Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fell asleep watching this last night. During one of Billy's many many therapy scenes. And that Amy girl is annoying as ****.

So far i’m only on E4 and it’s sucking so far much lower quality than S1.

Uh oh. That doesn’t sound like it bodes well. I’ll still watch it, but I found season 1 to be really uneven. It started out great with the first episode and ended great, but man, did it drag in the middle! I’ve seen several posts about all the time they spend with Billy Russo in therapy, in season 2,which does indeed sound like filler, but they did the same thing last season with veterans group and the I-don’t know-how-many-episodes spent with Frank and Microchip arguing. It did have a strong finish which I felt saved it, but for a while I was wondering if there would be any Punisher in season 1 of the Punisher. Sounds like maybe the filler situation is even worse, the second time around.

Uh oh. That doesn’t sound like it bodes well. I’ll still watch it, but I found season 1 to be really uneven. It started out great with the first episode and ended great, but man, did it drag in the middle! I’ve seen several posts about all the time they spend with Billy Russo in therapy, in season 2,which does indeed sound like filler, but they did the same thing last season with veterans group and the I-don’t know-how-many-episodes spent with Frank and Microchip arguing. It did have a strong finish which I felt saved it, but for a while I was wondering if there would be any Punisher in season 1 of the Punisher. Sounds like maybe the filler situation is even worse, the second time around.

S1 was a well written sophisticated slog.

S2 so far is a poorly written grade school slog.

S1 was a well written sophisticated slog.

S2 so far is a poorly written grade school slog.

That’s a shame. Will still check it out, but maybe since Marvel’s days at Netflix are numbered, they decided to just go through the motions on the last couple seasons of the Netflix shows. That’s too bad if true.

Sounds like punishers best moments are still in daredevil season 2....I thought season 1 was boring guess I shouldn't bother with 2 unless I have absolutely nothing better to do

I honestly feel like John Pilgrim is a discount Nelson Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire and it’s kind of annoying the **** out of me.

Ok I finished.

Don’t even bother because the 20% increase in gore is not worth sitting thru a TON of talking.

Sure there were specific fight scenes that were great or an episode or two that were better than some episodes in S1 but taken as a whole it is not worth sitting thru 13 slogging episodes just for a 15 second scene of Frank deciding that yes he needs to be the Punisher that yes the legal system while imperfect functions but another layer of punishment is also very much needed.

S1 was slow but was well written and had a great climax and the narrative was cohesive.

S2 was all over the place.

I have to admit the end at the bus stop did bring the feels but again still not worth the overall journey.

Please bring Castle home to Marvel sure the gore won’t be as extreme as Netflix but it’s time for a new coat of paint...again.

Disney literally ended their Spiderman FFH trailer with an explicit profanity of the male sexual organ....”****-wad” Disney is not afraid to push near the line.

Ok I finished.

Don’t even bother because the 20% increase in gore is not worth sitting thru a TON of talking.

Sure there were specific fight scenes that were great or an episode or two that were better than some episodes in S1 but taken as a whole it is not worth sitting thru 13 slogging episodes just for a 15 second scene of Frank deciding that yes he needs to be the Punisher that yes the legal system while imperfect functions but another layer of punishment is also very much needed.

S1 was slow but was well written and had a great climax and the narrative was cohesive.

I have to admit the end at the bus stop did bring the feels but again still not worth the overall journey.

Please bring Castle home to Marvel sure the gore won’t be as extreme as Netflix but it’s time for a new coat of paint...again.

Disney literally ended their Spiderman FFH trailer with an explicit profanity of the male sexual organ....”****-wad” Disney is not afraid to push near the line.

Been thinking it for a long time...no one in Hollywood knows how to do the Punisher. Yet there is this guy named Kevin Feige that no one in Hollywood can figure out. Yet it is so simple...read the comics and stay true to that. That is why the character is so popular.

Ok I finished.

