Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 1/6th scale Darth Maul™ Collectible Figure (25th anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hate this guy's reviews and am genuinely baffled as to why he's the first one to be posted on this particular forum. Always.

It's essentially Justin (same EXACT words, phrases, format EVERY time. Like a robot)

Just who the hell has a finger in the clicks here? Dudes videos look good. He absolutely is not reviewing the figure by any stretch of the imagination.

First 4K "review" up takes it? Is that the thing?

Last edited:
Placed standard PO with Kit
Same here. First time ordering a HT from kit for me instead of from an EU shop. I guess this means no more extra months of waiting once he releases in HK. :)

I've always wanted a definitive Maul. I have both SSC's versions and HT's, but none felt like this one feels to me haha. This one just blows every other Maul figure out in my opinion, and feels like it's straight out of the movie. The headsculpt brings me right back to being a kid waiting for TPM to come out, seeing Maul's promotional images. Maybe I'm weird, I dunno, I'm excited.
I've had SSC Maul V1, SSC V2 and the HT Maul V1, and this release was still an instant pre-order for me, so I fully get you.

I customized every one of my Mauls and each time I loved the result. I also still love my HT Maul on display. But technology keeps improving, and this new Maul looks better yet again.

Design wise, Maul is one of my favorite SW characters. He's one of the few non-OT characters I collect, and he's the greatest thing to come out of the prequels for me.

So yeah, I'm excited too. :lol

I hate this guy's reviews and am genuinely baffled as to why he's the first one to be posted on this particular forum. Always.

It's essentially Justin (same EXACT words, phrases, format EVERY time. Like a robot)

Just who the hell has a finger in the clicks here? Dudes videos look good. He absolutely is not reviewing the figure by any stretch of the imagination.

TBOBF Shrug.gif

Alright, after looking at my V1 Maul again I decided I had no choice but to order this new one. I thought I was fine with that sculpt early on, but over time became less and less happy with the figure and always had him pushed to the back of the shelf as a result. So it'll be nice to have a Maul that actually looks like the character and that I'll want to have displayed up front again.

All Youtubers become annoying after a while due to them repeating the same phrases over and over.

I started watching One Sixth Scale Man recently, and he's already getting on my nerves.
Yesterday it was, "Bro", "Bro", "Bro" over and over, and, "That's what I'm talking about," over and over and over... :thud:

With Justin and Regan it's more about the images than what they're saying. At least Regan (MRCcollectionventures) isn't shilling like Justin, and I think is actually genuinely excited by the figures he's getting.

All Youtubers become annoying after a while due to them repeating the same phrases over and over.

I started watching One Sixth Scale Man recently, and he's already getting on my nerves.
Yesterday it was, "Bro", "Bro", "Bro" over and over, and, "That's what I'm talking about," over and over and over... :thud:

With Justin and Regan it's more about the images than what they're saying. At least Regan (MRCcollectionventures) isn't shilling like Justin, and I think is actually genuinely excited by the figures he's getting.
Fair enough. His content doesn't move the needle for me personally, quite the opposite.

I've just noticed his stuff is ridiculously pushed on this forum to point of it almost being suspect. I can go back YEARS with this argument.

I'm sure he has his fans, as others. Not a stab at them, by any means.

Fair enough. His content doesn't move the needle for me personally, quite the opposite.

I've just noticed his stuff is ridiculously pushed on this forum to point of it almost being suspect. I can go back YEARS with this argument.

I'm sure he has his fans, as others. Not a stab at them, by any means.

I've been subscribing to new channels recently, so there will be a greater variety at least in my own subscription list. If they're any good I'll post the reviews when they go up.

Regan is often one of the first, if not the first, that I see putting up reviews because he can pick his figures up directly from the Hot Toys stores in Hong Kong.

Subscriber-wise he's a relatively small channel with 12,600 compared to Justin's mighty 718,000.

I've been subscribing to new channels recently, so there will be a greater variety at least in my own subscription list. If they're any good I'll post the reviews when they go up.

Regan is often one of the first, if not the first, that I see putting up reviews because he can pick his figures up directly from the Hot Toys stores in Hong Kong.

Subscriber-wise he's a relatively small channel with 12,600 compared to Justin's mighty 718,000.
Look forward to you contribution as always.

Thanks for understanding the angle I was coming from, Asta.

I find most video reviews annoying AF. I don’t need to watch a waste of time video that’s spends 10 minutes talking about the goddamn box. Jeez! Show the box for 20 seconds and just get to the damn figure — cut out all the unnecessary unboxing crap and the even more repetitive blather. Most of these tools need to write up a script before hand and stick to it, or just shut up altogether.

Yeah why does it become annoying over time? I just unsubbed jeddapatrol after i saw him live streaming sideshows livestream or something. But idk, for some reason these collector videos get hard to watch after a bit. I think justins is my favorite and has gotten better recently, used to drive me nuts hearing the obligatory "I got mine from toys wonderland" in every stinkin review.

Well I suppose there's no point in selling my previous version now, since I probably wouldn't get much out of it after fees and shipping. So guess I'll keep it so I can display both of his looks and the alternate sculpt. Even though I don't exactly need to have two Mauls in the collection.

Last edited:
I find most video reviews annoying AF. I don’t need to watch a waste of time video that’s spends 10 minutes talking about the goddamn box. Jeez! Show the box for 20 seconds and just get to the damn figure — cut out all the unnecessary unboxing crap and the even more repetitive blather. Most of these tools need to write up a script before hand and stick to it, or just shut up altogether.
I mute them all, skip to headsculpt closeups, grab a few screenshots, done. I don't give a **** about what any of them have to say.
Yeah why does it become annoying over time? I just unsubbed jeddapatrol after i saw him live streaming sideshows livestream or something. But idk, for some reason these collector videos get hard to watch after a bit. I think justins is my favorite and has gotten better recently, used to drive me nuts hearing the obligatory "I got mine from toys wonderland" in every stinkin review.

How about my style 🤗🤗

@Johnny Utah i think you’ll like the Mando Luke review…or i hope so 😇

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU ALL

I can display both of his looks

Exactly! Get the most out of both!

Whatever base outfit is the best, that become Naboo Duel... and the new robe can go on the other (likely the v1).

You might even be able to use that useless Sith Speeder with 2x Mauls. I am (if only background for Tatooine Maul).

Back