Stark Mansion – The Living Room Level

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate of the nice comments, I ran out of rep power for today but will continue tomorrow :)

That is so well done and I love all the little details, like the giant rabbit, the pictures and that chair. Looks amazing! :clap

This is my first diorama but I have discovered that the details are what make it special and at the same time they give you endless opportunities for improvement

Each item can become a project.

For instance, I bought a phone for the Mandarin for a couple dollars and it was fine. Then one day I decided to tear it apart, paint it, drill out the finger holes in the dial and I printed a number decal for dial.

Most people will never know that but that's okay.

Brilliant. Very impressive. Always a treat to see what you come up with next!

This side is close to complete so I'm going to take about a year off from the big projects.

During that time I will tune it up and add more figures.

Then I'm going to tackle Wayne Manor for the other side of the room

Very cool...especially the curved walls and ceiling profile and the rock features. Really enjoy watching your progress.

I'm not good with curvy things and this was a learning experience for me. It came out a lot better then I expected.

If you could make the sunsest backlit that would be pretty slick

I thought about using fluorescent inks for the print but after getting it in place I realized that thee muted look of the low quality print was more realistic. When you're inside looking out the horizon isn't razor sharp or vibrant, so I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

You also have to consider that it looks very different in person, the camera tends to amplify the look of the back drop.

That looks incredible. Congratulations on putting that together.

WOW! Amazing work!

Thanks

That does sound interesting! Looking forward to seeing that, especially if it is as good as this one. :)

Wayne manor should be fun. Which version?

I haven't decided yet. I know I'll have 4 levels - the jail cells on the bottom then a bat cave, then the living room floor and an undetermined upper level

Should be good. I'm going to do a variation of the farm house from Aou next I think. That scene cracks me up. Thor in costume and then some little kid hanging all over him. The contradiction of it (best word I could think of) makes me laugh.

Should be good. I'm going to do a variation of the farm house from Aou next I think. That scene cracks me up. Thor in costume and then some little kid hanging all over him. The contradiction of it (best word I could think of) makes me laugh.

I think the word you were looking for is juxtaposition. But you still made your point. :)
Ryan

I received the drum set and I think it looks fantastic. Thor is just sitting in until I get a Hawkeye but I think he looks pretty good and he’ll look even better once I have him in the civi cloths I have on pre-order.

Most of the drum set is appropriately sized for 1/6 figures but I had to mod the stool and the legs on the single drum on the left to make them taller.

Sounds neat but I'm don't have the room to devote that much landscape to a single situational dio. If I did something like that I would have to do a bunch of smaller dios and that means a lot of figures and a lot of room and a lot of time.

Friggin amazing.
Wonderful diorama, nice work :clap

Thanks

I think the word you were looking for is juxtaposition. But you still made your point. :) Ryan

Yes, that does make more sense.

Drums are a great addition. Where are you finding the 1:6 scale instruments at?

For the guitars, check ebay for guitars called Pick-Ups. I have about 8 or more of those I bought long before I knew about Hot Toys. They were just a neat miniature guitar collection. They did a signature series as well as regular versions. I have B.B. Kings Lucille, Paul Stanleys Les Paul, as well as some others. They had B.C. Rich, Epiphone, Gibson Les Paul, and Martin acoustics. There is also the guitar made by Hot Toys for The Crow.
Ryan

I just use Bing and eBay.

Sometimes you can find 1/6 items by using the search term "Barbie" instead of 1/6.

I'm very persistent and thorough.

I have on more then one occasion looked at ever 1/6 item listed on ebay.

Drums are a great addition. Where are you finding the 1:6 scale instruments at?

Playscale is another term for items at around 1/6 scale. There's a line of dollhouse products in that scale. I have a 1/6 scale dollhouse kitchen that was done at the family studio for my daughter one Christmas. It was even featured in one of those dollhouse magazines. Lol it turned out pretty good and fits 1/6 pretty well.

Back