Still have not watched it.. Your comments about filler have me dread watching it.. I really hate all the filler in the Marvel Netflix shows. Its why I never got to Defenders or Daredevil 3.. Jessica Jones, Punisher, and Luke Cage have burnt me out a bit :(

Then again you keep singing the praises of Jane's Punisher so perhaps the show still has hope. ;)

Still have not watched it.. Your comments about filler have me dread watching it.. I really hate all the filler in the Marvel Netflix shows. Its why I never got to Defenders or Daredevil 3.. Jessica Jones, Punisher, and Luke Cage have burnt me out a bit :(

Then again you keep singing the praises of Jane's Punisher so perhaps the show still has hope. ;)

The russian fight from Jane’s > russian fight from S2 :lol

I wanted to see more of Russo and Castle shooting at each other, not Russo banging his therapist. :slap

I thought it started great but when they went back to New York it died a death and never really recovered in my opinion. It was so ponderous and there were so many wasted moments. The whole part about trying to establish Frank didn’t kill those innocent civilians was so bad it was funny. It was such a lazy cop out. He was a broken man after he thought he had killed them and then boom he's back again when Madani and Karen do some detective work and tell him he didn't do it. It was laughable.

The creator stated in an article I read that the Punisher would be fully formed in season 3 if there was one. What? If it takes two full seasons to do that then clearly you're doing something very wrong. He was more like The Punisher in Daredevil season 2 than in two seasons of his own show! Nothing in his show comes close to the scene with Daredevil on the rooftop or in the cemetery after he is rescued.

I like Jon Bernthal's Frank but at times he is like a big baby. Like a bull in a china shop. I prefer the Thomas Jane version who was more cold and focused. He also had the best Punisher moments for me with the Dirty Laundry short and the brilliant PS2 video game. The scene where you popped out of the coffin at the mob funeral is an absolute classic. The latter is what the show should have been like with Frank hunting down criminals and working his way up the chain of command. He is The Punisher not The Babysitter. I mean where in season 2 is there any inkling about him hunting down criminals full time? It just happens at the end like an afterthought.

I thought it started great but when they went back to New York it died a death and never really recovered in my opinion. It was so ponderous and there were so many wasted moments. The whole part about trying to establish Frank didn’t kill those innocent civilians was so bad it was funny. It was such a lazy cop out. He was a broken man after he thought he had killed them and then boom he's back again when Madani and Karen do some detective work and tell him he didn't do it. It was laughable.

The creator stated in an article I read that the Punisher would be fully formed in season 3 if there was one. What? If it takes two full seasons to do that then clearly you're doing something very wrong. He was more like The Punisher in Daredevil season 2 than in two seasons of his own show! Nothing in his show comes close to the scene with Daredevil on the rooftop or in the cemetery after he is rescued.

I like Jon Bernthal's Frank but at times he is like a big baby. Like a bull in a china shop. I prefer the Thomas Jane version who was more cold and focused. He also had the best Punisher moments for me with the Dirty Laundry short and the brilliant PS2 video game. The scene where you popped out of the coffin at the mob funeral is an absolute classic. The latter is what the show should have been like with Frank hunting down criminals and working his way up the chain of command. He is The Punisher not The Babysitter. I mean where in season 2 is there any inkling about him hunting down criminals full time? It just happens at the end like an afterthought.

Well said especially the part about DD S2.

Hell i’ll even accept S1 as his build up towards full on Punisher since it was so well written but S2 should’ve been all about him being the full on Punisher and not build up 1.5 especially with it being so unfocused and poorly paced at that.

FAIL!

Last edited:
I do agree 2 seasons of build up to get him to actually become the punisher is ridiculous. And yeah he was more punisher in dd series 2 than his own show.

It’s a shame there won’t be a fully formed ph usher in series 3 as this will be cancelled ��

There's no way this getting a third season. I've only caught the first episode of S2 so far and thought it was pretty good, we'll see about the rest. I am curious as to what Marvel will do with their rated R characters moving forward.

Back