Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time he would scream while shooting or yell "Russo!", I would find it unintentionally funny.

Yes, he does sound funny :lol

I loved how he used grunting to make up for being vertically challenged.

!

Kind of reminds me of Sly when he screams while shooting the M60. Stallone sounded natural tho.

Ok I finished.

Don’t even bother because the 20% increase in gore is not worth sitting thru a TON of talking.

Sure there were specific fight scenes that were great or an episode or two that were better than some episodes in S1 but taken as a whole it is not worth sitting thru 13 slogging episodes just for a 15 second scene of Frank deciding that yes he needs to be the Punisher that yes the legal system while imperfect functions but another layer of punishment is also very much needed.

S1 was slow but was well written and had a great climax and the narrative was cohesive.

S2 was all over the place.

I have to admit the end at the bus stop did bring the feels but again still not worth the overall journey.

Please bring Castle home to Marvel sure the gore won’t be as extreme as Netflix but it’s time for a new coat of paint...again.

Disney literally ended their Spiderman FFH trailer with an explicit profanity of the male sexual organ....”****-wad” Disney is not afraid to push near the line.

So I get done watching the first three edisodes and I am like "What the Hell is wrong with Jye??? " I mean that Bar fight was better then anything in season 1 and the Sherrif's office was straight out of Assualt on Precint 13 but with Frank Castle... Then Episode 4 came... Ouch.. Oh My what a painful episode to sit through.. So boring.. So I can now see what Jye was talking about... Still First 3 were good... Gonna watch a couple more tomorrow.

It really just falls apart from episode 4 onwards. I mentioned previously how the writer said we would get a fully formed Punisher in Season 3. I'm convinced if there was a season 3 that this would only last for the opening scenes and he would then have Frank give up punishing criminals in favour of some tedious other storyline. Why make a show about The Punisher at all if you can't stay true to the character and his mission?

The ending of season 2 also seemed to have been added at the last minute and felt like it was from another show entirely. It had no relation to anything that had come before it. What a waste.

It really just falls apart from episode 4 onwards. I mentioned previously how the writer said we would get a fully formed Punisher in Season 3. I'm convinced if there was a season 3 that this would only last for the opening scenes and he would then have Frank give up punishing criminals in favour of some tedious other storyline. Why make a show about The Punisher at all if you can't stay true to the character and his mission?

The ending of season 2 also seemed to have been added at the last minute and felt like it was from another show entirely. It had no relation to anything that had come before it. What a waste.

Took 2.5 seasons to get to the Punisher. :slap

Actually it only took him 1 season... In Daredevil season 2... Still the best Punisher to grace the screen.

Actually it only took him 1 season... In Daredevil season 2... Still the best Punisher to grace the screen.

The creators considered him to still be Castle in DD S2. But I agree he was at his best then.

I would go with Stephan Lang for an older Punisher, as for an actor with a larger physique as Castle maybe Joe Manganiello.

I’mma go out of left field and say Mad Mel Gibson would be a solid choice for Old Man Frank. He’s got those piercing blue eyes and the dude’s still built like a tank. He also has the chops to pull off a man who’s been tormented by ghosts from his past for the last 40 years.

Enjoyed the first couple of episodes and the last couple. Middle was very slow going to miss this show.

Just give us Punisher. Too much babysitting.

I feel like this is one of those scenarios like Gotham where people go out of their way to over complicate things when they have the perfect template right in front of them. I’m a firm believer in the power of adaptations; not everything has to be rooted in a comic book that came out before, which is why I sort of roll my eyes when people are like “but muh source materialz” to everything. That being said, there are some stories that have done the heavy lifting for any would-be television producers looking to adapt the comics to television. Gotham Central is one of those. The Punisher MAX is the other.

Frank Castle as a 60 year old Vietnam vet living in a post-9/11 NYC and dolling out punishment to gangsters and kiddie diddlers and everyone in between? The stories Garth Ennis wrote were mature without being gratuitous, they were compelling and adult and, at times, utterly gutwrenching stuff because he didn’t shy away from the ugliness of real life and that’s why Frank worked in that book. It seems like, as much as I’ve loved the Netflix show, their solution to “how do we make this character compelling” was to take Frank and soften him up; make him a little more human; a little more vulnerable, and I get that. But I also think there’s something to be said about the stories that don’t hide the fact that Frank is a hard man, but add context by putting him in a world that you could see making someone that hard. If they could adapt all 60+ issues of that series into a TV show? I’d be so ****ing in.

JAWS hit the nail on the head DD S2 is best Punisher out there for movie or tv real shame they went backwards from there.

I am not suprised they went backwards.. When they announced a Punisher series.. I was not sure how they would base a full series on the character we saw in DD season 2... Not where the masses would be interested... He is pretty one dimensional in that season.. But in a GREAT WAY :lol

Having said that.. Jye I am up to episode nine and I have to say, I am enjoying this season more then season 1. The Dr seems to have have taken a back seat and I enjoy all other characters as their stories focus around Frank... I also liked Jigsaw's reaction to seeing Frank and how he felt betrayed.. Thought that was good dramatic stuff.

His psych doctor is smoking hot lol

Jye... Unless the last two episodes are a complete waste... This season kicks season 1s Ass...

I think you have to revisit season 1 to see just how boring it was. This season has so many great moments.. Yeah Frank is not 100% Punisher but he is so much closer then season 1... I think you may just have Netflix Marvel fatigue.. The slow moments in this are no worse then the other shows.. In fact I think they have been better overall.

I don't know how we see this season so differently.

Oh and claiming Russian fight in the movie was better then this one.. Come on MAN!!

Such a great moment when Frank went to kill Billy and Billy had his guys ready for him and Frank wipes them out.

I really Hate Billy Russo this season. In a good way.. And the Dr. was annoying me but I like were they took her character.. Hate her as much as Russo.

Like the Preacher guy also..

This is much more like comics then Season 1 IMO and way more then the Jane movie :)

Daredevil Season 2 is still the best Punisher but if the last two episodes deliver then this will be very close.

I've been taking my time watching this, only seen the first 3 eps, and it's kind of boring. I have no clue what the story is yet, or why I should care about this kid at all.

Back