Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think that without a dvd release to coincide with the new merchandise that sales are going to be soft. I was interested in the Mattel line, but I have a feeling its going to be another case where the first wave is over produced and then the subsequent waves are impossible to find, especially if there's retailer exclusives.

I still think that without a dvd release to coincide with the new merchandise that sales are going to be soft. I was interested in the Mattel line, but I have a feeling its going to be another case where the first wave is over produced and then the subsequent waves are impossible to find, especially if there's retailer exclusives.

I think that they're using all of the different merchandise to get people hyped about the show again. My guess is that they're waiting for Bats' 75th anniversary next year to unleash what everyone's been waiting for (the DVDs).

I sure hope you are right on the anniversary release of the DVD. We all have been waiting way too long!

oh man, finally a pic of catwoman! this is just so damn cool that they are making 60's show figures!!!!

I think that they're using all of the different merchandise to get people hyped about the show again. My guess is that they're waiting for Bats' 75th anniversary next year to unleash what everyone's been waiting for (the DVDs).

I don't think it's coming anytime soon. Too many legal obstacles to overcome, and too many people who want a piece of the $$$$$! This link explains some of the issues involved...

https://www.livescience.com/32309-why-isnt-the-1960s-batman-tv-series-on-dvd.html

I'm not so sure. I've heard all of the reasoning before, but I just don't see why they'd bother with merchandising an almost 50 year old show when people wouldn't even be able to legally see what all the fuss was about. As far as Fox/WB goes, is it possible that, maybe, they made a deal so that Fox got Home Video distribution and WB got merchandising?

It's beyond pathetic now.

The TV series should've been sorted out YEARS ago - people are just sitting around with the money to buy it.

WB? 20thCF? They're all idiots. :gah:

I think the cameo appearances may prove to be the most difficult to resolve... from wikipedia here is a list.
Ted Cassidy as Lurch from The Addams Family - Appeared in "The Penguin's Jest."
**** Clark - Appeared in "Shoot a Crooked Arrow."
Bill Dana as José Jiménez from The Bill Dana Show - Appeared in "The Yegg Foes in Gotham."
Sammy Davis, Jr. - Appeared in "The Clock King's Crazy Crimes."
Andy Devine as Santa Claus - Appeared in "The Duo is Slumming."
Howard Duff as Sam Stone from Felony Squad - Appeared in "The Impractical Joker."
Don Ho - Appeared in "Batman's Kow Tow."
Werner Klemperer as Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes - Appeared in "It's How You Play the Game."
Suzie Knickerbocker (pen name of Aileen Mehle) - Appeared in "King Tut's Coup."
Jerry Lewis - Appeared in "The Bookworm Turns."
Art Linkletter - Appeared in "Catwoman Goes to College."
Cyril Lord as the Carpet King - Appeared in "Ice Spy."
Edward G. Robinson - Appeared in "Batman's Satisfaction."
Van Williams and Bruce Lee as Green Hornet and Kato - Appeared in "The Spell of Tut."

also mentioned...
Other complications/rights issues:
Christopher D. Heer, writing at the "1966 Batman Message Board", clarified a quote by moderator Lee Kirkham, noting that there will likely be the need for complicated deals regarding cameos, since "...at least some of the cameos were done as uncredited, unpaid walk-ons – which means that Fox does NOT have home video clearances for them. Either those scenes would have to be cut or an agreement reached with the actors."[15]
Kirkham's initial quote also noted that, alongside music clearance issues, there could also be problems over some of the costumes, and the original Batmobile:
"It may surprise you, but then there are also rights issues concerning the design of the unique Batmobile design used in the show, and possibly a separate issue regarding some of the costumes as well!".[16]

I really hope it happens, but I want them complete and uncut!

Last edited:
Ehh.. if they truly want people's money - & don't want to COMPLETELY **** on the fans.. they'll sort it out. :lol

It's like the 70s Spider-man TV show, & season 4 & 5 of the Muppet Show - pull your fingers out!!!

Took the Ken doll's outfit and put it on a DiD Hayden figure with surprisingly minor mods:

The suit material is of surprisingly good quality.

i know way this isnt for everyone but i dont see these making it to the uk ,so i just bought 1 from this seller ,he lists 2 more ,its the sdcc batusi double elbow version loose ,it has the dancing button on the back ,$29 delivered https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-DC-...3023?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c34a6adef it looks to have no abcrunch ,he also has the regular version with single elbow and abcrunch for $38 i think ,please dont judge me lol ,i just couldnt resist

Back