Indiana Jones 5 and the bermuda triangle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spielberg has always said he wanted to make a James Bond film. And the whole swinging 60's superspy film genre started with Dr No in 1962.

It's distinctly possible this may be the way they go with Indy V, especially with a possible Bermuda/Caribbean setting, which screams Bond of the 60's.

I've heard the Bond/60's Spy Thriller idea mentioned before, but not in conjunction with anything oceanic. Hrmm...

Spielberg has always said he wanted to make a James Bond film. And the whole swinging 60's superspy film genre started with Dr No in 1962.

It's distinctly possible this may be the way they go with Indy V, as an homage to the early Connery Bond era (especially with a possible Bermuda/Caribbean setting, which screams Bond of the 60's).

Brilliant! SOLD! Let's see it.

Bull ____ thats exactly what Steven said about Skull and he let Lucas piss all over it with CGI.

I don't even buy the script thing, I'll believe it when I see it. You know how long it was rumored there would be a fourth movie? From about 2 days after Crusade hit theatres and it took 20 years.

You do know that some people can listen and improve on something correct? Steven isnt like Lucas who refuses to listen to his fans.

I'm split on the reality of this.

After the lackluster KOTCS and the dismal toy sales, you'd think these guys would have to really try this time... but it seems like this idea just got banged out.

Then again, Harrison only has a few years left to even attempt this, so maybe the race is on to get one last adventure in.

In any event, I don't trust them anymore.

I really wish they'd leave this alone.

Lackluster earned $470mil worldwide at the box office. So a sequel, while Harrison's still capable makes sense. However I think this is just a rumor as Deckard has already stated, WTF would Indy be looking for? I see Aliens being the focus. :lol George wanted them so badly last time and now this time, beaming everything aboard the mothership, including Indy at the end, would be just up his alley. :monkey4

Yeah, KOTCS may not have been very well-received, but it was far from "lackluster" at the box office and was more than profitable for Paramount & Lucasfilm.

The toys were just mis-marketed to kids and produced in FAR too many numbers. Hasbro just got greedy and suffered from a case of EPISODE I SYNDROME (though not even quite as extreme as EP1, that was an utter disaster for over-expectant licensees).

I think I'd rather see a haunted house than the Bermuda triangle. Although if that mean Atlantis is may be cool. I just don't see how Indy is going to utilize the whip under water... :lol

I think I'd rather see a haunted house than the Bermuda triangle. Although if that mean Atlantis is may be cool. I just don't see how Indy is going to utilize the whip under water... :lol

Oh, he wouldn't be that wet, actually. He'll be visiting this place:

otoh.jpg

:horror

Meanwhile Mutt will freak out and Indy will punch him to calm him down.

I can get behind the "Bond" idea, but then the question goes back to what would Indy be looking for? Secret plans sunken in a Soviet submarine? That wouldn't make sense as he no longer works for the government. :huh

KOTCS dissapointed me but I didn't HATE it. I just don't think it worked because Indy just didn't seme like Indy. I don't want to see an old geezer doing that stuff and thats why I probably won't hold this new one in very high regards either. Let Indy retire.

I can get behind the "Bond" idea, but then the question goes back to what would Indy be looking for? Secret plans sunken in a Soviet submarine? That wouldn't make sense as he no longer works for the government. :huh

Smuggling secrets or nukes through archaeological artifacts? I can see it that Indy gets involved accidentally, and has to pair up with a suave MI-6 agent who needs Indy's knowledge to get to the bottom of things.

Smuggling secrets or nukes through archaeological artifacts? I can see it that Indy gets involved accidentally, and has to pair up with a suave MI-6 agent who needs Indy's knowledge to get to the bottom of things.

They already did that in KOTCS and it failed miserably! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Indy should go to hell (no offense) and I mean it.
I'd like to see a good hell since they messed that up in Doom.

Maybe he can get back some stones or gems and see a few of the old bad guys from the other indies.

Back