I Miss the 80's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played clarinet for years and thought about switching to bass sax just because so few played it but I dropped it all. I wasn't bad at it either.

I played the alto sax years back in middle school. There were only four saxes available in class (compared to the many clarinets and flutes), so the teacher rewarded them to the most well behaved kids. Somehow, I happened to be one of them :yess: :rotfl.

I remember teacher and students smoking in the classroom.You could smoke in hospitals,basically everywhere but churches and movie theater.

Well I was born in 1983 so I remember the 90s more. All I remember about the 80s is Endless holidays in IBiza with Mum & Dad & siblings oh and My dad playing his Supertramp records non stop.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QIPuJQ5hY[/ame]

I watched Ted for the first time a few nights ago. I had no idea there was going to be all the 80's Flash Gordon shout outs. F'king awesome!

I've got an 80s-related display on one of my bookshelves. Ghostbuster is obviously a work-in-progress (as is Snake Eyes).

DSC_0252-3_zps95999205.jpg

Thinking I might add my HT Thriller MJ and Tech Noir Terminator to the display eventually.

I've been watching Cheers on a regular basis lately. It's a great sitcom, but even if the comedy had been junk, I'd be watching solely for how well it captured 1982 onward. I don't know if it works for people who grew up outside of New England. Worth a try, though.

Jesus "Cheers"

I can't even tell you how much that show was part of my late teens and early 20's.

Kirstie Alley sure was erection material no doubt about it. (even Rhea Perlman was something to behold in her prime for me)

I haven't made it that far yet. Still in the Diane (holy freaking pretty) and Coach days. Yastremski still played for the Sox. Reagan was President. Kenner Star Wars was still on the shelves. G.I.Joe and Transformers weren't even on the air yet (but Voltron was).

Hell, Kirstie Alley was still Lt. Savik.

Back