New to toy collecting at thirty-three!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Brian, and I'm thirty-three years old.

Back in 2019 I was killing time at the mall, when I saw a figure of the Pokemon called Ludicolo. I had never been the type to buy toys as an adult, but I decided to buy it.

The hope was that there would eventually be a Metagross and Flygon to go with it, as those were the Pokemon I used in Pokemon Ruby to get one hundred consecutive wins in the Battle Tower.

Four years go by, and both Flygon and Metagross were released! Feeling pretty thrilled that the wait paid off, I started looking into other toy lines to see if I could make more little sets. I have quite a few plans for what's next, and now I'm collecting!

I prefer cute toys that look like children's toys, and I'm not too keen to have a large amount of a single toy line either. I've learned in the past that having too much of one thing is often mentally consuming, so a little bit of many different things is how I like to collect.

I hope focusing on more childish toys doesn't make me an oddball, but either way I hope to have a good time here. :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! My name is Brian, and I'm thirty-three years old.

Back in 2019 I was killing time at the mall, when I saw a figure of the Pokemon called Ludicolo. I had never been the type to buy toys as an adult, but I decided to buy it.

The hope was that there would eventually be a Metagross and Flygon to go with it, as those were the Pokemon I used in Pokemon Ruby to get one hundred consecutive wins in the Battle Tower.

Four years go by, and both Flygon and Metagross were released! Feeling pretty thrilled that the wait paid off, I started looking into other toy lines to see if I could make more little sets. I have quite a few plans for what's next, and now I'm collecting!

I prefer cute toys that look like children's toys, and I'm not too keen to have a large amount of a single toy line either. I've learned in the past that having too much of one thing is often mentally consuming, so a little bit of many different things is how I like to collect.

I hope focusing on more childish toys doesn't make me an oddball, but either way I hope to have a good time here. :)
Hello Brian, 33 years young, you need to rest my friend. 33 years back I had plans.
Anyway welcome to the forum my friend....Enjoy the ride.

Back