_Ops_cover.jpg

Yeah the whole liquid ocelot doesn't make sence. I mean if he wasn't really liquid, he sure did a good impression of him in mgs2 lol.

Whaaa?! Big Boss is boring compared to Solid Snake !?!

SS is the cliche good guy. He is portrayed as a naive puppet throughout all his games. Blindly following orders and getting into situations that every other cliche action hero or military style protagonist goes through. Every other character besides Solid has more than 1 dimension.

I know that could describe early Big Boss but we know he breaks loose from that. Solid did not.

+ we know how Big Boss ends up. And its not just accelerated " im too old for this crap " Solid Snake.

Peace walker was a dull and slow game. But i dont put that as a fault of the main character but the game itself given what system it was created for.

So, Che Guevara inspired revolutionists from the Cold War are not cliched?

I liked the naked snake character. I also liked the period camo in MGS3. Not a huge fan of sneaking suit; even if it is better for sneaking the colors and textures just looked to futuristic for the time period the post WWII games were set in

Yeah the whole liquid ocelot doesn't make sence. I mean if he wasn't really liquid, he sure did a good impression of him in mgs2 lol.

Well if you read in the Metal Gear Database download, he had problems with his psyche due to the arm and had it removed. So in MGS2, that is indeed Liquid Snake possessing him due to Ocelot's latent psychic abilities which he inherited through the Sorrow. And every time Snake is near Ocelot, Liquid's soul would overtake Ocelot.

Man....this sucks. I know everyone (including me) appreciates David Hayter, but I really want to se Cam Clarke return as Liquid Snake. Can't wait to hear "Hello Brothaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Again.........if ever.:monkey2

Playing as an evil Snake for once would be great.

So this is the third missing link with Big Boss... yeah because the other two worked so well...

i've nooooooo idea about che outside of the picture

LOL! I used to be same before I played Peace Walker. :lol

Well, Kojima modeled Big Boss after Guevara - both in appearance and in ideology. In that sense, Big Boss is highly cliched himself. An armed revolutionist threatens U.S. interests overseas; the CIA the plans to murder him in a highly intrinsic plot.

Really happy to see this announcement.So this is not MGS5 right?

I think Big Boss have a more interesting story than Solid Snake,so i don't mind more Big Boss games.I would absolutely love a Metal Gear remake playing as Solid Snake though.

So this is the third missing link with Big Boss... yeah because the other two worked so well...

Or maybe it's because the other two didn't work out so well :lol. Portable Ops was advertised as "the missing link in the MGS saga!". Peace Walker was also labeled as such. I also want a new game on Solid Snake man. In my perspective, Big Boss will always be a murderous villain who was once "good". Enough with his back story, that already spans 3 games (not including the new MGS) :monkey2.

Or maybe it's because the other two didn't work out so well :lol. Portable Ops was advertised as "the missing link in the MGS saga!". Peace Walker was also labeled as such. I also want a new game on Solid Snake man. In my perspective, Big Boss will always be a murderous villain who was once "good". Enough with his back story, that already spans 3 games (not including the new MGS) :monkey2.

And his appearance in MGS4 completely destroyed the finale to the series.

Kojima has completely lost his way with the story.

From what i have read, i dont understand why they (the media) used the word "Snake" as at the end of PW Big Boss toss the bandana and said from now on call him "Big Boss". (I just think that when people say "Snake" they are referring to "Solid Snake" not "Naked Snake" aka Big Boss)

I don't mind playing as Big Boss again. Yes, PO & PW could have done better with the story (and other things) - but @ least they convey how and why BB started his mercanary co. (IMO, i like PO > PW. May be from the recruiting varieties of soldier :)) I do want to see more of Solid Snake, but the only place i think a cannon could be based on him is before MGS1 time.

According to the timeline, when was Snake born? Is it possible to see him in his late teens in this (GZ) (thinking no more than 10 years after PW incident)

From what i have read, i dont understand why they (the media) used the word "Snake" as at the end of PW Big Boss toss the bandana and said from now on call him "Big Boss". (I just think that when people say "Snake" they are referring to "Solid Snake" not "Naked Snake" aka Big Boss)

I don't mind playing as Big Boss again. Yes, PO & PW could have done better with the story (and other things) - but @ least they convey how and why BB started his mercanary co. (IMO, i like PO > PW. May be from the recruiting varieties of soldier :)) I do want to see more of Solid Snake, but the only place i think a cannon could be based on him is before MGS1 time.

According to the timeline, when was Snake born? Is it possible to see him in his late teens in this (GZ) (thinking no more than 10 years after PW incident)

Solid and Liquid were born in 1972. There is no date on Solidus since he was not born of Eva's womb or that we know of.

MSX remakes are the only way to go with Solid Snake. Or, a interquel between MGS1 and 2.

And his appearance in MGS4 completely destroyed the finale to the series.

Kojima has completely lost his way with the story.

I think it's been obvious post-MGS 4, that Kojima has lost his passion for this series. As long as the fanbase keep mindlessly demanding new MGS games, Kojima will produce them to rake in the huge sums of money, if nothing else. I bet that within several years, this series isn't even going to bare any semblance to what we're so familiar with. Any new Big Boss game (with a timeline near to the events of the original "Metal Gear") is just going to open a can of worms, with retcons that are sure to follow in an updated remake of "Metal Gear Solid" - in which, there will be copious amounts of discourse of: the Philosophers, the Patriots, nano-machines, Peace Walker A.I. mechs, random flashbacks of Huey, blah, blah, blah...

Is there any brief synopsis of the entire Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid series? I need to know what happened outside of MGS3 and MGS4 lol. I never played peace walker, portable ops, etc!

Oh, and I'm lazy... I'm talking 1000 characters or less ahahaa

Is there any brief synopsis of the entire Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid series? I need to know what happened outside of MGS3 and MGS4 lol. I never played peace walker, portable ops, etc!

Oh, and I'm lazy... I'm talking 1000 characters or less ahahaa

Big Boss has Mommy issues. That sums up both games. But seriously. Portable Ops and Peace Walker are essentially the game type of game. Both involve Big Boss after he left the US and roamed around South America building what would become Outer Heaven. Some of fight between he and Zero is touched on in Peace Walker but Zero is never shown. Both games are the weakest stories in the series.

Last edited:
Back