SSR The Bat Returns 2.0 aka “1/6 The Dark Knight Returns 2.0”…

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the dude from ToysWonderland man handle this figure in the YT video I certainly feel very confident on the joints, range of motion and body strength. Guy was really WAY more rough than I am with an expensive figure.

That's b/c they're using a worldbox body, which are some of the most durable bodies on the market. This is the one they're using for these Batman figures.

01-1__65460.1618498730.jpg

This looks amazing!!!

Has any company ever released an Azrael in Batman Armor Knightfall and Knightsend 1/6 scale figures?

Those are the ones I’d be interested in.

Bare in mind that though Rovanic is incredible, his figures are $600 to $1000. I was teetering on a DKR Batman from him until SSR announced theirs and saved me lol.

And not sure about the response time on Rovanic Studio. I know production is 6 months.
But I asked him for a quote for 3 figures (including Az-Bat) back in March, which I accepted for 2 out of the 3.
But when I requested the invoice for the deposit (twice) he never sent it or replied to my e-mail.

Might be a case where he has enough work on his plate already so specific requests are not his priority.
But my order was 1400$USD + shipping + you need to pay 5% Paypal fee.
Hard to think someone can just brush this off.

SSR is confusing with these tdkr releases. Here's one I got towards the end of last year, brand new which is different from this release. I like the silicone body more anyway but what are they doing?

Attachments

• 20240515_104319.jpg
    20240515_104319.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Yup, OSK just charged me for the blue version. I already have the original black version, so this will be a nice complement. Now if only their Silver Knight figure would ship already...

SSR is confusing with these tdkr releases. Here's one I got towards the end of last year, brand new which is different from this release. I like the silicone body more anyway but what are they doing?
The silicon body in the previous one was not for me. Maybe unreasonable of me, but I worry about durability. The Worldbox body on this version sold it for me.

After much internal wrangling I opted for black. Can’t go wrong with either color.

Maybe it is the angle but the head to body proportion look off to me, makes the figure look to lean.

The silicon body in the previous one was not for me. Maybe unreasonable of me, but I worry about durability. The Worldbox body on this version sold it for me.

After much internal wrangling I opted for black. Can’t go wrong with either color.
I'm worried about it as well. If it ever rots I'll just throw the costume on another body.

Agreed. Honestly, I haven't really liked any customs that use the Phicen/TBLeague bodies for comic characters. Same for when I've tried them out myself. Just not for me. Much prefer a well sculpted, hard plastic figure like the Worldbox on this or the in-house body they developed for the New52 Batman and Superman figures. I would be great if worldbox were to develop one that's about the same size/build with the same amount of articulation as the SSR New52 body so that it could be widely available to purchase.
I'm worried about it as well. If it ever rots I'll just throw the costume on another body.
Depending on your climate, probably a matter of when rather than if. I think it was Dean Knight who put his sideshow Harley Quinn and Catwoman on Phicen bodies and found that the elbows eventually cracked even under the suits.

Back