Kids Logic floating DeLorean & Hoverboard video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre ordered delorean and hover boards. Might have to cancel delorean depending on funds. I need the boards to go with my hot toys delorean ;). Looking at the video on the kids logic Facebook page I think the flux band lights might be slightly blue its hard to say. The actual delorean used white fluorescent tubes anyway it just looked blue when it was filmed then ILM made it even more blue with the effects.

but if you put on the magnete the delorean when is off and switch on what happened ? im curious what your think?

I suspect if you turned it on with the delorean on the base the force of the lift would throw it off. I'm sure if it just lifted up they would have done that in the video as it would look loads better.

Surprised this piece isn't getting more buzz. Considering all the recent hype around BTTF, I figured this thread would be blowing up since it's the only floating Delorean on the market. What do you guys think may be the reason this isn't getting more attention? Is the price turning people off? I, for one, am very excited for this to come out.

I think the Delorean looks extremely cheap. It's like a $30 toy, not s $230 one. It's neat that it floats but I wouldn't even pay $50 for it. The money would be much better spent on the upcoming Hot Wheels car that has everything to make all 3 version or a good start towards the Hot Toys one. The hover board looks much better but still, that price.

I think the Delorean looks extremely cheap. It's like a $30 toy, not s $230 one. It's neat that it floats but I wouldn't even pay $50 for it. The money would be much better spent on the upcoming Hot Wheels car that has everything to make all 3 version or a good start towards the Hot Toys one. The hover board looks much better but still, that price.

Why do you think it looks cheap? Because I would have to strongly disagree. Have you seen the most recent prototype?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1-20-delorean-time-machine-magnetic-levitating-ver#/gallery

It does look much better there. I was going by the video above and another one I've seen where it looked really bad.

Yeah, it did start off pretty rough but I think all the feedback from the people who pre-ordered and/or want to pre-order pushed them to up their game on the quality. I'm excited to see the final production piece.

Picked this up over the weekend, sorry didn't take any pics.

But this is a really solid release. The Delorean comes with a scaled Almanac and Hoverboard as additional accessories, along with 2 fire streams.

There are 2 bases.

First is the magnetic base. After its all plugged in, the lights on the side and logo will only light up with the delorean is properly placed. They also come with this additional black plastic thing to you to place the time machine properly.

The other base is a standard flat base, that has 2 plastic holders to put it in a semi-flying upwards motion. You can use the 2 fire streams with this display.

The car doesn't require batteries and the light up feature is found on both bases, where I suppose it sends electricity to the car magnetically and lights up nicely.

Overall very impressed. Highly recommended. Will take some pics if I have time.

Sounds good! I have this and the hover boards on pre order. Pics would be most appreciated if you get time.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I ordered it last year at Hong Kong Ani-com. Paid about US$225.

See if I have time this week, cause I just took out the car. The base's are in the box.

Worst case, i'll take some pics of the manual, which shows all the functions it comes with.

Its always good to have something to look at when you're waiting for pre orders so anything would be great thanks. I'm in the UK and it was about £230, hopefully it still will be when it arrives!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I got it from indiegogo early pack ($195 + free shipping)
They were going to ship this month. I hope they keep the target date.
Already have 1/6 Hot Toys version from first movie. It will be cool to display this next to it!

Got this update a couple of days ago from indiegogo.

"In the last few months we have been facing many challenges perfecting the Magnetic Levitating DeLorean Time Machine.
There are several upgrades and improvements from the previous prototype:

• Touch switch for the LED lights
  • More stable levitation
  • Added levitating placement tool
  • The lights are now powered by the base, not by dry batteries anymore
  • We ditched the battery case. The levitation will be powered by AC power
  • AC adaptor will be included in the set

We are very sorry for not able to provide any update on the site previously, we were extremely busy fine tuning the DeLorean figure. We want to make the DeLorean as detail as possible.

The DeLorean is assembled by hundreds of small parts and electrical wires, many hours were spent to ensure the quality of the final product.
In June, we have finally overcome all the quality issues and the DeLorean has passed the final QC test with flying colours.

Next week, the final product will be transported from the factory to the office. We will get them ready to ship to all our contributors from the beginning of August."

---Having said that, I have no idea how the other people got this in hand already...
Are they releasing 2 different versions??

Back