Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jye... Unless the last two episodes are a complete waste... This season kicks season 1s Ass...

I think you have to revisit season 1 to see just how boring it was. This season has so many great moments.. Yeah Frank is not 100% Punisher but he is so much closer then season 1... I think you may just have Netflix Marvel fatigue.. The slow moments in this are no worse then the other shows.. In fact I think they have been better overall.

I don't know how we see this season so differently.

Oh and claiming Russian fight in the movie was better then this one.. Come on MAN!!

Such a great moment when Frank went to kill Billy and Billy had his guys ready for him and Frank wipes them out.

I really Hate Billy Russo this season. In a good way.. And the Dr. was annoying me but I like were they took her character.. Hate her as much as Russo.

Like the Preacher guy also..

This is much more like comics then Season 1 IMO and way more then the Jane movie :)

Daredevil Season 2 is still the best Punisher but if the last two episodes deliver then this will be very close.

I agree 100% Jaws. I liked season 2 more than season 1. I also think DD season 2 is the best use of the Punisher character on Netflix.

Finished Last two episodes...

As a whole it suffers from the same thing all the Marvel Netflix shows suffer from.. TOO MUCH FILLER!

These shows should either be 8 to 10 episode seasons or 40 min long shows. Just way too much talking and subplots.

Having said that I enjoyed this season a lot. There were great Punisher moments in all the episodes except for maybe 2. I at first hated the Billy / Therapist relationship but when they made her a full on villain I was good with it.

Loved how Frank took care of Business with Billy also... Thought for sure there would be some sappy "Brothers" dialogue but nope.. Perfect Punisher move.

Really wish we could have got a season 3.. Loved that final shot.

Shame on Jye for even bringing up Jane Punisher in this thread as anything more then the awful film it is :lol I just watched Cinema sins on it to refresh my memory.. Eek that's a bad movie. :)

Anyways, For Netflix shows staring The Punisher.. Like I said I liked this more then season one but not as much as Season 2 of Daredevil.

Ok I finished.

Don’t even bother because the 20% increase in gore is not worth sitting thru a TON of talking.

Sure there were specific fight scenes that were great or an episode or two that were better than some episodes in S1 but taken as a whole it is not worth sitting thru 13 slogging episodes just for a 15 second scene of Frank deciding that yes he needs to be the Punisher that yes the legal system while imperfect functions but another layer of punishment is also very much needed.

S1 was slow but was well written and had a great climax and the narrative was cohesive.

S2 was all over the place.

I have to admit the end at the bus stop did bring the feels but again still not worth the overall journey.

Please bring Castle home to Marvel sure the gore won’t be as extreme as Netflix but it’s time for a new coat of paint...again.

Disney literally ended their Spiderman FFH trailer with an explicit profanity of the male sexual organ....”****-wad” Disney is not afraid to push near the line.

Had to come back and look at this.. I get where you are coming from.. I would say season 1 as a whole is better written but Season 2 felt more like a Punisher story and not military drama. There were things in season 1 that just left me board silly. Billy and his Anvil business.. The PTSD kid trying to join ANVIL... The twist of who killed Franks family.. The cop / Billy relationship.. Yep thought it was worse then the Dr / Billy relationship.. Again at least she became a villain. And worst of all.. I found Micro and his story to be pretty damn boring... Season 1 made Frank's story feel more like an afterthought and season 2 focused more on Frank.

Either way both seasons kick the crap out of Jane's Miami Vice presents The Punisher.

