It's official: STAR WARS 3D Theatrical Re-Releases Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't he just let someone write a good SW story and let other people make a brand new SW movie instead of re-re-releasing what we seen thousands of times, 3D or not!

Anyway...

Why can't he just let someone write a good SW story and let other people make a brand new SW movie instead of re-re-releasing what we seen thousands of times, 3D or not!

Anyway...

Seriously! I'd love to see a SW movie that takes place during the KOTOR era or even a thousand or so years after the PT and OT films.

Anywho I really don't give 2 hoots about this. 3D does nothing for me. I'd like to see the unaltered OT in re-released theaters.

I can only imagine what new changes George will want to make to the OT now that he can manipulate them in 3 dimensions and Greedo still can't shoot Han at point-blank range. :lol

Mr. Lucas,

We beg of you. Please stop constantly digging up the old corpses, slathering them with new garish makeup, and charging people to view them, like some insane carnival barker. It's beyond pathological.

You don't like it, don't waste the time ranting, just don't see it. I'm game to sit through them with both my kids and enjoy the Star Wars theatrical experience through their eyes. Not thrilled about the 3D, but not gonna let that stop me.

Seriously. I would like to see a group of people that _____es more than Star Wars fans do. You would think having your favorite set of movies re-released in theaters in 3D would be a cool thing. But nooooo.

I have seen some 3D that I truly enjoyed. When the background of scenes is given depth...it ia all the way cool. Even the focus of the scene having depth is awesome. But when they play the "jumping off the screen and into your face" stuff...it is simply annoying. And I am not looking forward to Jar Jar's tongue jumping off the screen to snag apples.

i excited. love episode 1. can't wait. i'll gladly pay the $15 or whatever to see some of the greatest movies of all time again on the big screen. rather see these than crap marvel movies.

Awesome news. I enjoy the modern 3-D effect, as gimmicky as it may be. I will check this out in theatres.

I'm going to have to wait until 2016 to see Star Wars on the big screen again.....Jesus H. Christ...:(

So that means that when Empire is released my son should be 6. That'll be perfect. Although I wonder what changes are in store for us with this theatrical release. I find it hard to believe that he'll just release them.

Back