Mass Effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen you online all day today too. Got my new xbox and have been playing it about 3 hours today. Love it, can't wait for more.

Yeah I am just over about 16 hours and if weren't for the game on tonight I would be on. Sorry guys until I beat this I will be all Mass Effect. :cool:

I played a little more yesterday. I liked it more than the first time I played, but I still don't like the combat play very much.

Why the hell is the sniper riffle so choppy? When you try to move your sight around it "bounces" a lot and won't stay on a target. You have to pray when you shoot that you pulled the triger at the right time when trying to focus in.

The assault riffle is useless unless you're 2 feet from your target as it just sprays bullets all over the palce except AT your target.

Last edited:
I love this game but I feel your frustration. I think a lot of what you're going through with the sniper is the fact that you have a low score on the accuracy. It seems that the higher the accuracy, the less it moves around.

I however seem to be stuck :monkey2 Gonna hit up gamefaqs and see if I can't figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.

All I want to do is go home and play it. is that wrong? ANybody got any links to some guides for vanguards? I'm level 5 and haven't used any points yet. Haven't hit up gamefaqs yet, going to when I get home

I played for a little. not much... but I enjoy it. Interactive Cinema with action !

I think I will play it through... THEN, change my character to female with a different background and play through again. That is ... if I can get time to play ! lol.

I played for a little. not much... but I enjoy it. Interactive Cinema with action !

I think I will play it through... THEN, change my character to female with a different background and play through again. That is ... if I can get time to play ! lol.

Don't know if I want to play it through twice. The KOTOR games were about 20 hours to complete, with the second time being a little less. Anybody got an ETA on how long this game is?

Don't know if I want to play it through twice. The KOTOR games were about 20 hours to complete, with the second time being a little less. Anybody got an ETA on how long this game is?

I think the fastest is like 8 hours, but you'd probably have to be really good. But you do get achievement point for beating it multiple times.

8 hours, holy crap. I'm like 4 hours in and I'm still browsing embassies and lower wards.

8 Hours is for the game critics who have stacks of games to go through and don't have time to waste talking to everyone.

Although I think I'm going kind of fast, I'm at like 3 hours and 20 minutes and I've gotten past the citadel and was able to go to another planet, now I'm just stuck there.

But really it's been longer, there's been several times where I've gotten further along and then die and realize that throughout that time it didn't autosave at all and then I have to go through it again and make sure I save. And usually when I go up against people a second time I'll start dying a lot for some reason although I did fine taking them out the first time through. So the 3 hours doesn't count the probably 5 extra hours I've wasted from dying.

I'm at level 9 with my created male character I named Mike (after myself) Shepherd. He is a soldier. I'm having trouble defeating those frikkin' "sandworms" on remote planets when you get close to surveying an "anomoly" on a planet. How do you beat them? I tried to keep my distance in the "RV" car and shoot them with the guns and missles. But their green slime spit keeps killing me and my two friends in the RV! I hit the yellow "Y" button to repair my RV, but sometimes it's too late! Can anyone out there help me with defeating these annoying "sandworms"? :confused:

Thanks! :D

For me I just keep moving, when they try to shoot you just move out of the way. I just try to get off one shot with the canon before they go underground again and then try to keep moving before they pop up. And don't use repair, you can't move or shoot while it repairs plus it takes 15 omni-gel.

Also, make sure you have leveled up a lot before you go to Noveria, I went there right after the Citadel and it made me have trouble since my character wasn't all that experienced and I kept dying, although luckily I just completed it. (also, at the end if you choose the 'nice' option you get 25 achievement points).

Thanks for your help darthviper107! I appreciate it! I have the game set where it levels up for me. I guess I should change it to where I can do the manual levelling up of the characters? Let me know what you think. Thanks again! :D

I got through the part I was stuck at and played virtually all night last night. I've been exploring a lot of the other worlds and it is a great way to gain experience and get new upgrades. I think I'm at a level 19 right now but I have no idea how much time I've got in it (I'd guess close to 11-12 hours)

I love the fact that there are so many side quests and I know I'm going to have to make some tough decisions moving forward.

Thanks for your help darthviper107! I appreciate it! I have the game set where it levels up for me. I guess I should change it to where I can do the manual levelling up of the characters? Let me know what you think. Thanks again! :D

It depends, for the most part it does pretty good to level up in the right places, but when I was fighting for instance I just leveled up and used the points on areas that would give me more health.

Ok guys, I loved the KOTOR games but i'm not really into any other games of the type. Should I buy Mass Effect, or just rent it? Sounds worth a buy from what everybody is saying. Opinion?

I'm not a RPG fan but I love the KOTOR's and this is a better game (just not as cool w/o the SW stuff). The voice acting is 2nd to none. I'm finally getting ahold of the gameplay (the tutorial sux) and am getting a lot better in the fights and knowing when to use what powers.

I'm alreadly looking forward to my second play through.

Ok guys, I loved the KOTOR games but i'm not really into any other games of the type. Should I buy Mass Effect, or just rent it? Sounds worth a buy from what everybody is saying. Opinion?

they are VERY similar games. ME has a lot in common with the SW universe too. you have to learn about the new universe in ME where as in KOTOR you just had to learn character names so it takes a little bit longer to catch on but it's worth it. i've only been able to play a few hours but i love it. take KOTOR and rip out the SW theme and put it on a nex gen console and you get ME....oh yeah and instead of using commands for your actions(when you are fighting) like in KOTOR you actually fire your weapon, etc. similiar to a first person shooter.

Back