Mass Effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its just so damn long; can't believe a game is so long

The first time through, yes. I shaved almost 12 hours off my initial run through on my second time. Still a great game and easily in my top 3 of all time.

I am in the same boat fellas. I want to beat ME on hard and as a dick, I want to buy Super Mario Galaxy, I want to beat GH2 that I just bought last week on all levels, and I want to play online with my boys. Just not enough time to do everything. Then there are more great games coming right around the corner.

Just "bought" Mass Effect today after work, as well as Uncharted and finally got around to playing it after watching some ghost hunters. Was getting kinda late so I just wanted to create my character and then play the game tomorrow all set to go. Ended up playing for roughly 1.5 hours before I decided to stop for the night. Its alot better then I expected it to be.

Bad thing is now I have a few games to finish:

Mass Effect
Mario Galaxy
Rock Band (Expert)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Folklore

and thats just the games Im concentrating on atm, I still have games I have yet to open/get into....gotta stop buying these games before finishing current ones.:monkey4

Just "bought" Mass Effect today after work, as well as Uncharted and finally got around to playing it after watching some ghost hunters. Was getting kinda late so I just wanted to create my character and then play the game tomorrow all set to go. Ended up playing for roughly 1.5 hours before I decided to stop for the night. Its alot better then I expected it to be.

Bad thing is now I have a few games to finish:

Mass Effect
Mario Galaxy
Rock Band (Expert)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Folklore

and thats just the games Im concentrating on atm, I still have games I have yet to open/get into....gotta stop buying these games before finishing current ones.:monkey4

Yeah...It'd be nice if we all didn't have to work!:lol More time for games, movies...

Just finished my first game.

Class: Soldier (Nice Guy)

Finished Gametime: 12 Hours, 48 Minutes

Finished Level: 38

Boinked: Ashley

Awesome game! Can't wait to play it again, taking my time this time and doing as many side quests as possible (I only did a few this time out). :rock

Just finished my first game.

Class: Soldier

Finished Gametime: 12 Hours, 48 Minutes

Finished Level: 38

Boinked: Ashley

Awesome game! :rock

Wow, only 12 hours. My first play through was almost 30! Still haven't nailed Ashley though. I keep ****ing the Asarian.

Wow, only 12 hours. My first play through was almost 30! Still haven't nailed Ashley though. I keep ****ing the Asarian.

I'm glad to hear about the 30 hours, actually. That means there is tons of stuff I've yet to do in this game.

Oh, I'll go Asari next time. I was just a sucker for Ashley's lips and bod. :lol

(Also, I like when she says, "I'll warn you... I'm a hellcat off the battlefield, too." :rock )

By the way, did anyone else pick up the prequel novel by Drew Karpyshyn? It details the early adventures of a young Captain Anderson and his relationship with Saren. Can't wait to read it now.

I'm waiting for the book that's coming this summer about what happens between Mass Effect 1 and 2.
Currently I'm on my second playthrough, I think at like 22 hours, Level 47, final mission. And apparently to complete the achievements that require you to complete "most" of the game you really need to complete almost all of it, because I did as many sidequests as I could find and only got the achievement for having Ashley along for most of the game right before I left for the last mission, so I hope I get the achievement for Wrex once I beat the game.

New DLC hits Xbox Live Marketplace March 10th.

Titled "Bring Down the Sky" it will add a new uncharted world, a new race of aliens and add 90 minutes of additional gameplay.

Oh, and a new achievement worth 50 points.

No word yet on the pricing.

New DLC hits Xbox Live Marketplace March 10th.

Titled "Bring Down the Sky" it will add a new uncharted world, a new race of aliens and add 90 minutes of additional gameplay.

Oh, and a new achievement worth 50 points.

No word yet on the pricing.

I wish i would have known this earlier this week. i would have picked up this game instead of Drakes. But I will probably pick this up this weekend.

Because of the acquisition of Bioware by EA they have made an agreement to release Mass Effect on PC this May.

So, finally we can try and Max out the visuals, I'm also looking forward to fooling with the program.

Just read this by Drew Karpyshyn, author of Star Wars books Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Darth Bane: The Rule of Two, Knights of the Old Republic I and II, PLUS Mass Effect. This guy is pretty much my God right now.

What other projects are you working on, in terms of both writing and gaming?

I've always got a number of projects on the go. We just finished the Xbox 360 game Mass Effect last month, and I've already started working on the story, character, and dialog for Mass Effect 2. I'm also hard at work on a second Mass Effect novel coming out in spring of 2008 to go along with Mass Effect: Revelation, released last year. After that I'll be putting the final touches on an original fantasy trilogy I've been working on so I can start trying to find a publisher. And, like most writers, I've got a couple of screenplays that I'm kicking around, too.

So Mass Effect 2 is already being written :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Back