Hugh Laurie as House Custom Headsculpt by Chris Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on here with this new Forum rule, and "the Chris Howes incident"? I don't have a clue what's happening.

I just joined a week ago, I wanted to show off my collection, and see if anyone was interested in my custom made accessories and 1/6 painted sculpts but I guess now we can no longer take commissions!?

What is going on here with this new Forum rule, and "the Chris Howes incident"? I don't have a clue what's happening.

I just joined a week ago, I wanted to show off my collection, and see if anyone was interested in my custom made accessories and 1/6 painted sculpts but I guess now we can no longer take commissions!?

We'd love to see your custom accessories. Repaints are fine.

We just don't want to see a group of people paying for a sculpt that may or may not ever get made or delivered.

Welcome Joey! :D
Due to the whole Chris Howes situation (just go back and read the thread) we're all just encouraging more sensibility with custom sales. I have started making custom accessories too, but I guess the main thought is don't bite off more than you can chew. Personally, I've been getting a good deal of the work done on my stuff before I offer it. Makes it a lot easier. Good luck!
JB

Yeah, I thought the whole commissions thing was pretty cool because it's almost like an open market of endless supplies for collector's of 1/6 merchandise. I'm truly saddened to see it go this way.

Like I've said many times on several threads, I didnt join the site to sell items. But everyone on the forum was selling everything imaginable, I thought it would be cool to get some commissions in for items I know how to make well and that others would want to own for their 1/6 figures.

Oh, and Thanks for the Welcome Drizzle! Say do you make any other clothing items!? Cam I PM you? Or is this Prohibition Now?!

Yeah, I thought the whole commissions thing was pretty cool because it's almost like an open market of endless supplies for collector's of 1/6 merchandise. I'm truly saddened to see it go this way.

Like I've said many times on several threads, I didnt join the site to sell items. But everyone on the forum was selling everything imaginable, I thought it would be cool to get some commissions in for items I know how to make well and that others would want to own for their 1/6 figures.

Oh, and Thanks for the Welcome Drizzle! Say do you make any other clothing items!? Cam I PM you? Or is this Prohibition Now?!

Dude! PM me anytime you like. I will eventually have other clothing items and accessories, but I'm taking it one step at a time, and pacing myself. :D

Guess what arrived today?

A House head :horror

From KBA :)

I like it. I thank you very much KBA :bow

Sweet!

How does it look compared to Serang's House head?

They are both totally different. Serang's head is 'tighter', sharper. Howes' head seem more loose, not sloppy, but not a honed as Serang's. Serang's head has a little more detail.

That said, I think they are both good. Neither one is a perfect, but they are both unmistakably House. The both have their pros and cons.

Serangs has a more intense look, almost scowling. Howes' has more flat stare.

Howes' sculpt really looks more of a season one House. Serangs looks older.

Howes' biggest fault I think is the chin is too narrow and the neck is too thin. Sergan's has a thicker neck, which looks better, but I think Serang's chin is to strong, too squared.

So where in the middle is a perfect House sculpt

Bottom line, imo, is they are both good sculpts, artist interpretations of Hugh Laurie. Its really a matter of preference.

Interested to see what Triad gives us.

Thanks for the detailed comparison bro. Soooo, are you going to have two House figures for display? Did you get the Repsol motorcycle to go with him?

Thanks for the detailed comparison bro. Soooo, are you going to have two House figures for display? Did you get the Repsol motorcycle to go with him?

No bike.

I am gonna send them both off to Small Studios for paint, and maybe bash another House. Or just switch out heads periodically :dunno

Heres some comparison pics.

I dont think these shots are fair to either sculpt. We have seen how beautiful Serang's sculpt is with an amazing paint app, Howes' sculpt hasnt had that chance yet.

So anyway, for those curious to see them side by side here are some pics.

SDC11923.jpg

SDC11924.jpg

SDC11925.jpg

Thanks for the comp. shots. Still like the more realism w/ Serang's but Howes still looks great and I think it will look great once painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back