Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really don't like the discoloration contrast between the greens on the arm and leg joints. It's like they assembled the pieces from a different batch that came off the assembly line with a slightly different shade of paint.

Agreed... It is one of my biggest gripes with the figures. It is actually like that with Batman's legs too, but it isn't anywhere near as noticeable as it is with Riddler. It definitely adds to Riddler being the weakest of the bunch....

Sallah

Hey James,

Love the in-depth reviews. Do you think we will get a single carded Robin? I don't want the wired cape.

DELICIOUS!!!

:lol

Thank ya kindly! As for single carded Robin- It doesn't look likely. Mattel has pretty much confirmed that the line is already over. :(

Speaking of Robin though... Our review of the Batman & Robin 2-Pack is now up if you care to check it out. :)

Around 45 pics and our video spotlight here: Mattel Batman Classic TV Series 6" Batman & Robin Figure 2-Pack Review

Sallah

Picked up my Batman & Robin 2 pk & Batmobile today! I have not removed them from the packaging yet. Yup their limbs look kind of flimsy, but I intend to put them in the car. I dont think I will be picking up any of the other figures. I would love to see a Batboat.

So is it true these are all we are ever going to get out of this line from Mat-hell? No hope for other villains or vehicles?

That's what Mattel has publicly stated. No more after these.

They could have done SO much more with this line. 3 different Catwomans, Batgirl, and the rest of the Rogues Gallery. I effing hate Mattel. They always half-*** it and don't deserve the licenses they get *cough*BTTF.

I've held off buying anything because I wanted to see how far Mattel was committed. I want Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, Bookworm, etc.

Might pass altogether since we won't get anything beyond a wave 2. Big fail for Mattel!

At least batgirl!

...and the library room with the Shakespeare head, red phone, and bookcase....

At least batgirl!

...and the library room with the Shakespeare head, red phone, and bookcase....

Apparently, Yvonne Craig wasn't willing to accept the relatively small sum they offered her to sign away her likeness for the figures... so Batgirl probably won't happen even if they do change their minds and decide to do more. :(

Sallah

Apparently, Yvonne Craig wasn't willing to accept the relatively small sum they offered her to sign away her likeness for the figures... so Batgirl probably won't happen even if they do change their minds and decide to do more. :(

Sallah

Really? That sucks-- Where'd you read that?
That sucks especially, cuz if I'm not mistaken the green woman she played on trek had an action figure at some point...plus they could always do an " almost " Yvonne Craig and chalk it up to comic book likeness

Love your reviews btw!

Really? That sucks-- Where'd you read that?
That sucks especially, cuz if I'm not mistaken the green woman she played on trek had an action figure at some point...plus they could always do an " almost " Yvonne Craig and chalk it up to comic book likeness

Love your reviews btw!

Thanks very much! :)

The Yvonne Craig thing has circulated online... but I actually first heard it through a friend of mine that is big into the 60's Batman convention/ cosplay thing. Apparently, her manager let their group know that she wouldn't be getting a figure made as the offer Warner sent over was ridiculously small (like less than a convention appearance fee) and it would grant them her likeness use for as much stuff as they cared to make (Barbies, figures, etc). It was just a really unfair and cheap offer on Warner's part, and Yvonne wasn't willing to stand for it.

I am sure they paid well for Burt, Adam, and the car... 3 of the other figures are from deceased actors, so I am sure their estates were willing to accept whatever was offered. Yvonne is still around though, still doing cons and still making money... So there isn't a reason for her to accept whatever small offer Warner got away with on the others. I am not sure how Newmar plays into all of that, but I bet her offer was closer to Burt/ Adam than Craig's...

Sallah

Last edited:
Back