1/6 How it's made: DETOLF EMPERORS THRONE ROOM WITH CHAIR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in a budget but just had some pretty big expenses so can't commit just yet. Is this planned for your next release after the Tantive service corridor?

I'm interested in a budget but just had some pretty big expenses so can't commit just yet. Is this planned for your next release after the Tantive service corridor?

Yes, it'll come after the service corridor, either together with or close to the white Tantive Entry Hallway, somewhere around June or July

Lighting?

We're trying out LED lighting in the chair. Maybe more

Deposit sent for the deluxe!

Great Got it. #16 on the list

Were you planning on backlighting the poster?
I had the same thought. Not sure if there would be enough space to lightbox the image?

I thought about that too, but the 2mm forex prints don't let any light through. So you'd have to use a transparent sticker or something. But how to get even light across the back of that and not wash out the backs. I don't think it's possible. I'm open to suggestions! Please keep size and price in mind!

Deposit sent! My detolfs are going to be looking great!

Got it! You're #19! The support and trust on this forum is wonderful!

Great project! If I didn't already have a throne I'd be interested; as is I'm still a bit tempted to sell mine and get in on this :lol

Great project! If I didn't already have a throne I'd be interested; as is I'm still a bit tempted to sell mine and get in on this :lol

Thanks man! And there's also a budget version for those who already have a throne and want to keep theirs

What do you guys think of this art print behind the window?

to_the_moon_of_endor_by_balsavor.jpg

Yeah I could see space being an issue with a light box, would be cool if anyone thinks of a solution.

For behind the window, personally I would prefer more if just stars like the movie, maybe a small distant space battle.
e74301cc0fecc251837ff1c16077c0a4.jpg
d062b980cb00739519fc148dda095c36.jpg
b146968bb3c33d4d37a93d7b0e2cbc95.jpg
4fc8466d30f129fd80c434c30be45871.jpg

I actually like the Endor background, I think it adds a nice bit of color to a overall Dark display.

I actually like the Endor background, I think it adds a nice bit of color to a overall Dark display.

I'll make a calculation and if it's possible, maybe the deluxe or both will get two back grounds so people can chose.

The background is going to be something where it is impossible to please everyone. It probably wouldn't be too much trouble for people to order/print their own image if the default one didn't suit though. I'm guessing just having space and stars might cause the least amount of objections, as it fits the movie. It would of course be great if the stars lit up, but that probably falls into wish fulfillment due to budget and space constraints.

Nexus67 has an amazing thread in the customs forum where he made the throne room and he used glass fibres for the stars. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-custom-figures-and-dioramas/175791-death-star-throne-window.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can you share any of your ideas for the window Jazz? I'm not sure how much of it you're hoping to show as once the edges come into play they would need to protude.

The background is going to be something where it is impossible to please everyone. It probably wouldn't be too much trouble for people to order/print their own image if the default one didn't suit though. I'm guessing just having space and stars might cause the least amount of objections, as it fits the movie. It would of course be great if the stars lit up, but that probably falls into wish fulfillment due to budget and space constraints.

Nexus67 has an amazing thread in the customs forum where he made the throne room and he used glass fibres for the stars. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...dioramas/175791-death-star-throne-window.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can you share any of your ideas for the window Jazz? I'm not sure how much of it you're hoping to show as once the edges come into play they would need to protude.

The glass fibers would be awesome but in the budget category of even the deluxe below $300 it'd be impossible.
I am going to try several window designs. Maybe do some forced perspective. Again, I'm always open to input and suggestions! It'd have to be 39cm by 38 cm square no matter what I do

Back