Kids Logic floating DeLorean & Hoverboard video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, it turned out beautifully!

Yeah, overall it does look pretty good though I'm a bit let down with the lighting around the base. It was supposed to be a blue/light blue but instead is a very dull white that doesn't quite go with the rest of the display. Pics/video don't show the contrast well but it's like they used two different LED styles, cool/blue hues for the car and a warm/yellow hue for the base. I actually wish I could turn it off and may even open it up to disconnect it...but I'm weird like that.

Oddly enough, had they used the warmer/yellow LED in the flux capacitor instead of the blue/white it would have been a bit more accurate. That said and a few flaws aside, I don't regret the purchase in the least. This thing is awesome for any fan of the franchise.

Here's a bunch of random tips that might help people get better results setting the hover manually (without using the plastic tool). There might be a legitimate issue with some bases so your mileage may vary but if you're stuck and can't get it to work, here's what I've learned after a week with mine. I can probably make a video too if there's demand.

Short version
• Enable the Delorean lights first, hold the car gently with your fingers under each door and lower the car slowly onto the middle of the base until all the lights go solid but not so close that the car slams down. This is the sweet spot.
• Repeatedly lift/lower the car over the sweet spot multiple times (never more than 5 seconds per attempt) until you have an attempt that feels "clean". To me it feels like resting the car on a cushion of air and you can kind of feel it gently "plop" down without the magnet pulling it all over the place. That "clean" feeling means you can let go and it should hover. Take note, you WILL mess this up a bunch of times and WILL get used to prying the car off the magnet (gently).

Long Version
• Hovering the car is like lowering it straight down onto the head of a pin or like trying to balance it on top of a ball. Think of it this way when you're attempting to hover and it will help you learn how/when to let go.
• Get used to finding the hover point (or "sweet spot") by enabling the Delorean lights first. They can be turned on via the touch switch even with car removed. You can't tell if they are on until the car is close to the stand but if they are, you'll see the lights fade in/out depending on how close you are to the sweet spot.
• Hold the car by placing your fingers just below each door and gently/slowly lowering from directly above the sweet spot. Again, like you're lowering it onto the head of a pin.
• As you SLOWLY lower it, you'll feel the car wiggle/pull in various directions if it's not perfectly centered. I call this the "wiggle phase" and if you get too close to the base or too far off the sweet spot, the magnet will pull it hard in a random direction. This WILL happen many times as you learn to do it. Carefully lift one edge of the car to separate the magnets and start over.
• Do not spend more than about 5 seconds in the "wiggle phase". Trying to make a bunch of micro-adjustments while holding the car above the sweet spot just doesn't work and eventually it'll slam down on the magnet. It's much better to lift it up and start another attempt, again using the Delorean lights as a guide (brighter = closer to sweet spot).
• You'll know when you're getting close because the car wont "wiggle" as much as you get used to finding the sweet spot and the lights will be perfectly solid.
• I find the best results are when you start over and lower it straight down onto the sweet spot. If you hit it in one shot, the car doesn't pull and you can let go and you're done. If it starts pulling in various directions, you MIGHT save it but again, I find it easier to just start over. Hence the 5-second rule.

Thanks for the walk through, but at least 7 people have commented that they are experiencing the same issue. We've all tried for hours, so it's definitely a defective batch.

Thanks for the walk through, but at least 7 people have commented that they are experiencing the same issue. We've all tried for hours, so it's definitely a defective batch.

Bummer, that's really unfortunate! Has the company in HK been responsive at all about support/replacement?

Bummer, that's really unfortunate! Has the company in HK been responsive at all about support/replacement?

The community manager or whoever manages the Indiegogo page replied with "how to properly place it" to three of our comments two days ago. We still haven't heard anything about replacements. I'll give it a day before escalating it further, but this is extremely frustrating.

The community manager or whoever manages the Indiegogo page replied with "how to properly place it" to three of our comments two days ago. We still haven't heard anything about replacements. I'll give it a day before escalating it further, but this is extremely frustrating.

Yikes, that's no good. Let us know if they update or find some sort of resolution.

I got this one. It's very fantastic.
My wife and child love this.
I don't use the black tool.
Just use your hand. That's easy.

I just got mine in the mail. Unfortunately the ac adpator it came with doesn't seem to be a standard adaptor.What did you guys use to power yours?

I'm having issues with the hoverboards. No Problems initially getting them to levitate, but now it doesn't work at all. The boards will not levitate what so ever. Ive tried everything, which leads me to believe I have a defective base. The silver reflective piece in the center of the base almost looks warped as well. Curious to hear if anyone else has similar issues.

Just got mine today! Some quick iPhone pics out of the box:

DE1D9FC7-9951-4D1B-ADC8-FF80246BA77E.jpg

Really impressed with this DeLorean! Even at this scale, the detail is up there with the 1/6 Hot Toys DeLorean, with additional markings that aren't even on the Hot Toys one. The quality of the piece is top notch and stands out on the shelf along with the Kids Logic hover boards.

Now I'm wondering if anyone tried to put Hot toys Future Marty on Kids Logic's 1/6 scale hover board, and actually make him hover.
I have hover Delorean and future Marty, but no KL hover board..

Back