Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knights rumored Netflix spin-offs? Punisher was one and was then debunked. Today proves, there is some legitimacy to the rumors.

Yeah, all three were/are rumored. Blade is supposed to feature Snipes as Blade and a newcomer as his daughter, ala the upcoming comic. As for Moon Knight, just adapt the older issues with Ellis' approach, and you're set. Ghost Rider would be tricky, but an absolute blast to see, especially with Netlfix being much darker than the main MCU.

PS: Apparently Hannibal writer/executive producer Steve Lightfoot will serve as showrunner for the Punisher show.

Bernthal KILLED it as the Punisher. This is the Netflix series I'm most looking forward to!

Yeah it's a long wait but there will be other series in between to keep me occupied. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Punisher shows up again before his series is released.

Yeah it's a long wait but there will be other series in between to keep me occupied. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Punisher shows up again before his series is released.

Still two long man, it's two years away, this isn't star wars

I thought Bernthal was great, but to me he wouldn't be the best Castle. Nest thing for me of S2 of DD was Elektra. I'd love for her to have her own spinoff. Jessica Jones proves that a female vigilante would do well. But that's just me, personally.

Hopefully I like his take on Punisher then :lol

Good news though. Always nice to get more comic based TV shows.

never really been a fan of Bernthal. He's kind of a prick in every film I've seen him in. I wish they could've gotten Thomas Jane, such a underrated actor and performance in the first film.

Hands down Bernthal is the best on screen version of the Punisher... Jane IMO would muck it up. He got into great shape for the movie sure but his version was nothing special. Of course the script was awful but IMO he did nothing in that film to make me think he was The Punisher other the his name.

Bernthal owned as The Punisher... Again he had the benefit of a better script but he just looks and sounds the part much better then anyone else has.

Having said all that I am a but worried about a whole series being based on his character. I think he works better as a "special Guest" like he was in Daredevil. I think he would be better served to appear in the other Marvel shows like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, ect... I am just not sure his character is deep enough. He is just so damn focused in the comics, he does not talk much, killing is his end game and there is no convincing him otherwise. Just not sure how a whole continuing series can be about him. Now if the plan is to just do two or three seasons tops and really focus on some great stories then yeah it can be done.

Don't get me wrong I am happy about this... I just hope they can pull it off. Punisher use to be my #2 Marvel Guy after Hulk. He has dropped some but watching Daredevil reminded me how bad ass his character can be.

That is great news and all... but it seems we aren't going to get a Daredevil Season 3... or at least not in the near future. Charlie Cox doesn't even know. Sometimes I wonder if Netflix/Marvel would be better suited in focusing on known successful shows like Daredevil/Jessica Jones instead of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, although Punisher should be awesome. I don't think having individual shows for both Luke Cage and Iron Fist is smart. Especially since those two guys have had so many team-ups in the comics. I think it would have been better to have them team-up in there own show, Power Man and Iron Fist, thus allowing a Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones Season 2, Punisher, Defenders to be filmed and premiered sooner.

Currently, there are five shows ahead of Daredevil Season 3. It is sad to think, with so many great DD stories left, that if the time frame stays the same... DD might not be back until 2019.

DD Season 2 Early 2016
Luke Cage Season 1 Late 2016
Iron Fist Season 1 Early 2017
Defenders Season 1 Late 2017
Jessica Jones Season 2 Early 2018
Punisher Season 1 Late 2018
Daredevil Season 3???? 2019?

If this is all true then 2018 is much too long for Punisher and I don't like the no Season 3 of Daredevil... What the hell??

I thought Bernthal was great, but to me he wouldn't be the best Castle. Nest thing for me of S2 of DD was Elektra. I'd love for her to have her own spinoff. Jessica Jones proves that a female vigilante would do well. But that's just me, personally.

Surprised at that, it seemed like most didn't think all that much of Elektra. I loved Bernthal, far and away the best Punisher we've had. I didn't dislike Jane but he was a little too soft. I couldn't see the rage in him.

I agree--Bernthal was a great Punisher. But I also see him as being more as a guest than star of a show. Same as Hulk really. Could work, but not as straightforward as a character who moonlights as a private eye or lawyer. Revenge driven killer guy doesn't easily lend himself to a serial drama.

Maaaaaan, I want BLADE show so bad! :monkey2
You got it.

https://marvel.com/tv/show/20/blade_the_series

Back