Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas Jane was OK, unfortunately he was plagued by the dreaded PG-13 Punisher he had to play in the movie. He did get some redemption in that short clip he made where he was walking down the street and played a much edgier version of his Frank Castle.

Ray Stevenson was my pick as a fantastic "modern" Punisher out of the depictions. I loved him in Warzone as this absolute killing machine and it explained why villains feared him, he just didn't give a ******. This was the Punisher that everyone was scared of. The movie was OK and had some corny scenes, but I much preferred Stevenson portrayal of the Punisher.

However, Jon Bernthal blew me away in Daredevil. He does a good job on humanizing the character while also bringing a psychotic edge to him which makes you really frightened of his Punisher. Benthal also has the acting chops to play the sympathetic tough guy as he had done so in other roles as well. He will also get the chance to play the Punisher in the format fans have been wanting to see him in: Rated R..TV:MA, whatever you want to call it...the Punisher is a character that is PERFECT for the prototypical violent and edgy TV shows we've been getting the past few years.

Can't wait for this series...more excited about it than any of the other ones!

You know, I'm really curious how Frank is gonna be portrayed in the show. Most of the time, he acts with military precision and is just willing to do what's necessary. However, in certain iterations, especially Ennis', he's a straight up serial killer who just enjoys the war. In "Born", he even sorta made a deal with the Devil to keep the "war" going on forever. It's not in the 616 continuity, and while it makes Frank ultimately a villain, it adds another layer of depth. Dunno if I'd like it though. Something like Rucka's Punisher was perfect for me. But I'm getting some Edmondson-run vibes from the whole military storyline they're doing.

They really gave him a great skull design

IMG_4548.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG

The skull itself is cool, but I'm still pretty "meh" on how it's coordinated with all the details on the vest. I would've preferred it on a standard bulletproof vest or shirt or something, without the lines exaggerating the details of the skull (brows, cheekbones, etc.).

The skull itself is cool, but I'm still pretty "meh" on how it's coordinated with all the details on the vest. I would've preferred it on a standard bulletproof vest or shirt or something, without the lines exaggerating the details of the skull (brows, cheekbones, etc.).

Personally I love it... When he saw that vest in DD2 you could see the skull in the vest itself thus making it a cool reason he came up with the idea and not a corny one.

Saw him in an old episode of Law and Order recently. Didn't even sound like himself but it was definitely him.

As regards these pics, haircut does look a bit Hugh Grant which I'm pretty sure is the last thing they want to go for :lol

Personally I love it... When he saw that vest in DD2 you could see the skull in the vest itself thus making it a cool reason he came up with the idea and not a corny one.

I get what they were going for, but I thought the skull already being there was even cornier. I've actually thought long and hard about where the skull would come from if ever I was handling The Punisher, and I always thought it'd be cool if it was a shoulder sleeve insignia for Frank's unit in the war:

DSCN1015.JPG

It would make sense him brandishing it, if he was now going to war, once more, with the criminals of New York.

I actually like this hair style. Mostly because it has none which shows that he doesn't really care.

I actually like this hair style. Mostly because it has none which shows that he doesn't really care.

Everybody knows the real Punisher spends an hour running a comb through his hair in front of the mirror before heading out to murder criminals!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It makes sense for it to be "crappy", but I wanted the slicked back look... Ah well, the costume looks good. Though I'd love for this to be adapted:

IMG_8717.JPG

Back