Kids Logic floating DeLorean & Hoverboard video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's still no pics of this from others?
Ok, well I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Can you read the notes from Kids logic and compare it with the one you received?
  • Touch switch for the LED lights
  • More stable levitation
  • Added levitating placement tool
  • The lights are now powered by the base, not by dry batteries anymore
  • We ditched the battery case. The levitation will be powered by AC power
  • AC adaptor will be included in the set

Are they lying to the Indiegogo contributers? Or Did they ship early versions to HK buyers?

Are the hover boards shipping yet? A few people on ebay have them listed in stock.

Oh! great photos!! Thanks!
That clears many of the questions I had earlier. really appreciate it! (X2)

So I guess they already ditched the battery box for early HK release.

niceeeee i have a question is difficulty putting the delorean on the base?

To be honest, I've never used that place holder thing for balancing.

I can usually get it floating within a minute or 2. Its actually not that hard, as once you have it correctly in the middle, the white stripe light on the base will light up. If its placed incorrectly, it will stay un-lit. But you do need to be careful to have your hands near the DeLorean until its stable, cuz if its not floating stably, the magnet will pull it down hard and possibly chip the time machine and the base.

News from their cloud funding update.

"We are aiming to resolve all shipping issues this week so we can send out the second batch of DeLorean next week.
This batch is the lot with US adaptors so it will be sent to all US delivery address first. We are still waiting for the next batch with other adaptor types.

Stay tune~"

So 2-3 weeks for US customers (via cloud-funding)

I have one of these on preorder with BBTS hopefully the wait won't be too long! Looks great in the above pics.:yess:

Got mine last week and took some long, closeup HD video of the display in the floating base. Video here for anyone curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyjhUqHMDgY

I've also got a bunch of hi-res closeup photos if anyone is interested and I'm allowed to post them. Took a while to get my account verified, don't want to overdo it.
f6nL8wN.jpg

iit is hard to allow to rise?

It definitely takes some getting used to. Took me well over a dozen attempts the first few days. After about a week I can get it within 3-4, usually within 30-seconds or so. It seems like the updated magnet/base is has super tight tolerances compared to the prior prototype that wobbled a lot more.

I received mine yesterday from the Indiegogo run and I got a defective base. At least 3 people have reported the same issue so far in the Indiegogo comments section. Hopefully they'll send us all a replacement soon.

Well that sucks. You probably did this but just in case, did you try hovering without using the plastic assist tool? I just couldn't get mine to hover with it no matter how many attempts I gave, perhaps a calibration issue? But after spending some time learning the exact spot to hold it free-hand I can get it to hover now.

Here's a bunch of random tips that might help people get better results setting the hover manually (without using the plastic tool). There might be a legitimate issue with some bases so your mileage may vary but if you're stuck and can't get it to work, here's what I've learned after a week with mine. I can probably make a video too if there's demand.

Short version
• Enable the Delorean lights first, hold the car gently with your fingers under each door and lower the car slowly onto the middle of the base until all the lights go solid but not so close that the car slams down. This is the sweet spot.
• Repeatedly lift/lower the car over the sweet spot multiple times (never more than 5 seconds per attempt) until you have an attempt that feels "clean". To me it feels like resting the car on a cushion of air and you can kind of feel it gently "plop" down without the magnet pulling it all over the place. That "clean" feeling means you can let go and it should hover. Take note, you WILL mess this up a bunch of times and WILL get used to prying the car off the magnet (gently).

Long Version
• Hovering the car is like lowering it straight down onto the head of a pin or like trying to balance it on top of a ball. Think of it this way when you're attempting to hover and it will help you learn how/when to let go.
• Get used to finding the hover point (or "sweet spot") by enabling the Delorean lights first. They can be turned on via the touch switch even with car removed. You can't tell if they are on until the car is close to the stand but if they are, you'll see the lights fade in/out depending on how close you are to the sweet spot.
• Hold the car by placing your fingers just below each door and gently/slowly lowering from directly above the sweet spot. Again, like you're lowering it onto the head of a pin.
• As you SLOWLY lower it, you'll feel the car wiggle/pull in various directions if it's not perfectly centered. I call this the "wiggle phase" and if you get too close to the base or too far off the sweet spot, the magnet will pull it hard in a random direction. This WILL happen many times as you learn to do it. Carefully lift one edge of the car to separate the magnets and start over.
• Do not spend more than about 5 seconds in the "wiggle phase". Trying to make a bunch of micro-adjustments while holding the car above the sweet spot just doesn't work and eventually it'll slam down on the magnet. It's much better to lift it up and start another attempt, again using the Delorean lights as a guide (brighter = closer to sweet spot).
• You'll know when you're getting close because the car wont "wiggle" as much as you get used to finding the sweet spot and the lights will be perfectly solid.
• I find the best results are when you start over and lower it straight down onto the sweet spot. If you hit it in one shot, the car doesn't pull and you can let go and you're done. If it starts pulling in various directions, you MIGHT save it but again, I find it easier to just start over. Hence the 5-second rule.

Back