Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was over before it started.

3d7e9c82.gif

No it will end only after the 2 August.
Still plenty of time to be disappointed.

HAHAHA, i hope we don't get disappointed, i'm still hoping for the new Marvel figure, and I want to know why it says "GREEN LANTERN" on their booth... so....:pray:

I want to go to Ani-com and yell where is Keaton Batman you promised to show that figure here!!!!:mad::(

Posted on Toyhaven Blogspot SCALPERS NAMED, I've copied and pasted that's all,

1:1 scale Scum and Villian / Scalpers at 2011 Hong Kong Ani-Con - Sad but True
This thread appeared in one of the forums I frequent and I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED to read that friggin douchebags / a$$holes / jerks / scum and other unmentionables along with their own scalper army made off with most of the exclusives at the 2011 Hong Kong Ani-Con. I wanted to send the word out to fellow collectors to be wary of such unscrupulous people. Beware these sellers: They are 'timcent88' and 'phoenix.hong.kong.' and 'notforsell2007'.

One of the guys (a genuine collector) who camped overnight counted the line which numbered 100+ people in front of him at the beginning, but by the time he got his ticket to buy (there were 600 tickets passed out representing the 600 available sets) the next day, he said it was up to 450! An extra 350 thugs and helpers had appeared.

A collector saw at least 2 friggin sellers giving money to those Indonesians, Pakistanies and even kids under 16 who had queued and got the figures for them. Little by little their figures would pile up like a wall (containing like a 100 sets at least).

"The local news claims that he spent 1700 HKD or 219 USD per person to get him 1 set of figures, before paying the 1380 HKD x 3 for the set of figures itself. That is 5840 HKD or 753 USD for the set! He is scalping it for 8500 HKD a set or 1096 USD which nets him a profit of 343.77 USD or 2664 HKD. He has approximately 100 - 450+ sets.

So if this sells out, he can make a profit of 450 x 344 USD = 154,800 USD but he spent 338,850 USD to do it. If he had only 100 sets, the he can net a profit of 34,400 USD from a 75,300 USD investment. Not bad for 50% return IF he sells it all. Hard to find stocks that would net you that.

But I would not worry.

Rumor is that SS will have both HK Anicon exclusive Batman and Predator at normal volume ~ 2000 or more pieces each, for normal price ordering by next month! That is a few days or weeks away folks! Even with shipping, it is cheaper than paying the scalpers! Don't buy the scalpers price and it will drop. It has too because he has between a 75K to 338+K USD hole in his pocket right now!"

As long as people buy from scalpers, scalpers will exist. Beware these sellers: They are 'timcent88' and 'phoenix.hong.kong.' and 'notforsell2007'.

I think notforsell2007 is a Yahoo seller ID

https://webcache.googleusercontent....8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Phoenix
https://shop.ebay.co.uk/phoenix.hong.kong/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

timcent
https://shop.ebay.co.uk/timcent88/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Kindest regards
Tys

Posted on Toyhaven Blogspot SCALPERS NAMED, I've copied and pasted that's all...

What's the point of naming and shaming? Anyone who is prepared to fork out cash well in excess of MSRP for these figures knows they're dealing with a scalper and I can't imagine that really couldn't care a jot about the fact they're propping up this practice.

Surely if people want to see an end to scalping then they should lobby the companies themselves to do something about it. Like be a bit more forthcoming with production numbers, and be prepared to communicate their intentions re: exclusives and availability.

Scalpers are just out to make a living - it's no surprise to anyone the tactics they employ to get their stash. Hot Toys for one could be a bit more pro-active about it. Couldn't they?

____ the scalpers,i never cash out crazy money for exclusives anyway because they always become available later through sideshow or other places.

every time HT announces a exclusive,people panic and there is no reason to.

Back