Finished season 2.
I liked the first episode and where it was leading, the bar fight and the Assault on Precinct 13 homage, but then so much talking made it sag in the middle. The story with Jigsaw was good and I liked how they changed the character, but the other story with Amy being hunted by Pilgrim and the Christian extremists sucked. I hated how they kept the motivation for them hunting her vague for so long and grew very frustrated with Amy for not explaining to Frank what was going on. The eventual reveal was a let down. I pretty much hated Amy until she shot that drug dealer in the apartment building, from then on I started to like the character. Pilgrim was just void of personality and I could care less about the character. Madani, Amy, and the therapist all had a stubbornness that I really disliked. At least by the end Madani and Amy redeemed themselves and the therapist got dealt with. Frank, Billy, and Curtis were great and helped carry season 2. I also think the action was overall better throughout season 2 as compared to some stuff in season 1 that just went way too over the top, but to much slow talking. I don't like Jigsaw's fate at the end of this though, too good of a villain to kill off.
I hope we get a season 3, this version of Frank deserves it.

Finished Last two episodes...

As a whole it suffers from the same thing all the Marvel Netflix shows suffer from.. TOO MUCH FILLER!

These shows should either be 8 to 10 episode seasons or 40 min long shows. Just way too much talking and subplots.

Having said that I enjoyed this season a lot. There were great Punisher moments in all the episodes except for maybe 2. I at first hated the Billy / Therapist relationship but when they made her a full on villain I was good with it.

Loved how Frank took care of Business with Billy also... Thought for sure there would be some sappy "Brothers" dialogue but nope.. Perfect Punisher move.

Really wish we could have got a season 3.. Loved that final shot.

Shame on Jye for even bringing up Jane Punisher in this thread as anything more then the awful film it is :lol I just watched Cinema sins on it to refresh my memory.. Eek that's a bad movie. :)

Anyways, For Netflix shows staring The Punisher.. Like I said I liked this more then season one but not as much as Season 2 of Daredevil.

Had to come back and look at this.. I get where you are coming from.. I would say season 1 as a whole is better written but Season 2 felt more like a Punisher story and not military drama. There were things in season 1 that just left me board silly. Billy and his Anvil business.. The PTSD kid trying to join ANVIL... The twist of who killed Franks family.. The cop / Billy relationship.. Yep thought it was worse then the Dr / Billy relationship.. Again at least she became a villain. And worst of all.. I found Micro and his story to be pretty damn boring... Season 1 made Frank's story feel more like an afterthought and season 2 focused more on Frank.

Either way both seasons kick the crap out of Jane's Miami Vice presents The Punisher.

Thank you for coming to divine confession my son only thru spiritual guidance does one begin their long journey towards the cleansing of their conflicting impure thoughts such as these clouding your judgement of Jane’s fun silly movie being easily superior to Netflix’s excessively drawn out take on a one man killing machine.

lol

Jye... Unless the last two episodes are a complete waste... This season kicks season 1s Ass...

I think you have to revisit season 1 to see just how boring it was. This season has so many great moments.. Yeah Frank is not 100% Punisher but he is so much closer then season 1... I think you may just have Netflix Marvel fatigue.. The slow moments in this are no worse then the other shows.. In fact I think they have been better overall.

I don't know how we see this season so differently.

Oh and claiming Russian fight in the movie was better then this one.. Come on MAN!!

Such a great moment when Frank went to kill Billy and Billy had his guys ready for him and Frank wipes them out.

I really Hate Billy Russo this season. In a good way.. And the Dr. was annoying me but I like were they took her character.. Hate her as much as Russo.

Like the Preacher guy also..

This is much more like comics then Season 1 IMO and way more then the Jane movie :)

Daredevil Season 2 is still the best Punisher but if the last two episodes deliver then this will be very close.

Finally finished season 2, last night and yeah, I have to agree with everything you just wrote here. I liked season 2 a lot more than 1. Initially I was put off by the change to Russo from the comic books, but it ended up being an interesting take. And this season just seemed much more like Frank in his element, as The Punisher.

Thank you for coming to divine confession my son only thru spiritual guidance does one begin their long journey towards the cleansing of their conflicting impure thoughts such as these clouding your judgement of Jane’s fun silly movie being easily superior to Netflix’s excessively drawn out take on a one man killing machine.

lol

:lol :lol

Back