Konami teases a new Metal Gear project (possibly)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an interesting take on it.

Kotaku has updated their original post with this:

Yep, that's the Konami logo alright. There is an "i" and an upside down "i." Does that first "i" refer to the "iPhone?" Apple's products appear throughout the last Metal Gear Solid. Then again, the "i" could refer to the "DSi" or even the "Wii."

The upside down "i" is used in Metal Gear Acid, so there certainly could be a connection. The URL for this new site contains "mgst" which could refer to "Metal Gear Solid Touch." More questions than an

I just read a really interesting thought on the matter.

i equals 180, upside down i equals the other 180 to give you 360 so...

i (180 degrees) + upside down i (the other 180 degrees) = 360

Cool take on it I thought.

classic kojima!

Now that would kick ass, I've always wanted to know what happened after the events of Act 3. I know they're working on other projects in the universe. But no announcement of a new game :(. Hopefully after Kojima's massive success with MGS we can finally get widespread releases of Snatcher and Policenauts.

Now that would kick ass, I've always wanted to know what happened after the events of Act 3. I know they're working on other projects in the universe. But no announcement of a new game :(. Hopefully after Kojima's massive success with MGS we can finally get widespread releases of Snatcher and Policenauts.

i never had the chance to play Policenauts...was it any good??? what system was it on?? unfortunately i never heard of it until several years after it came out.

Me neither unfortunately, I don't think it's ever been localized even by fans. It was released on NEC PC-9821, 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Sony PlayStation and the Sega Saturn.

Some animated footage from it does appear in the original Metal Gear Solid though.

I played through Snatcher on the Mega/Sega-CD a friend of mine had an actual copy (which now goes for big money on eBay) but the good thing about those discs is you can copy them very easily now :lol (do miss reading the manual though).

Have also played fan translations of the MSX version and SD-Snatcher (although not to the end) is easily my favourite game of all time. Is like Blade Runner meets invasion of the Body Snatchers

Nice bit of info on the different versions
Hardcore Gaming 101 - Snatcher
Link does contain (simulated) Nudity - So not safe for work but should encourage people to have a look ;)

Excellent fansite with Snatcher and Policenauts info and how it ties together with Kojima's other works such as Metal Gear. Stuff like Otacon's Policenauts poster on the wall of his office
Junker HQ

I just read a really interesting thought on the matter.

i equals 180, upside down i equals the other 180 to give you 360 so...

i (180 degrees) + upside down i (the other 180 degrees) = 360

Cool take on it I thought.

That to me is the most believable theory I have heard yet.

yea you got to wonder how this game will turn out on the 360 without the blue ray disc. If theres much of a difference we will know for shure just how much a blue ray disc does.:lol

no big deal. i'll take 2-3 discs. swapping discs is the same as installing each level on the PS3 anyways. and now that we can store stuff on the 360 drive that also alleviates some of the storage problem.
~~to be honest i dont think i'll ever buy another metal gear game again. the un-professional attitude that kojima is taking towards 360 is certainly turning me off to ever supporting another one of his projects. sorry, but its one thing to support one over the other--but you don't make a joke about it and laugh in their faces. the playstation system might not be around forever and kojima will have to put his games on something.

But do you really think he'd be rejected if he had to ? He's one of the gaming worlds biggest celebrities, regardless of what he says he'd get welcomed with open arms just for the prestige of having his name attached alone.

If this is happening Hot Toys need to nail the rights now so we do nt suffer another Medicon catastrophe.

I doubt HT will ever get the Metal Gear license,
but if they did, think of how great it would be.

Awesome choices for us, more money for them... win/win situation.

Lame.

700.jpg
701.jpg

Back