Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Im not counting out Old Snake,but i really hope it isn't him.If Hideo wants to do a Solid Snake game i was hoping for a younger Snake.The Patriots are gone,no war left for him to fight,MGS4 ended perfectly.

All we can see from that photo is "Snake" which to me means nothing until i see the whole Sentence in that photo.

Im not counting out Old Snake,but i really hope it isn't him.If Hideo wants to do a Solid Snake game i was hoping for a younger Snake.The Patriots are gone,no war left for him to fight,MGS4 ended perfectly.

All we can see from that photo is "Snake" which to me means nothing until i see the whole Sentence in that photo.

It will probably end up saying "Snake is too old for this ****."

2dke9om.jpg

lot of whining on this thread its metal gear solid it is and will remain one of the greatest franchises in gaming history be happy we are getting another one that doesnt have friggen raiden in it
plus big boss owns, he did it all without all the techno mumbo jumbo

lot of whining on this thread its metal gear solid it is and will remain one of the greatest franchises in gaming history be happy we are getting another one that doesnt have friggen raiden in it
plus big boss owns, he did it all without all the techno mumbo jumbo

Raiden only had one game and one coming out. Big Boss is getting his fourth game. Snake has only had two with three dimensional graphics.

People have room to complain, so STFU.

Raiden only had one game and one coming out. Big Boss is getting his fourth game. Snake has only had two with three dimensional graphics.

People have room to complain, so STFU.

chill out buddy point of the boards is to give our opinions not to tell ppl to shut up when you dont like what you read which by the looks of it is all u have been doing

chill out buddy point of the boards is to give our opinions not to tell ppl to shut up when you dont like what you read which by the looks of it is all u have been doing

You just proved my point, it's a forum. People have room to complain about how ****ty the series has become.

ok man i dont wanna start an argument you have your opinion i have mine lets leave it at that
I STILL LOVE YOU...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

It's cool dude lol.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA[/ame]

That poster proli says something like "Snake is retired" cause it looks like the edge of Raidens hair and gear.

Forgetting the dissapointment that its BigBoss intead of SolidSnake the game sounds awesome. MetalGears been needing a little shake up in its mechanics, can't wait to see how it comes along!

That poster proli says something like "Snake is retired" cause it looks like the edge of Raidens hair and gear.

Forgetting the dissapointment that its BigBoss intead of SolidSnake the game sounds awesome. MetalGears been needing a little shake up in its mechanics, can't wait to see how it comes along!

I love the Mechanics of these prequels even though the plots have been so bland and uninteresting.

Maybe this one will actually have a good story and show Zero as the tyrant he's supposed to be. Open sandbox MGS just reminds me so much of mercenaries.

I hope we can call in airstrikes and steal other military vehicles.

I hope we see something different this time,and not the same recruiting and vehicle battles like in Portable ops and PW.
Portable ops and PW was about a growing MSF army.Now that they are well established,recruiting and stealing vehicles wouldn't be as fun anymore and i don't think Kojima will choose to do so either.

Building your own Metal Gear and smaller machines would be a nice change,call them in for backup when needed.

I'll be reserving the comments when I see the demo. Gameplay has always been more important to me than the story/plot. The story is important as well, but if I can't enjoy the gameplay, it's pointless playing through just to find out the story arc.
If the controls of Peace Walker can still be improved, I will be happy.

Plot-wise, it looks obvious that Kojima is using Big Boss yet again for a reason.. Maybe he wants to finish bridging the gap between MGS3 and MGS.. And once they get to that point, a prequel of MGS featuring Solid Snake will be more feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojima has confirmed that footage for this will be revealed tomorrow at 3pm PST during PAX 2012.

@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 11:19 PM
It will be available at 3pm PST tomorrow. RT @J_Martinez2012 @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN Mr. Kojima please upload the Ground Zeroes video to Youtube

i've been thinking about the white hair. could it be Frank Jaeger, considering he had white hair when he was "Null" in Portable Ops, and no one knows what he looked like, in terms of hair length etc. the caption could be "Snake's Greatest Enemy" or something, considering snake had to save him in Outer Heaven then fight him in Zanzibar. or the caption could be "Snake's Biggest Fear" and it could be an imaginary vision of "The Sorrow" from MGS3.

I cant wait for the footage, I was wondering if anyone could tell me when it will be announced in UK time, will it be midnight on Sunday, or later on, like Monday morning?

I don't mind seening Big Boss, but any Snake will do as long as we don't see any incarnations of Raiden.

I just don't understand why some people say that MGS2 has good and well written plot. Complexity doesn't mean it would be a good one. It is just ridiculous more than actually complex and intellectual IMO, and I think my opinion is as good as any. MGS3 had more simple and straightforward plot, but it doesn't make it bad in any ways. Many actually good action movies for example have rather simple plot and they are still good movies.

I just hope that I wouldn't have to buy new console for this game or what ever they are cooking there.

I don't mind seening Big Boss, but any Snake will do as long as we don't see any incarnations of Raiden.

I just don't understand why some people say that MGS2 has good and well written plot. Complexity doesn't mean it would be a good one. It is just ridiculous more than actually complex and intellectual IMO, and I think my opinion is as good as any. MGS3 had more simple and straightforward plot, but it doesn't make it bad in any ways. Many actually good action movies for example have rather simple plot and they are still good movies.

I just hope that I wouldn't have to buy new console for this game or what ever they are cooking there.

Mentally stimulating games are very scarce these days. Games nowadays need to be idiot-proof.

Its more than just complexity. A simple story is fine, usually simple stories are great when they have a strong relationship at its core. Other than that and an awesome codec cast MGS3s characters were quite bad or under developed. MGS2 was genius in that it was multi layered and you always find new things in each play through.
Also what i disliked in MGS3 was its large focus on fantasy rather than si-fi as MetalGear always has, and when it does it usually has minor fantasy elements.
Before call out Vamp one of MGS2s main themes was about what is and isn't real.

back on topic, im very curious on what the plot will be on this MetalGear. Im really hoping they establish BogBoss as the villain he becomes. Also i want them to stop calling him Snake!!!!

Its more than just complexity. A simple story is fine, usually simple stories are great when they have a strong relationship at its core. Other than that and an awesome codec cast MGS3s characters were quite bad or under developed. MGS2 was genius in that it was multi layered and you always find new things in each play through.
Also what i disliked in MGS3 was its large focus on fantasy rather than si-fi as MetalGear always has, and when it does it usually has minor fantasy elements.
Before call out Vamp one of MGS2s main themes was about what is and isn't real.

back on topic, im very curious on what the plot will be on this MetalGear. Im really hoping they establish BogBoss as the villain he becomes. Also i want them to stop calling him Snake!!!!

QTF. :goodpost: :exactly:

Big Boss needs to transition away from being the tragic "hero". They started it a bit in Peace Walker, when he gave that chilling Outer Heaven speech, about becoming "revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists", if the times called for it. I hope that Kojima decides to show more of Big Boss' moral degeneration in the next MGS. Let him do some truly awful things to play with our emotions - to show that sometimes, even heroes need to be put down like rabid dogs :monkey2.

However, with that said, the one thing that does concern me, is that if Big Boss remains "good" toward the end when he was defeated by Solid Snake. If Kojima still continues to depict him as a sympathetic good guy, will our perceptions of Solid Snake change? I'm willing to bet that something like that will screw up the series, beyond what we could possibly imagine.

Last edited:
Back