1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, there won't be any money left to spend on figures with you creating all these great displays. :duff

Will there be any lightning / illumination? Is the price in Euro identical to the Dollar price, or a bit less?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Good question on the lighting. One of the great things about the Death Star Dio's is the illumination. Dio's and large stands can become "blocky" and hard to light with dioders and often they block the shelves surrounding them from ambient or directional light.

I am contemplating getting one of these but would put it up on top of my detolf most likely. Will this one have a ceiling or just be open on top?

Will there be any lightning / illumination? Is the price in Euro identical to the Dollar price, or a bit less?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

There won't be any lighting. The sides will have enough openings for the Dioders to shine through. I suggest using the same light as the original movie crew by getting full colored dioders and turning them to red behind leia. Seeing there's no lighting from above in the original scene

Good question on the lighting. One of the great things about the Death Star Dio's is the illumination. Dio's and large stands can become "blocky" and hard to light with dioders and often they block the shelves surrounding them from ambient or directional light.

I am contemplating getting one of these but would put it up on top of my detolf most likely. Will this one have a ceiling or just be open on top?

It has an open top where you can decide lighting design. To keep the price down, I didn't add in the illumination, especially because there are no official lights in the hallway except the red lighting the movie crew used behind one of the vertical metal dividers

Very interested.... will the sides of the detolf be covered?

And can you get a pic up with the right sized background graphic?

No, the sides will not be covered so you can let either natural light or movie accurate red light shine in between the vertical panels. Luckily, the prototype for the proper sized background graphic arrived recently, so you're still looking at an unfinished and unpainted prototype, but the background graphic in this picture is final.

Looks very realistic now that the size is right

36d293c8e72e2f39de4094f17d401eb2.jpg

How heavy is this going to be? I'm not sure the limit of a detolf shelf.

Back