InArt: TDK Batman 1/12 scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rough texture on the chest, biceps and abs looks bad.

Should just make it smooth like other companies have done.

98f91.jpg

You don’t know that
Going off of what’s being previewed. These upcoming figures are surely what’s next in the series for releases. Given they’ve released 3 figures since opening up as a business, well, almost 3 figures, I am assuming these announced and shown figures will release next year and possibly 2025. Which means any more figures being announced say end of this year or early next (like Bale) would release 2025 or end of it. Just going off of release schedule. Why would you not preview a figure that’s coming soon? Hence why I believe he’s years from release.

i think they wont reveal another 1/6 batman until possibly the batman starts shipping as they may think that would cause people to cancel pre orders.

They're aiming for the Mafex/SHF collectors as opposed to Mezco/soft goods collectors it seems. Not sure it will really pay off though, it seems more like them trying to have their cake and eat it too by branching to all markets as opposed to trying to do something different at this scale.

There are too many Bale Batman figures, in all scales.

No DC character has more than he does. Mattel, DC, Hot Toys, Medicom, Enterbay, 1/12, 1/10, 1/4, 1/6, Movie Masters, DX, you name it, a company has done it. Then every customizer and their mom has tricked it out to the point where nothing about it feels “new” or fun anymore.

I would have rather seen InArt’s BvS Affleck (and Legolas). There are too many Bale Batman figures, especially of the TDK/TDKR suit. I used to think Begins Batman was underrepresented, but that mother ****** has a lot of toys and collectibles too.

Someone needs to tap into the Kilmer Panther Batman. Now there’s a Batman that doesn’t have enough figures. To date it’s gotten ONE crappy Mattel 6” figure and a Prime 1 1/3 statue, that’s it.

1696268068070.png

Looks like InArt is the only company that has done TDK batman's elbow pad correctly
The elbow pad is not part of the forearm gauntlet but seperated and fixed to the elbow
Hope they do this for 1/6 since hot toys has never gotten this part correct

They're aiming for the Mafex/SHF collectors as opposed to Mezco/soft goods collectors it seems. Not sure it will really pay off though, it seems more like them trying to have their cake and eat it too by branching to all markets as opposed to trying to do something different at this scale.
I actually think it’s a decent play at testing the waters. Import prices have been steadily increasing over the past few years and soft goods in 1/12th scale is an even more finicky mistress than in 1/6th. Going through and testing the waters with a sure bet like Bale (like DiFabio said; that boi is oversaturated like a mother) not only fires a warning shot across the bow for all their competitors who have already tackled him, but it allows them to build hype for the inevitable 1/6th scale version, all while determining if the market is there for some slightly higher-end figures in the 1/12th scale marketplace.

Man they did the same weird thing Hot Toys did where the belt is on his stomach covering the 4 ab panels.

View attachment 666541
Looks like InArt is the only company that has done TDK batman's elbow pad correctly
The elbow pad is not part of the forearm gauntlet but seperated and fixed to the elbow
Hope they do this for 1/6 since hot toys has never gotten this part correct
Not exactly. The elbow pad is a part of the gauntlet, BUT it’s glued to the elbow. It’s a very weird design which is why so many companies mess it up.

It’s like how toy companies handle Boba Fett’s gauntlet hoses. The worst is when they’re sculpted and molded to the gauntlet. It ruins the design and articulation of the figure. Hasbro is notorious for this. The best is the way Mafex handled it. Their approach was separately sculpted tubes that feed up into the sculpted sleeves of his bicep. Brilliant.

Last edited:
I actually think it’s a decent play at testing the waters. Import prices have been steadily increasing over the past few years and soft goods in 1/12th scale is an even more finicky mistress than in 1/6th. Going through and testing the waters with a sure bet like Bale (like DiFabio said; that boi is oversaturated like a mother) not only fires a warning shot across the bow for all their competitors who have already tackled him, but it allows them to build hype for the inevitable 1/6th scale version, all while determining if the market is there for some slightly higher-end figures in the 1/12th scale marketplace.
From what I've heard their plan is to compete directly with Mafex/SFH hence the exposed joints and minimal soft goods.

They're not really testing the waters since this is a figure that's been done many times over in this exact format. If they wanted to test anything they would've gone for the Mezco route with a seamless costume since it hasn't been done before, that would've been interesting to see but 1/12 collectors don't like the restrictive playability that comes with soft goods and realism in 1/12 so I get their choice.

