1/6 How it's made: DETOLF EMPERORS THRONE ROOM WITH CHAIR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jazz do you reckon you could let us know on here when the thread for the Tantive IV goes up. I didn't see this Emperors Throne thread until a week or so after it started.

You can already register for that one. I have a prototype meeting in two weeks

I'm kinda new to your dioramas. Would the budget of this diorama have led background like your deathstar dio?

No there's no LED background on this one. That would push the price way up in this case and there's no way to do a light up background graphic for a reasonable price and make it look good

Ah, I see. Thank you. I'm tempted to get one of your dio. I like this one a
Little better than the Death Star, but I like the light up feature of the other one. Will contemplate on that.

Ah, I see. Thank you. I'm tempted to get one of your dio. I like this one a
Little better than the Death Star, but I like the light up feature of the other one. Will contemplate on that.

Sure! Fair warning though, I am down to the last 10 pieces of the death Star.

I get many questions about my dioramas. Here is an info sheet of all the pieces you can currently preorder and the current status as of this morning:

-Budget Death Star diorama: down to the final 4 pieces

-DeLuxe Death Star Diorama: down to the final 11 pieces

-Tantive IV Service Corridor: 75% of the batch sold

-Emperor Throne Room and Tantive IV entry way: still plenty left because preorders just started.

View attachment 329634

I get many questions about my dioramas. Here is an info sheet of all the pieces you can currently preorder and the current status as of this morning:

-Budget Death Star diorama: down to the final 4 pieces

-DeLuxe Death Star Diorama: down to the final 11 pieces

-Tantive IV Service Corridor: 75% of the batch sold

-Emperor Throne Room and Tantive IV entry way: still plenty left because preorders just started.

View attachment 329634

Wow, those are really tempting. Is there a guide that shows the overall dimensions of each, or are they all basically the same (i.e. matched to slot into Detolf)? Tantive IV entry looks super cool.

And is the Deluxe Death Star Dio easier to put together than your big (first) Death Star dio that was maybe three times the size?

And just to correct your first post, the Sideshow Emperor's chair/throne wouldn't sell at $900, despite that Amazon listing. The ones on eBay in the past month or two have been in the US$300 to $350 range.

Wow, those are really tempting. Is there a guide that shows the overall dimensions of each, or are they all basically the same (i.e. matched to slot into Detolf)? Tantive IV entry looks super cool.

And is the Deluxe Death Star Dio easier to put together than your big (first) Death Star dio that was maybe three times the size?

And just to correct your first post, the Sideshow Emperor's chair/throne wouldn't sell at $900, despite that Amazon listing. The ones on eBay in the past month or two have been in the US$300 to $350 range.

Thanks! Yes they are all designed to fit in a detolf shelf, so around 15 x 15 x 11,5 inch. Assembly is simple and there is (and will be) an assembly video for every design.
And even if the throne sells between $300-350, then my price target of $289 for the deluxe with chair is still much lower.

Any chance in need future to make these besta sized. I'm tempted to get a detolf for these but I like bigger

Any chance in need future to make these besta sized. I'm tempted to get a detolf for these but I like bigger

I really don't know yet. I'm afraid Bestas aren't widely used for 1/6 figures, so it'll be a hard sell to make the numbers I need to make it worthwhile. I might go bigger in the future if it's still fun and I can still do it, but for now, I still have another 5-6 solid ideas (and plans) for DETOLF dioramas after all these.

Thanks! Yes they are all designed to fit in a detolf shelf, so around 15 x 15 x 11,5 inch. Assembly is simple and there is (and will be) an assembly video for every design.
And even if the throne sells between $300-350, then my price target of $289 for the deluxe with chair is still much lower.

One more question - with these displays that are designed to work with Detolfs, can they free-stand without the Detolf around them? I use a Besta, so I would lower the upper shelf down to the display's ceiling and one wall could be in contact with the Besta wall, but one wall would have to self-support.

Really excited by the Tantive main corridor dio, but the "backdrops" you are offering with it - are they designed to be visible when the door is not in place? Just wondering where they are designed to connect.

One more question - with these displays that are designed to work with Detolfs, can they free-stand without the Detolf around them? I use a Besta, so I would lower the upper shelf down to the display's ceiling and one wall could be in contact with the Besta wall, but one wall would have to self-support.

Really excited by the Tantive main corridor dio, but the "backdrops" you are offering with it - are they designed to be visible when the door is not in place? Just wondering where they are designed to connect.

Thanks. All good questions. Every one of my designs, except the budget death Star is designed to stand on its own. So, you could use them with or without the DETOLF.

The backgrounds will be attached behind the wall with the door in it so, you can choose to mount the background graphic or mount the door that will come with the kit.

I have 2 budgets (and 2 more on the way :)) and they actually stand just fine on their own. That tape is crazy strong.

I suppose it's possible that the tape could lose its strength over time,

I have 2 budgets (and 2 more on the way :)) and they actually stand just fine on their own. That tape is crazy strong.

I suppose it's possible that the tape could lose its strength over time,

I'm not surprised. And no, that tape will not lose strength! It's the best industrial tape I could find!

I'm thinking of putting an old computer monitor behind the emperor window with some Star Wars space sequences. I'm not sure how it would look but it seems like it should work.

I'm thinking of putting an old computer monitor behind the emperor window with some Star Wars space sequences. I'm not sure how it would look but it seems like it should work.
Now that would be epic!

Back