Kubricks Jabba the Hutt (etc.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an entire box of Alien series 2 Kubs. There was a 50% chance of getting the chase, but of course, I didn't get one. I hate stinkin' blind box chases.

Here are some of the other Kubricks that go with Jabba (maybe we can change the name of this thread?)

SWKubs3.jpg

Awesome. Some new Kubricks I am interested in.

You can get the display, but you have to buy a "master case" of 4 boxes, which will probably run almost $700. Since there apparently will be chase figures, there is an additional incentive to buy master cases for the more insane Kubrick fans among us.

You can get the display, but you have to buy a "master case" of 4 boxes, which will probably run almost $700. Since there apparently will be chase figures, there is an additional incentive to buy master cases for the more insane Kubrick fans among us.

what comes in the master case? is it 4 sets of these shown in the pic?

what comes in the master case? is it 4 sets of these shown in the pic?
From my understanding, pretty much. Each box will have 12 figures, in the following breakdown:

2x Luke ( Jedi Knight )
3x C-3PO & Salacious Crumb
3x R2-D2 ( Jabba's Barge )
2x Chewbacca ( Boushh's Prisoner )
1x Amanaman
1x Bib Fortuna

Apparently, the basic set of 6 will yield you a Jabba, as each will come with a different Jabba piece.

So yes, you will get 4 full sets with a master case, plus a couple chases probably, and more R2s, C-3POs, and Jedi Luke's than you could ever want.

From my understanding, pretty much. Each box will have 12 figures, in the following breakdown:

2x Luke ( Jedi Knight )
3x C-3PO & Salacious Crumb
3x R2-D2 ( Jabba's Barge )
2x Chewbacca ( Boushh's Prisoner )
1x Amanaman
1x Bib Fortuna

Apparently, the basic set of 6 will yield you a Jabba, as each will come with a different Jabba piece.

So yes, you will get 4 full sets with a master case, plus a couple chases probably, and more R2s, C-3POs, and Jedi Luke's than you could ever want.

Thanks...that's a stupid way to do it because they're punishing their fans who are the only ones who would do this...or dealers. oh well.

i would like to pick up Jabba and Crumb(C-3PO).

Honestly, I thought the 1 per master case diorama was a dumb idea at first, as I thought it was a gimmick to get people to buy entire cases. But I wasn't thinking about retailers (sometimes I forget that in Japan, you can walk into a store and buy Star Wars Kubs :lol ). It is something that probably doesn't cost any extra, and is a cool thing for hardcore collectors and stores to have, so in that sense, I think it is pretty neat.

I am crazy for Jabba, but not that crazy (I don't think...). I'd love the cardboard display thing, but it's not worth paying so much extra to get a master case.

I will probably have to try and get the chases, though, which is something that I don't normally do.

Wonder if it would be worth it to buy a master and then sell off the excess?

Well that's what a lot of people do, or at least they did when Kubricks were quite so expensive. I guess the answer is, it depends. Unfortunately, if the past is any indication, you won't even get all of the chases by buying a master case, so you'd probably still have to spend a fair amount on whatever it is that you missed. I've even heard of people getting no rare chases in a master case (I believe you usually get one rare chase and 1 or 2 common chases per master case).

It might actually work out, but it would be a fair amount of work, and depending on demand and how many people try it, you might get stuck with a bunch of stuff you can't sell.

Is anyone here interested in buying a basic set of 6 + Jabba for like $125 + shipping if I were to get a master case? That's about a $50 discount over getting a box of 12. I'm not sure I'd want to get a master case, but if I could line up some people who wanted to get them I'd be more inclined to look into the matter.

Well that's what a lot of people do, or at least they did when Kubricks were quite so expensive. I guess the answer is, it depends. Unfortunately, if the past is any indication, you won't even get all of the chases by buying a master case, so you'd probably still have to spend a fair amount on whatever it is that you missed. I've even heard of people getting no rare chases in a master case (I believe you usually get one rare chase and 1 or 2 common chases per master case).

It might actually work out, but it would be a fair amount of work, and depending on demand and how many people try it, you might get stuck with a bunch of stuff you can't sell.

Is anyone here interested in buying a basic set of 6 + Jabba for like $125 + shipping if I were to get a master case? That's about a $50 discount over getting a box of 12. I'm not sure I'd want to get a master case, but if I could line up some people who wanted to get them I'd be more inclined to look into the matter.

I am very interested---Pm me if you want to do this :chew

Well, that includes Jabba remember.

If you get a box of 12, you pay around $50 more but only get a bunch of extra Lukes, C-3POs, and R2s for the difference. They'll be hard to get rid of because everyone will have extras.

Back