Indiana Jones 5 and the bermuda triangle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they can a make a "hilight" movie, like the old TV shows used to , where Indy sits around a camp fire or the power can go out in his building. Indy, Marion and Shia can reminisce about past adventures and we see best scenes of the 4 films. :slap

I still think it'll be the original Indy in a haunted house/horror idea (which was the first sequel idea after RAIDERS) and that it'll be done as an homage to the Hammer Horror Flicks, which were the B-movie "classics" of the 60s (and early-mid 60s is when this one will take place). Get Christopher Lee involved before he's gone and I'm in.

I still think it'll be the original Indy in a haunted house/horror idea (which was the first sequel idea after RAIDERS) and that it'll be done as an homage to the Hammer Horror Flicks, which were the B-movie "classics" of the 60s (and early-mid 60s is when this one will take place). Get Christopher Lee involved before he's gone and I'm in.

I would be up for this if there is no Allen and no Shia. I could honestly do without both of those characters for this. I am an Indy fanboy and enjoyed KOTCS but this...I dunno.

I doubt it. Lucas wanted the haunted house in TLC but Spielberg didn't want to revisit Poltergeist. Instead they just used a stormy castle with secret rooms as the holding place for Henry Jones until Indy rescued him.

I doubt it. Lucas wanted the haunted house in TLC but Spielberg didn't want to revisit Poltergeist. Instead they just used a stormy castle with secret rooms as the holding place for Henry Jones until Indy rescued him.

Poltergeist was so long ago that I don't see why he would care anymore.

Actually, it was TOD that Lucas originally wanted as a European Haunted Castle flick that Spielberg nixed because of the proximity to POLTERGEIST. He tried it again with TLC, and they settled on just the castle scene. However, over 20 years have elapsed since then... and it's been 28 since POLTERGEIST.

If Spielberg would agree to make an INDY film containing aliens (even more of a previously common Spielberg staple, no?), then surely he'd make one with ghosts. No question. It's just a matter of what the idea is that Lucas has come up with this time.

Aliens are definitely a Spielberg staple but they had never been done in an Indy movie before while we have seen an abridged version of the haunted house in TLC. I'm just sayin'. However if they do go full steam with that idea and get Christopher Lee I'd be all over that! :rock

Not saying it's gonna happen, but folks might want to prepare for the possibility of Indiana Jones vs Dracula. :lol

Seriously, though, if there is another INDY film one thing we already know is that it'll play off of some kind of classic B-movie motif.

The original trilogy films were all obviously riffs on 30s Adventure Serials. KOTCS was the 50's era Sci-Fi B-Flick. I suppose they could go there again with the next one, but I truly doubt it. So what does that leave us? What were the B-Movies of the 60s (ones that Lucas/Spielberg would care to homage)? I don't see Blaxpoitation or a Bikini Beach Musical in Indy's future. What else is there from that era? The Hammer films are an obvious choice, but perhaps there are others that I can't key in on for whatever reason.

Seriously, though, if there is another INDY film one thing we already know is that it'll play off of some kind of classic B-movie motif.

The original trilogy films were all obviously riffs on 30s Adventure Serials. KOTCS was the 50's era Sci-Fi B-Flick. I suppose they could go there again with the next one, but I truly doubt it. So what does that leave us? What were the B-Movies of the 60s (ones that Lucas/Spielberg would care to homage)? I don't see Blaxpoitation or a Bikini Beach Musical in Indy's future. What else is there from that era? The Hammer films are an obvious choice, but perhaps there are others that I can't key in on for whatever reason.

Spaghetti westerns?

Darthrazz said:
Spaghetti westerns?
A good choice, but the problem is we need a B-movie era in which the film itself will take place. Most westerns take place in the 1860's. We need 1960's. ;)

Last edited:
No offense but I hate the haunted house idea.

Indy needs wide open spaces and exotic locales. It's an adventure at its heart, regardless of the nod.

Oceanic stuff is good. I'm up for that. 60's Horror seems a little too narrow to me -- Indy's always had horrific elements anyway. The Space Race was a big part of the 60's too but I hope they don't make "Indy in Space".

I really just don't see how Indy "the archaeologist" fits into this theme. Unless he's searching for sunken treasure and gets wrapped up in some time warp/parallel universe/dimensional weirdness. Which would be just...weird. Indy the ghost hunter doesn't work either.

Just seems like they are pulling at strings to find a hit on their hands.

No offense but I hate the haunted house idea.

Indy needs wide open spaces and exotic locales. It's an adventure at its heart, regardless of the nod.

Oceanic stuff is good. I'm up for that. 60's Horror seems a little too narrow to me -- Indy's always had horrific elements anyway. The Space Race was a big part of the 60's too but I hope they don't make "Indy in Space".

What about Indy "in the space between spaces"? *fart noise*

Spielberg has always said he wanted to make a James Bond film. And the whole swinging 60's superspy film genre started with Dr No in 1962.

It's distinctly possible this may be the way they go with Indy V, as an homage to the early Connery Bond era (especially with a possible Bermuda/Caribbean setting, which screams Bond of the 60's).

Back