Kubricks Jabba the Hutt (etc.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the info. that has been released thus far, it does appear that someone obtaining an unopened set of the 6 "commons" will get a BAF alongside them. But they probably won't be cheap. I wouldn't expect a previously released Kubrick as a chase, but it is possible. Honestly, their chases are so out of left field sometimes, that I wouldn't really want to guess. Plus, I'm no Star Wars expert, so I'm not even really sure who would be the most likely, thus far unreleased character from the film. Having said that, they've already released something like 20 Boba Fetts, so my money would be on another version of him :lol

Yeh, tell me about it. Enough with the Fetts already! :lol

Well, as long as the chases are OT I will be happy. :) Thanks for the info re the BAF. Why oh why have I decided to get back into these things again!!

I joined Jedi Defender a while back just for the kubricks forum. There's not a huge number of people there, but the ones who are there are very dedicated and knowledgeable.

From what I understand, each figure will have a piece of Jabba in the box. It's not entirely clear whether it will always be the same piece with the same figure, but I would imagine so.

As for the chases, I don't think there's any chance in hell that it'll be the Rebo Band, since they already released them as a pricey exclusive and that would really annoy a lot of people (such as me). I bought the Rebo Band set a little while ago in anticipation of the Jabba wave's release. Max Rebo's piano would also be way too big to include as a chase.

I'm hoping for an Oola, and maybe a Rancor Keeper. Aside from that, any of the Jabba's Palace aliens would be fine.

Does anyone have a hook up? Also icruise this is the best I could find on VCD R2 (which I just ordered). I don't know what's up with the horrible eBay prices on this guy. :huh

I think the best thing is to wait a bit longer and see what happens with the pricing. Some places don't even have them up for order yet, and we don't know what the major ebay sellers will be doing. I don't expect these to totally sell out or anything.

As for the chases, I don't think there's any chance in hell that it'll be the Rebo Band, since they already released them as a pricey exclusive and that would really annoy a lot of people (such as me).
As I posted before, I also think this is unlikely (unless there is some reason to do repaints of the original releases), but not because Medicom cares about pissing off people who bought rare/exclusive items in the past.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900526&utm_source=search0109

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10370&mode=retail

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10390&mode=retail

Also, notice the Snow Trooper in the ESB Deluxe series that was previously discussed.

I saw that. If you try and figure how much those figures would cost separately, it might not be a bad deal. However, it's missing wave 4 (the most popular wave), as well as several more desirable figures (say, from the early bird set or wave 3) that might make that a more appealing price. Series 1 and 2 are the real selling points there, but the rest of the figures are, for the most part, pretty cheap and easy to find.

As I posted before, I also think this is unlikely (unless there is some reason to do repaints of the original releases), but not because Medicom cares about pissing off people who bought rare/exclusive items in the past.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900526&utm_source=search0109

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10370&mode=retail

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10390&mode=retail

Also, notice the Snow Trooper in the ESB Deluxe series that was previously discussed.

I don't think Medicom has ever re-released exactly the same Kubrick, but there have been some cases where they've released two that are practically the same (i.e. so close that many people wouldn't really care about the differences). The new R2-D2, for example, is different from the original one in the early-bird set because it only has two legs. The C-3PO is a different color from the first one. And the Indiana Jones chase figure is also slightly different in color (and maybe some details?) from the Indiana Jones that came with the bearbrick idol.

But I think the Rebo Band is a bit of a different case, since it was released as an exclusive, standalone product. In any case, as I said above I think the band isn't a practical choice for reasons of size.

I've been a big Kubrick fan for years now. I lost interest in the SW line when they went PT. Now that they are back to the OT I'm really tempted but financially just can't afford it anymore. The little buggers drain wallets FAST! I'm just going to stick with my 400% Kubs and random other lines within the Kub Universe.

Is anyone looking for complete sets for Series 1-7 with the common chases? AT this moment, I can't break each series up. PM me if interested...

And if anyone gets a spare Chewbacca from the new wave I'd gladly buy it off ya for my Chewie focus... :chew

I miss the old days of buying these by the box (I stopped at the 7th Series). I got out much like MadCow when they started releasing PT Kubs. These new OT SW Kubs have me interested in getting back into these.

I don't think Medicom has ever re-released exactly the same Kubrick, but there have been some cases where they've released two that are practically the same (i.e. so close that many people wouldn't really care about the differences). The new R2-D2, for example, is different from the original one in the early-bird set because it only has two legs. The C-3PO is a different color from the first one. And the Indiana Jones chase figure is also slightly different in color (and maybe some details?) from the Indiana Jones that came with the bearbrick idol.

But I think the Rebo Band is a bit of a different case, since it was released as an exclusive, standalone product. In any case, as I said above I think the band isn't a practical choice for reasons of size.
I didn't know that about the R2 and 3PO. Good to know that my early bird versions are different. However, from my understanding, the horror Disney 2-packs appear to be the same, minus possibly the trademark and date. Same for the forthcoming Jessie Kubrick from Toy Story. These were rare chases that are being re-released as common figures.

I haven't been following the non-Star Wars ones much recently, so I'm not sure about those. It's certainly not inconceivable that they might re-release some of the Rebo Band characters with minor changes as chases, but it would be a big disappointment because it would be boring (just think of all of the characters they could have made for the chases instead) and it would also piss off the hardcore collectors. Plus, it wouldn't even be a very good deal for the people who haven't bought the Rebo Band box set. You could easily pay about the same price for the 3 chases as you might pay for the box set.

I don't disagree. I think it's a crap move by Medicom toward collectors. Same with their re-release of the RAH Snake figures. But the almighty yen is a powerful force.

It's one of the reasons why I stopped collecting Kubricks. I couldn't imagine forking over $200 for one of those early bird kits and find that they are going to release the same figs with minor alterations. It's not right, but Medicom knows that they can make money on that because people will buy regardless. Thankfully, I got out of chasing 'bricks...

I was really out of collecting for awhile, as well (though I have them displayed at home). But like others, these new "original trilogy" figures have sucked me back in.

The smart thing to do is to just get the regular figures and not worry about the chases or exclusives, but that can be hard to do. Generally speaking I don't care about the chases, but I do plan to get the ones for this wave unless they're unappealing for some reason.

Back