1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks amazing!

If I were to purchase 2 sets would they fit nicely together to make a longer corridor?

Just hypothetically, I'm still saving for the just one set. :)

No, the sides will not be covered so you can let either natural light or movie accurate red light shine in between the vertical panels. Luckily, the prototype for the proper sized background graphic arrived recently, so you're still looking at an unfinished and unpainted prototype, but the background graphic in this picture is final.

Looks very realistic now that the size is right

36d293c8e72e2f39de4094f17d401eb2.jpg

Incredible !!!:clap

It looks amazing!

If I were to purchase 2 sets would they fit nicely together to make a longer corridor?

Just hypothetically, I'm still saving for the just one set. :)

I dont see why not. Would be cool I think!

Check it out. The prototype of the Tantive IV service Corridor is really coming together with the piping, the tanks and check out the beautiful black corrugated tubing effect!
I am really not sure whether we should paint this or not. Painting all those parts would be adding to the cost. Might be more movie accurate though, what are you guys think?

83bc74585ca7c1c030fb5b1714c1f0e1.jpg

730eb6ccb0b21fcb404180eb4f3a08ee.jpg

c767284085c2d88fdc1d165e9085e61c.jpg

d6276e5ce20bb746025410ab5e92d22d.jpg

Looks amazing.

As to painting, the upright panels are white in the scene where Leia places the plans in R2 and white in the scene, but a bit on the dirty side, when she is stunned by stormtroopers. They are grey in the escape pod scene with R2 and 3PO though. Given this is a Carrie tribute, my thoughts are they need to be white.

Looks amazing.

As to painting, the upright panels are white in the scene where Leia places the plans in R2 and white in the scene, but a bit on the dirty side, when she is stunned by stormtroopers. They are grey in the escape pod scene with R2 and 3PO though. Given this is a Carrie tribute, my thoughts are they need to be white.

I'm pretty sure that is the lighting, I would go with a light warm gray

I'm pretty sure that is the lighting, I would go with a light warm gray

You sure. I rewatched those scenes like 10 times before and during posting. They seem to be the same as used in the rest of the tantive set, but the lighting and surrounds have been darkened so the corridor takes on a darker feel. But given the 3PO escape scene looks very clearly grey, perhaps the rest are too.

Either way, the aluminium, as nice as it is, may be a bit shiney. But happy to go with the group consensus.

I agree Jazz. Upright panels are medium-light flat warm grey. The tanks are just a few shades darker with a glossy finish. The pipes appear to be the same as the tanks. The corrugated black tubes look good unpainted. Not sure about the floor but my guess would be the same as the tanks just a bit scuffed up. The tanks look small, but given this is scaled for a detolf I guess that can't be helped. Should there not be 4 tanks, 2 on top 2 on bottom? :)

I agree Jazz. Upright panels are medium-light flat warm grey. The tanks are just a few shades darker with a glossy finish. The pipes appear to be the same as the tanks. The corrugated black tubes look good unpainted. Not sure about the floor but my guess would be the same as the tanks just a bit scuffed up. The tanks look small, but given this is scaled for a detolf I guess that can't be helped. Should there not be 4 tanks, 2 on top 2 on bottom? :)

You are correct on all counts. We have found the correct RAL colors to use, and if it's even slightly affordable, we will paint it that way. Using the industrial painter we've been using for the first two batches of the diorama.

The tanks need to be smaller for the forced perspective and yes, we are working on two tanks on the top and two on the bottom, we just didn't get that far.

Hi Joost, will the final model have this kind of little ceiling on both sides, too?

Is is possible to place the sides alone (for use with no detolf), to create a little more room in the middle?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi Joost, will the final model have this kind of little ceiling on both sides, too?

Is is possible to place the sides alone (for use with no detolf), to create a little more room in the middle?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Yes and yes!

Back