InArt: TDK Batman 1/12 scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Cook

Vengeance 🦇
CF Supporter
Reaction score
He’s coming.

IMG_1645.jpeg
IMG_1646.jpeg

For a company that’s new to 1:6, you’d think they’d want to spend every bit of their time and artist’s efforts ironing out the kinks in the scale that made people interested to begin with. This is as left field as if they started developing 1:6 vehicles before finishing their starting lineup.

I had about 10 seconds of hype when I saw the golden bat logo.

Then I saw it was a batarang.

Then I saw 1/12.

I'm so sick of TDK and that bloody suit. Make Ra's and Bruce in the League armor!

Perhaps they need a economy car. At least it isn't inArtbaby's.

If they are making a one and done type model with no reissues or 2.0/3.0’s like HT it makes sense they expand to other scales. They can’t release heavy hitters in the first couple of years. Look how long it’s taken HT to make a 3PO. Sucks but I understand the long term business strategy. They should dive deeper with the license with characters that haven’t been made or improve upon. Basic Scarecrow or Ra’s would be nice.

I understand the business strategy of not wanting to run the well dry too quickly.

However they will definitely go back on their word regarding 2.0s, at least with the main stays. It’s brand suicide in this hobby to never issue a 2.0. Whether that initially be different looks for the same characters then circling back to the main outfit. Hollywood itself has ran its well dry, how many new characters will prove to sell?

If they are going to make figures in another scale would much prefer to see 1/4 than 1/12.

I guess this will push back their 1/6 offering. Won’t be seeing that for years at this point. Sad.
Not necessarily. I honestly thought (in addition to previous comments) that it’d be years before we saw a Reeve Superman out of them and those MFs went up and teased one THE SAME WEEK they put their Cavill Supes up for Pre-Order.

I understand the business strategy of not wanting to run the well dry too quickly.

However they will definitely go back on their word regarding 2.0s, at least with the main stays. It’s brand suicide in this hobby to never issue a 2.0. Whether that initially be different looks for the same characters then circling back to the main outfit. Hollywood itself has ran its well dry, how many new characters will prove to sell?

I’m still very curious whether they hold true on the discussion of accessory packs. Supplementing/expanding on prior releases, rather than just straight-up revisiting them. I also wonder, if they do “accessory packs” for people who already own, like, their Ledger Joker, if they don’t then just offer the same stuff as full figures for those who missed out.

Not necessarily. I honestly thought (in addition to previous comments) that it’d be years before we saw a Reeve Superman out of them and those MFs went up and teased one THE SAME WEEK they put their Cavill Supes up for Pre-Order.

I’m still very curious whether they hold true on the discussion of accessory packs. Supplementing/expanding on prior releases, rather than just straight-up revisiting them. I also wonder, if they do “accessory packs” for people who already own, like, their Ledger Joker, if they don’t then just offer the same stuff as full figures for those who missed out.
Problem is Reeve Supes and Cavil are two different versions of Superman. Two different generations so they're capitalizing on separate markets. Having a Bale in 1/6 and 1/2 at the same time, will drive less sales versus forcing people to buy at particular scale, then opening up another scale. Hell, I don't really collect 1/12th but I'll buy this one. And guess what, I'll buy the 1/6 scale as well. It's smart but obviously would have preferred the 1/6th version.

Been hearing rumors they would be doing 1/12 since the beginning of the year, even posted it about it on here I think.
I don't think it's a very smart decision to be honest, depending on what they're aiming for.

People think 1/12 is a booming and growing market but it really isn't, especially now that prices have gone up. 1/12 collectors mainly collect Marvel/DC and they don't buy 1/12 only because it saves space but mainly because they're cheap while giving them a taste of something higher quality than a Mcfarlane or Neca. Thing is like I said prices have gone up and a lot of them are not willing to drop over $100 on a 1/12 figure, the recent Mezco prices are outrageous to them.

So if they want to make a Bale Batman or a little rooted Joker that exceeds those prices I don't think they will get the same reaction that their 1/6 pieces got, because 1/12 collectors don't really care about realism they are more worried about articulation, playability, the fun factor. You can give them some of the best tailored outfits, the most detailed sculpts and the first thing they will judge is how well your figure articulates or how fun it is to play with it.

That's not to say there won't be people who will want a mini InArt Joker and more DC stuff but other than that I don't see how they will appeal to the regular 1/12 collector, unless they keep their prices low and aim for what that market craves for instead of scaled down 1/6 figures.

Completely agree. When I think of 1/12, I think of low price and volume. Personally, I wouldn’t be willing to wait for a year for a 1/12 figure, either, so they better crank those guys out pretty quickly. And if it’s expensive, forget about it.

I’ve got the 1/12 bat from HT and it is the only item in my collection that isn’t 1/6. The reason I got it was because I understood it was way too big to ever be made in 1/6. I would never purchase anything in 1/12 unless it was some sort of vehicle that was too big for 1/6.

Back