InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I missed out on this through OneSixthKit. I wonder if it’ll be back. I should’ve gotten it… first time I’ve felt real FOMO.

If I get it, I’ll sell Arthur Fleck. I’d like to keep both diorama bases. They Murray Scene base is beautiful and although the Stairs is very stylized, it works well with the red suit and is iconic.

I see Spec Fiction still has it in stock. Might just have to secure it there or wait if Kit gets more on his site.

My intention was to wait until the last day and then buy it, as I've always done with InArt stuff so far, but, when the day arrived and I got there to proceed as usual, I looked at the price and... I just couldn't do it.

In a moment of clarity, I saw how absurd it was (for me) to spend almost $1300 when all I wanted was the red suit Joker.

I'm aware of the reason why and, while I agree and respect that any stuff from this movie shouldn't be treated as any other regular IP --that is, make toys of it which children could potentially play with--... come on, these are $500 dollies we're talking about. No one is going to let their kids play with them, whether they're $1000 or "just" a few hundred dollars less.

So I didn't want to get stuck with a figure I didn't want and another huge box. I was already screwed over by their Ledger Joker, another one where, like almost everybody else, I would have been perfectly fine with just the coat version and a reasonable box, instead of the cumbersome nuisance that I'm going to have a hard time getting rid of where I live.

Add to that the fact that apparently Phoenix is going to look the same in the new movie, so chances are we'll be seeing some new releases. If they "have to" set a high price tag for those, too, at least I hope the package will include Joker and Harley. I would find that more reasonable, at least.

Obviously people who already had the first release would disagree, though.

My intention was to wait until the last day and then buy it, as I've always done with InArt stuff so far, but, when the day arrived and I got there to proceed as usual, I looked at the price and... I just couldn't do it.

In a moment of clarity, I saw how absurd it was (for me) to spend almost $1300 when all I wanted was the red suit Joker.

I'm aware of the reason why and, while I agree and respect that any stuff from this movie shouldn't be treated as any other regular IP --that is, make toys of it which children could potentially play with--... come on, these are $500 dollies we're talking about. No one is going to let their kids play with them, whether they're $1000 or "just" a few hundred dollars less.

So I didn't want to get stuck with a figure I didn't want and another huge box. I was already screwed over by their Ledger Joker, another one where, like almost everybody else, I would have been perfectly fine with just the coat version and a reasonable box, instead of the cumbersome nuisance that I'm going to have a hard time getting rid of where I live.

Add to that the fact that apparently Phoenix is going to look the same in the new movie, so chances are we'll be seeing some new releases. If they "have to" set a high price tag for those, too, at least I hope the package will include Joker and Harley. I would find that more reasonable, at least.

To be perfectly frank I was in the same boat actually.

Going to put some money into a decent Ledger joker instead I think.

Good points. I decided to get it. 😅

Yay, can't wait for the trailer on the April 9th. Also the new poster is out, looks pretty much the same Arthur from the first movie!

1712159882098.png

interesting, wonder how many units have been pre ordered from all around.

Interesting but also rather annoying I find.

All these InArt pre orders with cut off dates and then all of them re opening randomly, sometimes more than once.

Either open them up for longer or cut them off and stay cut off (bar of course some available units in release due to cancellations).

Is that seriously it? Because they want to capitalize on FOMO?
Maybe it’s shady FOMO tactics. Maybe it’s just business.

Open initial orders for a month, get a solid idea of required production numbers, book a slot with a factory, round up production numbers for the best cost per unit discount, reopen pre-orders to sell the additional product.

Last edited:
Maybe they didn't get a much orders as needed? Or is this Kit only opening it up because some people have cancelled already or his suppliers still has some allocations left? Did preorders repoen elsewhere?

Maybe it’s shady FOMO tactics. Maybe it’s just business.

Open initial orders for a month, get a solid idea of required production numbers, book a slot with a factory, round up production numbers for the best cost per unit discount, reopen pre-orders to sell the additional unit.
I should’ve known it would pop up again on OSK. Oh well, first time this has happened, lesson learned 😅

I don't think SpecFiction has ever closed his preorders for this yet.

I'm assuming they haven't sold all their allocations. Inart website is sold out so it's not them opening up unless they notified suppliers they can take in a few more orders.

Back