Mass Effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to chime in here...

I'm an extremely picky gamer....most games that people rant, rave and set themselves on fire about I can never figure out why (i.e. "Halo 2", "Chronicles of Riddick", "KoToR", etc.)

But this is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. Loved "Halo 3" and "Call of Duty 4" but this one has me hooked like nothing since "Morrowind" back in the gold ole' days.

It's massive, very in-depth, and the production quality is out of this world---from the soundtrack down to the voice acting.

Give it a shot if you haven't already...

Hopefully it doesn't turn out bad, most of what gamestop does is fine, but there are some really bad stories about them.

But luckily mine has arrived fine, haven't been able to play it yet, but the extra disc is pretty cool.

The store I get my stuff from is really cool. So I'm not worried.

So in general. Buy: Yes/No

As good at KOTOR: Yes/No

Definite buy, if only for the graphics. The interface is better than I thought, the combat really isn't that hard, you just have to pay attention to the type of enemy you're fighting and remember to duck behind cover and such. I think it's probably better than KOTOR. Although with this I'd really like to see how they could do a new KOTOR game now. They are most likely working on one, but it's an MMORPG which means the graphics will probably not be as good just because it has to work online too.

I've got to chime in here...

I'm an extremely picky gamer....most games that people rant, rave and set themselves on fire about I can never figure out why (i.e. "Halo 2", "Chronicles of Riddick", "KoToR", etc.)

But this is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. Loved "Halo 3" and "Call of Duty 4" but this one has me hooked like nothing since "Morrowind" back in the gold ole' days.

It's massive, very in-depth, and the production quality is out of this world---from the soundtrack down to the voice acting.

Give it a shot if you haven't already...

have you played bioshock yet?

Yeah, that was another one I didn't enjoy. Graphically it was beautiful but it just wasn't that special in my opinion. It felt on-par with "Riddick".

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Same here man. Bioshock was hyped up a lot and I got excited about it, it was appearing to be one of the greatest 1st person shooters ever.

Until I got it and it turned out to be an average 8 hour FPS experience with some new "weapons" and bad guys. It was alright, but definitely a let down in my book.

I haven't got Mass Effect yet but Bioshock was great because of the graphics and the story (especially Sander Cohen.:rotfl ) Other than that I didn't find anything super different from other FPS's.

Well just one more day and I get my copy of Mass Effect! I hope to get the Limited Edition with the extra content, and the strategy guide book. I got my newest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine and they named it as "the single best Xbox 360 game" out now! I can't wait to dive into it and get started on my journey! :D

Really the only thing I can think to be wrong with it is just that they throw you into a world you don't know about and it can be a bit confusing because of that. And also the problems with having to go somewhere but you don't know the area so it's difficult. The missions work well though, the goal is pretty obvious so it's not confusing. And I'm glad they didn't add an ammo system because that would be really annoying.

Really the only thing I can think to be wrong with it is just that they throw you into a world you don't know about and it can be a bit confusing because of that. And also the problems with having to go somewhere but you don't know the area so it's difficult. The missions work well though, the goal is pretty obvious so it's not confusing. And I'm glad they didn't add an ammo system because that would be really annoying.

This is my problem and reason for wanting to start over. I can't keep track of everything. Although it is one great game. :cool:

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Anyone beat it yet? Wondering what you thought about the ending and the just how in the hell they plan on adding downloadable content when it doesn't allow you to continue playing?

Or is the downloadable content a pipe dream that will never come to pass?

Just started playing this morning and I love it. Still trying to get used to the combat, but everything else is just awesome.

Just started playing this morning and I love it. Still trying to get used to the combat, but everything else is just awesome.

started playing it last night intending to only play 30 mins.......2 hours later, still playing it, I'm at the bit where I have just be made a spectre agent

great game, awesome soundtrack

So I put in my mass effect game to play. during my character creation phase, the game freezes. Okay...so I restart the game, freezes again, THIS time with three red rings. NOOOOOOOOO. So now I have to pay $100 to upgrade to the elite or I don't have a 360 anymore :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

So Mass Effect is good? I am considering it when I get my Xbox360. Have
any of you played Timeshift? If yes what did you think of it.

Ok so I have been playing all day. I will now tell you what I think.

THIS GAME F'N ROCKS SOMETHING FIERCE! :cool: :chew :cool:

So Mass Effect is good? I am considering it when I get my Xbox360. Have
any of you played Timeshift? If yes what did you think of it.

Mass Effect is great, but just realize that it's an RPG so you'll be spending a lot of time listening to people talk, but there is some great combat. Also, while normally the combat isn't really that hard, there are several points where you'll come up against something that's really difficult and it can be frustrating when you die a lot. (right now I'm stuck at a part like that).

I've played Timeshift and while it's interesting to do the slow motion/stop/reverse things, it's really not all that special and it ends up being kind of dull. But you can try it out and see if you like it, there's both a single player and multiplayer demo on the Xbox Live marketplace for free download.

Mass Effect is great, but just realize that it's an RPG so you'll be spending a lot of time listening to people talk

You should note that this isn't your typically droning "metal gear" cutscene dribble. The story line is top-notch...and all of the dialogue is interactive and can be handled several different ways from the viewpoint of your character.

First time in my life I wasn't impatiently tapping the buttons to hurry through cutscenes. Actual facial expressions in a video game? Witchcraft I say!

Ok so I have been playing all day. I will now tell you what I think.

THIS GAME F'N ROCKS SOMETHING FIERCE! :cool: :chew :cool:

I've seen you online all day today too. Got my new xbox and have been playing it about 3 hours today. Love it, can't wait for more.

Back