It's official: STAR WARS 3D Theatrical Re-Releases Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they start with the all digital prequels, and that gives them until 2015 to figure out how to deal with the originals. Let them take all they learn on the first three and do a really spectacular job on the classics. Seeing the opening shot of Star Wars on the big screen in 3D will be an incredible experience, I'm sure.

I really hope they change it back to Han shot first this time.

Talking bout that I was watching A New Hope DVD last night and after Han fried Greedo, I can still clearly see Greedo at the Jabba scene just behind Boba Fett.

Yes, yes, I am not trying to be insenstive by say implying that they all look alike but the clothes look the same to me too.

You can also see another Greedo look-a-like walking through the streets of Mos Eisley after Han fries him, as Luke and party are making their way to Docking Bay 94. Apparently, Rodians are not very adventurous when it comes to fashion.

As for Han shoots first(and only) being reinstated, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Seriously. I would like to see a group of people that _____es more than Star Wars fans do. You would think having your favorite set of movies re-released in theaters in 3D would be a cool thing. But nooooo.

The Aliens & Robots threads are far worse with all the HT Accuracy Nazis and NECA babybirds. I never thought I'd see it, but it's true. The Star Wars boards are now the second _____iest place here. :monkey4

Don't get me wrong, I'll love seeing the OT (even the special editions) in theaters again, and my daughter will be about the right age. I just find 3D very gimicky.

It's hilarious that it says that after GL saw Avatar, arguably the most technically advanced film made to date, he decided that his 1977 films were ready for 3D! You GOTTA love that!

Happy?

Last edited:
If he can make them look like Avatar, put them puppies in IMAX and shorten the goofy PT stuff like they did in AOTC Imax, it's gonna be A W E S O M E!!!

Ahh yes!!! Cannot wait, not for Episode I, but for the rest of the saga. I only got the chance to see Episode II and III in cinemas. I'd love to watch the original trilogy on the big screen. Just not in 3D though :(

Talking bout that I was watching A New Hope DVD last night and after Han fried Greedo, I can still clearly see Greedo at the Jabba scene just behind Boba Fett.

That's his cousin Beedo.

Beedo.jpg
Jabbathehutt94.JPG

Last edited:
They are trying to make good old-fashioned fantasy movies into a theme park ride. Ridiculous...

Jesus. l hate this 3D trend crap, l am getting sick of it. everything in 3D. now companies want us to bring this crap into are houses next. please tell me people what is so great about 3D. and Lucas should be slapped in the face for this. whats next Lord Of The Rings.

Why i think that this is just another trick of Lucas ? I mean if the box office goes sky high with the 3D versions,i`m sure that we will see a new star wars movie ..just a guess..

I love 3D, go for it.

But really--1 movie a year is a bad idea, they should roll them out closer together normal people will get tired of that.

And if they keep releasing the crappy 3D movies (meaning, actual crap 3D, I love 3D but only a few movies need it) then people might not even care after a couple.

Good thing about 3D though--if it does go away, at least these theaters have upgraded to digital projectors.

Back