I Miss the 80's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BttXq.gif

I hate Kenny G, but I cannot deny the power of Songbird.

I have no problem with Kenny G, I just don't listen to him. He's talented at what he does and is a great sax player.

I feel the same way about a lot of rap music. There are some very talented guys who do it, I just don't listen to it because I hate that type of music.

One thing I do not miss from the 80's is Aquanet hairspray and the hair-bear hairdo that so many girls wore. When I dated a hair-bear and took them to the drive-In theater, they would spray that cheap hairspray and smell up my mini-truck. :monkey4

aquanetpics.jpg

80s-big-bangs-hair-61.jpg

One thing I do not miss from the 80's is Aquanet hairspray and the hair-bear hairdo that so many girls wore. When I dated a hair-bear and took them to the drive-In theater, they would spray that cheap hairspray and smell up my mini-truck. :monkey4

aquanetpics.jpg

Dated a few rocker chicks like that and was always afraid to smoke around them. :lol

I have no problem with Kenny G, I just don't listen to him. He's talented at what he does and is a great sax player.

I feel the same way about a lot of rap music. There are some very talented guys who do it, I just don't listen to it because I hate that type of music.

He's horrible, but Pat Metheny's issue with him is really the major one I have, as well:

But when Kenny G decided that it was appropriate for him to defile the music of the man who is probably the greatest jazz musician that has ever lived by spewing his lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, ****ed up playing all over one of the great Louis's tracks (even one of his lesser ones), he did something that I would not have imagined possible. He, in one move, through his unbelievably pretentious and calloused musical decision to embark on this most cynical of musical paths, **** all over the graves of all the musicians past and present who have risked their lives by going out there on the road for years and years developing their own music inspired by the standards of grace that Louis Armstrong brought to every single note he played over an amazing lifetime as a musician. By disrespecting Louis, his legacy and by default, everyone who has ever tried to do something positive with improvised music and what it can be, Kenny G has created a new low point in modern culture - something that we all should be totally embarrassed about - and afraid of. We ignore this, "let it slide", at our own peril.

https://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm

**** that guy.

aquanetpics.jpg

Yeah, that's one negative to the decade I agree with.

He's horrible, but Pat Metheny's issue with him is really the major one I have, as well:

Like I said, I don't care about Kenny G at all, but explain to me what makes him so horrible.

https://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm

**** that guy.

I'm confused, how did he disrespect Louie Armstrong? I think it pisses a lot of purists off when someone goes mainstream. I don't care for his music, but I certainly don't think he disrespects anyone with it.

I do love Louie Armstrong but there's no way that Kenny G is taking away form that.

My kids are listening to the Go-Go's right now and bouncing off the walls...and the couches...and the ceiling...and the staircase...and the entertainment center...and the woodstove...

It's loud, so very, very loud.

My kids are listening to the Go-Go's right now and bouncing off the walls...and the couches...and the ceiling...and the staircase...and the entertainment center...and the woodstove...

It's loud, so very, very loud.

My sister was a huge fan of the Go-Go's back in the 80's. She also loved Pat Benetar, Joan Jett and other wild girl singers and bands.

Not a big fan of Kenny G but I do like his sax music whenever I hear it. Haters are gonna hate, I guess :lol.

Not a big fan of Kenny G but I do like his sax music whenever I hear it. Haters are gonna hate, I guess :lol.

I played clarinet for years and thought about switching to bass sax just because so few played it but I dropped it all. I wasn't bad at it either.

Back