The market for higher-end 1/12 figures is not very large, speaking from experience and from following what some friends have done in the past. 1/12 collectors don't want downscaled 1/6 figures they want toys to play with it and I doubt this will create hype for a 1/6 version, if anything it just pisses off 1/6 collectors that they're doing him in this scale first.

1/12 collectors don't want downscaled 1/6 figures they want toys to play with it and I doubt this will create hype for a 1/6 version, if anything it just pisses off 1/6 collectors that they're doing him in this scale first.
I have to agree as I feel this is the same with Transformer collectors. I have the Masterpiece and custom transformers that I rarely transform that are typically used for display in their robot modes, but then I have the smaller scale TFs to mess around with with less worry about breaking something, especially during transformation.

Last edited:
The market for higher-end 1/12 figures is not very large, speaking from experience and from following what some friends have done in the past. 1/12 collectors don't want downscaled 1/6 figures they want toys to play with it and I doubt this will create hype for a 1/6 version, if anything it just pisses off 1/6 collectors that they're doing him in this scale first.
Very good point. The biggest thing going for 1/12 scale figure is the articulation. It's why I even have some of the Mafex/Sentinal Spider-Verse and Hush Batman/Superman figures. Great little figures that are fun to pose that you just won't ever get from 1/6 figures. The market and customer base between the two is very different. It's why you see so many people pissed off in this thread but if you check 1/12 social media accounts posting about this figure, everyone is clamoring for it.

I just assumed that they would push beyond what other companies are doing in this scale, which they have but a very very tiny bit. I did think that non-jointed figures was what they had in mind. Would have been interesting to see.

53230167421_78887a162b_k_d.jpg

53230167396_fc8526436d_k_d.jpg

i think they wont reveal another 1/6 batman until possibly the batman starts shipping as they may think that would cause people to cancel pre orders.
They just told a guy on instagram to stay tuned because they’re going to announce bvs Batman

Not exactly. The elbow pad is a part of the gauntlet, BUT it’s glued to the elbow. It’s a very weird design which is why so many companies mess it up.

It’s like how toy companies handle Boba Fett’s gauntlet hoses. The worst is when they’re sculpted and molded to the gauntlet. It ruins the design and articulation of the figure. Hasbro is notorious for this. The best is the way Mafex handled it. Their approach was separately sculpted tubes that feed up into the sculpted sleeves of his bicep. Brilliant.
Then why in the movie are the gauntlets completely they’re own separate part?

I’m talking this part. Never even noticed the sleeve they attach too. Besides the originals from begins were far superior.

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1696334962.mov
    31.9 MB
Very good point. The biggest thing going for 1/12 scale figure is the articulation. It's why I even have some of the Mafex/Sentinal Spider-Verse and Hush Batman/Superman figures. Great little figures that are fun to pose that you just won't ever get from 1/6 figures. The market and customer base between the two is very different. It's why you see so many people pissed off in this thread but if you check 1/12 social media accounts posting about this figure, everyone is clamoring for it.

I just assumed that they would push beyond what other companies are doing in this scale, which they have but a very very tiny bit. I did think that non-jointed figures was what they had in mind. Would have been interesting to see.

53230167421_78887a162b_k_d.jpg

53230167396_fc8526436d_k_d.jpg
Love those Batman poses!

I’m talking this part. Never even noticed the sleeve they attach too. Besides the originals from begins were far superior.
57F4FE8D-CAFD-48CB-9852-16544CC06F8F.jpeg

Yeah, they got elbows attached to them. There are 4 there in that case. 2 with elbows with the blades retracted and 2 without elbows with the blades folded down.

And yeah, the TDK suit is a mess. Begins gauntlets are better. People rip the Schumacher movies for being toyetic, but Batman’s Dark Knight suit is literally motorcycle gear with a cape back pack, glowing light up eyes and launching forearm blades. :lol

1E6A3ED6-CD82-460A-A267-3E03A066E208.jpeg
B0943D39-F7E6-43B6-851E-BBFCDE0B85FA.jpeg

CE530E63-3562-4152-8BB7-E569E430F6BF.png

2D2FC714-1E67-4404-8A27-F1EC82E65E39.jpeg

0A23B3DA-8996-49B8-9686-D1FAFF02BDB9.jpeg

Back