Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend said that when I came out of the room, I looked like I had just been blessed by the Pope. Said he thought he heard angel trumpets sounding in the distance :lol

I'll bet. From what I've heard, they seem pretty awesome. I've been wanting to get my HT boxes signed, if ever I meet them. I know it's expensive, but just as a memento of when/if I got to meet them. I missed them twice this year. I got food poisoning when they were in Pittsburgh and was flat broke when they came to Cincinnatti, so, hopefully, third time's the charm.:lol

Thought I would revive this thread and add a couple of pictures since I just discovered the figures. I was in TRU, walking through the Batman aisle and found a lone Batmobile, the 3 pack and a Catwoman. Had to bring them home since I loved the show so much as a kid. Got home and on ebay to add a few more of the villians. Just thought I'd share the results of a bit of my playtime this morning.
I Am Batman by wizgerg3, on Flickr

Wooing the Bat by wizgerg3, on Flickr
Love the cards they come with............
Got Ya by wizgerg3, on Flickr

Yeah I'm surprised that this stuff is just sitting there at TRUs or at least every TRU where I live

It's been like this all month. I guess the interest of this line has phased out.:dunno

These are better than Mattel

100_7348.JPG100_7351.JPG

The variety is certainly more impressive. Which is sad considering that Figures Toy Co. is so niche and Mattel has the resources to pull out all the stops and choose not to... (Funko's Batman '66 POP line was a disappointment, too. I mean, at least Mattel gave us Batman, Robin, Batgirl and the Big Four villains.)

But, yes, the Mego-style figures are lovely. I only have the Gorshin Riddler at the moment, but I definitely plan to also get Penguin and Joker at the very least. (Does anybody know why they've yet to do a Catwoman? Is it a licensing thing? Does Julie Newmar have to approve the design? What's holding that up?

I feel like part of Mattel's problem is their price. They charge nearly $20 a figure. Look at the market, NECA figures also cost that much and their over quality is quite ahead of Mattel. Mattel's figures are slightly better than something you might have gotten in the 80's or 90s, that's a tough expense to accept, you don't get quality for your money, it's the only game in town so you're forced to pay it or have nothing. I'd love to get the Mattel's, but I'd want like 6 figures, that's like $120 on very cheap looking figures with average posability and very toyish details. Those MEGO style figures, while stylized, looks way better overall and probably worth the price, not sure what they cost.

I feel like part of Mattel's problem is their price. They charge nearly $20 a figure. Look at the market, NECA figures also cost that much and their over quality is quite ahead of Mattel. Mattel's figures are slightly better than something you might have gotten in the 80's or 90s, that's a tough expense to accept, you don't get quality for your money, it's the only game in town so you're forced to pay it or have nothing. I'd love to get the Mattel's, but I'd want like 6 figures, that's like $120 on very cheap looking figures with average posability and very toyish details. Those MEGO style figures, while stylized, looks way better overall and probably worth the price, not sure what they cost.

:goodpost:

Maybe that's it. Yes now that think about it the quality we get in the 66 line is mediocre at best and $20 or $22 for TRU prices are a bit too steep.

Come to think of it, I've never seen the 66 line at Target or Walmart. Maybe they knew it wouldn't sell

I keep seeing the 3-pack and batmobile at TRU and I want the 3pack, but I'm on a budget and I know eventually the nostalgic excitement will wear off. I paid about the same for the NECA Keaton Batman and the quality of that figure for the scale and price are insane, you're almost hard pressed to realize it's a toy, where these figures look very much like toys from paint to sculpt to the vintage looking cape styles. at $10-$12 I think the value would be more on point and easier to sell. Then again, 4" cheap DC figures go for almost $15 these days, prices are getting insane even on TRU level toys, it amazes me how NECA is able to keep their quality without raising prices dramatic.

Mattels figures are slightly more toy like than Hasbro's Black Series Star Wars figures which are also overpriced.

I keep seeing the 3-pack and batmobile at TRU and I want the 3pack, but I'm on a budget and I know eventually the nostalgic excitement will wear off. I paid about the same for the NECA Keaton Batman and the quality of that figure for the scale and price are insane, you're almost hard pressed to realize it's a toy, where these figures look very much like toys from paint to sculpt to the vintage looking cape styles. at $10-$12 I think the value would be more on point and easier to sell. Then again, 4" cheap DC figures go for almost $15 these days, prices are getting insane even on TRU level toys, it amazes me how NECA is able to keep their quality without raising prices dramatic.

Mattels figures are slightly more toy like than Hasbro's Black Series Star Wars figures which are also overpriced.

Just be patient, especially when Black Friday hits, I'm sure they'll start discounting those like crazy

Yeah, I didn't pay Toys R Us prices for my Mattel '66 figures... I bought Riddler and Joker at a con for $10 each (the vendor gave me a discount because I bought other figures, too). Penguin and Catwoman I purchased at my local Wal-Mart (they were clearanced out for $8 apiece). I got good deals on all of them. I passed on the solo Batman figure, knowing that the three-pack was inevitable, and the Surf's Up variants. I also (foolishly) passed up the Batmobile, which my local Wal-Mart had clearanced to $25! I regret that so much NOW, but at the time, I thought I was only going to get the villains, since the rogues are my primary focus as a collector. :slap

The variety is certainly more impressive. Which is sad considering that Figures Toy Co. is so niche and Mattel has the resources to pull out all the stops and choose not to... (Funko's Batman '66 POP line was a disappointment, too. I mean, at least Mattel gave us Batman, Robin, Batgirl and the Big Four villains.)

But, yes, the Mego-style figures are lovely. I only have the Gorshin Riddler at the moment, but I definitely plan to also get Penguin and Joker at the very least. (Does anybody know why they've yet to do a Catwoman? Is it a licensing thing? Does Julie Newmar have to approve the design? What's holding that up?

She is coming..they are trying to spread out waves...she will likely be in WAVE 6

I just picked up the 66 batmobile ans iv got to say im really impressed with it. Yea its plastic and light as hell but then so are some pf's lol. On the shelf, it looks fantastic and the size is superb. I want to get some figures for it soon and have been toying with the idea of trying to make the batcave .

Hey did anyone go into TRU and see they have a new batcave and assesory set with adam west interchageable head? its so awsome, it took me by surprise. it was like 35 bucks but came with so much stuff!

I haven't been able to find an individual Batgirl. I see the TRU 3-pack around but am waiting for some kind of sale as I really don't need another Batman & Robin.

Yep they had a solo batgirl released as a SDCC TRU exclusive and was pretty easy to get at TRU online and then later found in TRU stores. I ordered mines online when she came out.

Back